Brick & Mortar Deal/Sale of the Year 2008

Hollywood's $3.99 last-gen sale was great for gamers looking to play some wonderful titles dirt-cheap.

Gamestop's 75% DVD/HD/BLU sale, also excellent. Picking up used Blus for $3 was awesome.

TRU putting Rock Band 2 on sale gets a vote as well.

1st Nod: Hot Topic's Sep'08 Xbox 360 Halo 3 Special Edition Console for $200. This B&M deal allowed me to enter the current gen/next gen gaming at low cheap prices.

2nd Nod: Target's 2008 on-going Clearances. This B&M deal allowed me to amass 10+ various AAA titles at a fraction of their original retail prices. Example: GTA IV SE at $23.

3rd Nod: GameCrazy's year-end B1G1F on $10 & $5 titles. This B&M deal gave me 7 free new games + $125 free cash [tax free!!].

I learned of these 3 great deals here at CAG! Thank you, Cheapy D, CAG Mods, and the CAG community!!

Meijer credit card. 10% off first credit card purchase. Plus the ad sale of 15% off when using a Meijer credit card. This was in April or May. PS3 out the door for 309$.

I'm going to have to nominate both TRU and BBV. TRU with their B2G1 back in September in addition to their 40% off accessories, and BBV with B1G1 on used games.

[quote name='cblakerobinson']Rock Band 2 Full Band Kit for $109.99 w/ free $25 GC at TRU...hands down![/quote]

Agreed. My local TRU ran out of RB2, but I was able to pm the deal to Sears for a $101 plus tax (employee gave me an additional 10% off). :D

Hands down, nothing beat the 3 Blockbuster B1G1 sales that happened in 2008, though the Hollywood Video $3.99 sale on last-gen stuff came close. The latter was just pretty much for flipping material, though, while the Blockbuster sales were good for flipping AND for keepers (I mean, c'mon, GTA IV, Bioshock, No More Heroes, Mass Effect, and many others for $7.50 or less after B1G1 - and all in excellent shape if you looked around a bit...).

But those Blockbuster sales meet all the criteria that should be met for this award: available just about anywhere in the country with lots of locations, plenty of stock and lots of different titles (ie, variety), and a great deal of course. Most of the other stuff I see posted here were one-shot deals that were nice but nowhere near as great overall.

[quote name='io']Hands down, nothing beat the 3 Blockbuster B1G1 sales that happened in 2008, though the Hollywood Video $3.99 sale on last-gen stuff came close. The latter was just pretty much for flipping material, though, while the Blockbuster sales were good for flipping AND for keepers (I mean, c'mon, GTA IV, Bioshock, No More Heroes, Mass Effect, and many others for $7.50 or less after B1G1 - and all in excellent shape if you looked around a bit...).

But those Blockbuster sales meet all the criteria that should be met for this award: available just about anywhere in the country with lots of locations, plenty of stock and lots of different titles (ie, variety), and a great deal of course. Most of the other stuff I see posted here were one-shot deals that were nice but nowhere near as great overall.[/quote]

QFT! Huge flipping opportunities with this sale (made around $1500+ GS credit in the week before and week after New Year) AND fantastic games to keep for $7.50, such as GTA IV, Eternal Sonata, Mass Effect, Orange Box, Bully, Okami, and Devil May Cry 4.

Second, I'd say Soul Bubbles for $10 with $10 GC. I got 20 (store had at least 3 times that, and it looked like no one bought them besides me, so don't hate) copies for a total of $66 in cash, and I got a $50 gift card on top of that.

Third, TRU Rockband 2 for $109 with GC. I don't own a current gen system, so I didn't bite on this deal, but it's pretty freaking fantastic, nonetheless.

[quote name='Rave Child']QFT! Huge flipping opportunities with this sale (made around $1500+ GS credit in the week before and week after New Year) AND fantastic games to keep for $7.50, such as GTA IV, Eternal Sonata, Mass Effect, Orange Box, Bully, Okami, and Devil May Cry 4.

Second, I'd say Soul Bubbles for $10 with $10 GC. I got 20 (store had at least 3 times that, and it looked like no one bought them besides me, so don't hate) copies for a total of $66 in cash, and I got a $50 gift card on top of that.

Third, TRU Rockband 2 for $109 with GC. I don't own a current gen system, so I didn't bite on this deal, but it's pretty freaking fantastic, nonetheless.[/QUOTE]

Oh, wow, I completely forgot DMC4, Eternal Sonata, Okami, and Orange Box from my list. Yeah, that definitely cements the B1G1 deal as the best.

As for the other two, I wish I could have gotten in on them but a freak snow storm here pretty much killed both of those (being that they were the same week). And as I said above, those were nice, but just one-shot deals. It is hard ot beat the B1G1 for variety (lots of different games) and flexibility (great to find games to keep, and great to buy other games to trade in to GS for more games).

Target $5 Toy coupon and $10 360 coupon.

There were no restrictions on minimum price for the 360 coupon so you could essentially get a $10 game for free. Of course this was YMMV and some ppl were able to combine it with the $5 toy coupon for an even greater savings.

Circuit City - Black Friday Deal for xbox360
xbox 360 aracde for $200 with free 20 gig hd and free wireless controller

Target's 1600 Microsoft point cards for $15 was probably my favorite sale of the year, but I probably saved more money with either of the Toys R Us deals.

bread's done
Back