Bret Hart DVD at Walmart Early

[quote name='darkcrawlspace']Why not just wait until Tuesday and get it from DeepDiscount?[/QUOTE]

I don't want to wait another week or two to get it from DDD. I've been waiting for a Bret Hart DVD set ever since WWE started making DVDs.

When I worked at walmart the stuff that was time sensitive meaning stuff not to be out until a certain date. They told us that the computer would not ring it out early they told us that it would say sale not allowed. Remember they treat employees like they are dogs and that was more then likely a lie. However their was nothing that I ever wanted to get early while I was working their so I can't confirm it so we'll leave it at one of those "" type of things.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']I don't want to wait another week or two to get it from DDD. I've been waiting for a Bret Hart DVD set ever since WWE started making DVDs.[/QUOTE]

Good point. But I was really disappointed that BB didn't come through with a cheap price.

[quote name='darkcrawlspace']Good point. But I was really disappointed that BB didn't come through with a cheap price.[/QUOTE]

They came out with a great price for the first week. $20 for an awesome 3-disc set is pretty good. Everyone else (besides DDD, of course) has it for $25 or $30.

Also, it goes back up to $25 after the first week at BB. Even then, that's still not a bad deal.

Also, don't forget that the special WWE Magazine of Bret Hart's career comes out soon, too.

[quote name='darkcrawlspace']Yeah, but I was hoping BB would have it for $16.99 like they did for the 3-Disc Undertaker set.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that would've been nice. It would have ruled if they made it $15 like the Eddie Guerrero set... :drool:

[quote name='Graystone']When I worked at walmart the stuff that was time sensitive meaning stuff not to be out until a certain date. They told us that the computer would not ring it out early they told us that it would say sale not allowed. Remember they treat employees like they are dogs and that was more then likely a lie. However their was nothing that I ever wanted to get early while I was working their so I can't confirm it so we'll leave it at one of those "" type of things.[/QUOTE]

I can confirm that Wal-Mart's sales restrictions are legit. I've seen a lot of items be put out before it's date (not electronics) and were unable to be rung up.

[quote name='Graystone']When I worked at walmart the stuff that was time sensitive meaning stuff not to be out until a certain date. They told us that the computer would not ring it out early they told us that it would say sale not allowed. Remember they treat employees like they are dogs and that was more then likely a lie. However their was nothing that I ever wanted to get early while I was working their so I can't confirm it so we'll leave it at one of those "" type of things.[/QUOTE]

That's interesting. I was able to buy the Ultimate Warrior DVD a week early at Wal-Mart last month, or whenever it came out. I also read in quite a few different places of people successfully buying it, along with Summerslam '05, which was on the shelf early and was to be released the same tuesday as the UW disc.

If I wasn't still wading my way through the WM anthology, I'd snap up the Bret DVD first thing tomorrow...but there's been so many coming out, including the Jake DVD which I haven't even gotten to the 2nd disc, that I can wait until Tue.

does anyone know if FYE is offering anything special with the Bret Hart dvd like they did with the Ultimate Warrior dvd?

[quote name='grae60']does anyone know if FYE is offering anything special with the Bret Hart dvd like they did with the Ultimate Warrior dvd?[/QUOTE]

No bonus disc, unfortunately. Just some kind of skull cap. Don't know what kind, but I'm betting it's a WWE logo skull cap.

If it was the winged skull logo that Bret had, I'd pay extra and buy the DVD at FYE.

[quote name='Squall280']its a bret hart theme skull cap[/QUOTE]

It's a Bret Hart themed cap? I'm going to buy at FYE, then. It's supposed to get really cold soon, so that cap will come in handy. :)

I got the FYE edition DVD today and it was a generic WWE scratch logo hat. Not a Bret themed one at all! Crap. It was $22.99 with a $5.00 mail-in rebate, but the rebate wants you to cut the freaking UCP off the box to send it in. Double crap. Now I'm debating if I want to do this and ruin the "collectibility" of this item seeing as I pretty much paid extra for this collector's cardboard box. Man, if I had known this, I would have ordered mine from the DDD sale for about $15.00. I knew the skullcap was fishy as Bret had never worn such a moronic thing in his life.

[quote name='fairyland']I got the FYE edition DVD today and it was a generic WWE scratch logo hat. Not a Bret themed one at all! Crap. It was $22.99 with a $5.00 mail-in rebate, but the rebate wants you to cut the freaking UCP off the box to send it in. Double crap. Now I'm debating if I want to do this and ruin the "collectibility" of this item seeing as I pretty much paid extra for this collector's cardboard box. Man, if I had known this, I would have ordered mine from the DDD sale for about $15.00. I knew the skullcap was fishy as Bret had never worn such a moronic thing in his life.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad I didn't waste the gas to go to FYE. So it was $23 before or after the rebate?

Also (and we should make a sticky about this):

You don't have to cut the UPC off the box for an FYE rebate. Just send them the sticker with the barcode off the shrinkwrap... or send the entire shrinkwrap. All you need is the store UPC... the sticker on the shrinkwrap that has a barcode and says something like "Our Price: $22.99" on a small yellow box.

bread's done
Back