Breaking: XBOX Live hacked?

HeSaveDave

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
xbox.jpg

Does anyone see anything more on this? Scary!

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/24144/LulzSec-Reportedly-Targets-Xbox-Live-Account-Info/

Hacker group LulzSec has reportedly released a file containing Xbox Live user information in combination with logins for other services such as Facebook, Twitter and Paypal. The exact amount of information compromised is not known at this time but the hacking group isn’t picking targets – casual gamers, long time live players and even government official’s information may have been compromised.

The group uploaded a large file containing usernames and passwords for the various services including Xbox Live last night. The file has since been removed but not before LulzSec could claim that the file had been viewed thousands of times.

The leak was first exposed through LulSec’s twitter account. There they wrote about abusing the breached information and messing with compromised Facebook and Social Networking accounts.

"Envelope yourself in the sickening realization that you secretly love f--king someone's Facebook life beyond repair." - Quote from LulzSec Twitter Account

We’ve reached out to Xbox Live’s community team for comment regarding the possible breach of Xbox Live Accounts. Should any further information break regarding this possible security risk we will make sure to bring it to you. For now the best advice would be to check your Xbox Live account and make sure that your password still works and that no unauthorized purchases have been made on the Marketplace under your account.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is what LulzSec had to say

In return for flooding /b/ this morning, have 62,000
passwords and emails. The top half is "password | email",
and the bottom half is "email | password"; these are random
assortments from a collection, so don't ask which site they're
from or how old they are, because we have no idea. We also can't
confirm what percentage still work, but be creative or something.

They don't know where these emails and passwords are from.

That's it......hackers have declared war on video games......since most of us can't program/hack , we can't fight back!

[quote name='slickkill77']These ass hats are getting really f*cking annoying[/QUOTE]

This.

Sega got hacked this morning too.

[quote name='mtxbass1']This.

Sega got hacked this morning too.[/QUOTE]

And all the hackers found was concept artwork for the dreamcast 2 lolz.

This doesn't surprise me. I read somewhere these groups are starting to target game developers etc because people get a false sense of security from them.

[quote name='Tony208']Don't know how many of you heard but the CIA website was hacked recently.
I probably watch too many movies but I hope they do some black ops in response.[/QUOTE]

Teah, the Senate and the CIA were hacked lol.

[quote name='AshesofWake']this is good. now we will get free games after a month of live being down :D[/QUOTE]

Yea good luck with that ...remember when XBL had problems and all they gave us was TOW for free :| geez.

If anything does happen, I expect them to give us junk avatar shit and a free month of XBL.

If it is anything like the crap Sony gave PS3 owners ...I expect microsoft to give us about the same, minus the free 1 year ID protection and credit check.

No offense but I never see Microsoft or google ever getting hacked and if they did they'd find ya pretty quick with their goon squad. :)

I'm worried the hackers will start using racial slurs over voicechat, forever staining the saintly nature of the service.

[quote name='ITDEFX']And all the hackers found was concept artwork for the dreamcast 2 lolz.[/QUOTE]

At this time of night I'm gullible enough to think that is true. I would love to see a Dreamcast 2 and I remember reading soon after they stopped support for the Dreamcast that if the company makes enough from just games to get back into the console war they would.

[quote name='Strell']I'm worried the hackers will start using racial slurs over voicechat, forever staining the saintly nature of the service.[/QUOTE]

Nice.

Oh what will the XBros do if they take down live.

Getting hacked is one thing.....If you have a secure network, the information taken will be less in quantity and sensitivity.

Sony got it bad because they failed in their protection. The more popular something is.....the more times it will be hacked.

Everything has been hacked at some point........

[quote name='lowgear26']Getting hacked is one thing.....If you have a secure network, the information taken will be less in quantity and sensitivity.

Sony got it bad because they failed in their protection. The more popular something is.....the more times it will be hacked.

Everything has been hacked at some point........[/QUOTE]

"the information taken will be less in quantity and sensitivity." Wut? Quantity is irrelevant. You have no idea and are no judge what data is sensitive or not.

It sounds to me like you're defending these assholes. What's their excuse for Sega, Bethesda, NC Soft, the CIA, and countless others? They're popular so they get hacked? Right...

"Everything has been hacked at some point" sounds to me like you're just fine with these things happening.

I'm an analyst by nature and by trade at work. The more sites they hack the more breadcrumbs they leave. Eventually if these companies work together to put it all together these guys will get caught, and you really have to think about what they have done. Essentially they have broken a large handful of State, National, and International law. These guys won't be touching a computer for a loooooooong time once they are caught.

Also, my wife said they will just get hired by the CIA. I would have said this before, but not anymore. It's like these guys just don't plan on living full lives.

I'd be careful everyone. My account just got hacked this week and the people bought $85 worth of microsoft points and spent them all in a day. I'd change your passwords immediately.

So is everyone going to keep making excuses for these hackers that it was because of the removal of "Other OS" that started it all?

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I wonder if the government will re-classify hacking as a terrorist act?[/QUOTE]

Given all these high profile hackings that have happened lately it won't surprise me at all if congress passes for stringent laws regarding hacking.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I wonder if the government will re-classify hacking as a terrorist act?[/QUOTE]

wasnt it just classified as a terrorist act a few weeks ago? when was it de-classified?

It has been for many years and even port scanning a server in mainland China after the Patriot Act was signed classifies as a act of cyber warfare.

As far as people getting hacked ...LMAO .. don't up date anything , allow workers to play web based games , social networking and most importantly , operating systems that have holes like swiss cheese in them well, then bad stuff will happen

To be safe, decided I'd change my password and when I tried via the web I got this:

We're unable to complete your request
Windows Live ID is experiencing technical difficulties. Please try again later.

Temporary hiccup?

Your mum was hacked. Ouch!

As a side note, I checked my info in the box (on the linked website) for the hell of it and it basically said that I was good. Damn straight. ;)

You know, it's funny... I never realized how much hackers liked getting raped in federal prison until the last couple months.

Hackers, a word: WHEN EVEN THE NERDS HATE YOU, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG! :dunce:

[quote name='KrizB']Tempted to look up my different accounts, but before you know it, they will try and hack Gizmodo to get the search queries.
:lol:[/QUOTE]

Guess I was right?

Just tried visiting Gizmodo and the website is spazing out (+Internal Server Errors).
IE9 and Opera.

edit:
Looks like it's working again.

[quote name='bburpee']You know, it's funny... I never realized how much hackers liked getting raped in federal prison until the last couple months.

Hackers, a word: WHEN EVEN THE NERDS HATE YOU, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG! :dunce:[/QUOTE]

Hackers does rhyme with fudge-packers so it all makes sense.

According to major nelson's tweets nothing happened to Xbox Live and those 62,000 active logins Gizmodo is searching for can be viewed right on LulzSec website http://lulzsecurity.com/releases/62000_random_logins.txt

The fact that no one bothered to point out is that this list of these logins was posted on Thursday and to this point Lulz has made no claims to have hacked Xbox or Sega and has offered Sega a hand at repairing their security issue via their twitter page , http://twitter.com/#!/lulzsec

bread's done
Back