Brick & Mortar Deal/Sale of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am nominating the February buy two games at 19.99 get one 19.99 game free sale at Circuit City.

The sale of the year part was when it allowed you to buy two games less than 19.99 and then it would ring up a full 19.99 game for free.

Best Deal all year, $200 off for buying an xbox 360 premium edition ($100 rebate, $100 in credit card rewards). Cheaper than my original xbox bundle!

[quote name='Over easy']The 3-for-extra $10 trade in deal for EB/GS. It paid for only a couple of my games (FFXII, Trauma Center:SO, and Hotel Dusk), but I'm quite sure it paid off other people's new games/consoles as well.[/quote]

I agree with this!!! It got me a 360, DS Lite, dvds and games.

Only 1 gaming deal comes to mind last year, that I took advantage of- the Toys R Us $100 gift card with purchase of 360 premium system. (forgot to add- throw in the 25% coupon if you got it from Amex which made this a killer deal, but I didn't find out about the Amex coupon until it was over.)

The microcenter deal was better (excluding the Amex coupon) but it was B&M only and there's only 4 or 5 of them around the country. Friend of mine used the giftcard on the HD-DVD player. (I don't remember but I thought TRU also had 360 games on sale that week and could've gotten GoW for under 60.) I'd heard rumors of some people using this to PM at other stores... given a preference I would've preferred to buy the console at BB instead since TRU's collection (and prices) leave much to be desired.

Cicuit City's $8.96 clearance sale. Picked up alot of great games. Also, the TRU B2G1 free deal was great.

I'm going to have to go with Circuit City's $8.96 summer clearance. Which compared to deals of years past, is pretty pathetic.

Second choice would have to be all the crazy Fry's online deals when they officially re-launched Outpost.com as Frys.com. I picked up a lot of new games cheap. Remember NHL 2K7 for what was it, $20 or something?

gamestop trade 3 games get 10 extra paid off gow with itand like the other cags that mention it was stackeable with the gameinformer

It's almost worth splitting this category into "National B&M Deals" and "Regional/Local B&M Deals", since there's plenty of both to go around.

[quote name='nasum']MicroCenter's $100 MIR on either 360 console in addition to $200 MIR on that slick 42" LCD[/quote]
agreed. i was able to get an xbox360 premium for $100 (plus tax) AR and the applying for their cc. :cool:

[quote name='mkg12']Mine would be the Circuit City Summer Sale where a lot of games were $8.97[/quote]
:D

Sears clearance. Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance 2 $11.97, Pikmin 2 $7.97, Zelda FS with link cable $2.97, Ware Ware Twisted $7.97, Trace Memory $7.97, Mario Pinball Land $4.97, Advance Wars DS $7.97, Zelda 2 NES Classic series $0.97 they even price matched and took an extra 10% off TRU $35 GBA Micro Black Friday deal after I could not find a Micro at TRU Sears rules!

[quote name='shrike4242']It's almost worth splitting this category into "National B&M Deals" and "Regional/Local B&M Deals", since there's plenty of both to go around.[/quote]I second this notion since it seems that some regional deals are clearly in a class of their own when compared to other national deals.

EB/GS 3 for $10.... with a special shout out to Powerdrome Racing, Sega GT/JSRF and X-squad. I think my local store has every copy in the city.

[quote name='unicron129']K- mart clearance for me. Nothing beats 4.00 Ape Escape 3.[/quote]

Bout time someone else mentioned this. I thought I was going crazy reading all these posts with no mention of Kmart. It's kinda like the chicken and egg discussion. Where did you trade all those games to trade in for deals or credit at EB/GS/GC/FYE? Even though I didn't take advantage of this flipping, I did use many of these games for trading on another site and to get the games I actually wanted.

My vote's for Kmart!

Gamestop's buy 2 get 1 free used that was stackable with gameinformer's 10% off coupon and my edge card. So I got 6 crappy 360 games for the price of 4 with 20% off and brought them over to FYE who at this time was running a trade 2 get 1 free deal on 360 games. I paid $80 and change for Saint's Row, NBA 2k7, and Splinter Cell: Double Agent in mid-october.

TRU After Christmas Clearance for me ^_^

though getting the Halo Triple Pack for $8.96 during the Circuit City summer clearance was pretty sweet

Best Buy's Gears of War preorder/t shirt + 1600 XBOX live points card for $10 total. The Gears of War tshirts alone ended up selling for over $20 on ebay.

$15 1600 XBLA points card, Gears of War T-shirt, 360 game case, and gears of war pre-order.

Best Buy had that, sweet sweeet way to load up on points, t-shirts, and replacement 360 game cases on the cheap.

and correcting Phil up two posts, it was 15, not ten. ten for the marketplace card and five for the pre-order)

Circuit City Summer sale for me. $8 games galore and I found lots quality titles I've been wanting for a while.

Second place is the CompUSA clearances. Different for each store but at least it's posted online. I was able to monitor price drops from the comfort of my own home and show up once the items were marked down even further. Too bad Christmas shoppers bought up almost everything at my local store.

The TRU post Christmas clearance, especially for the $9.98 titles. The amount of RPG's included was just incredible.

Good Lord it's my deal of the year too. Geez, I originally planned to "rent" it to play Gears of war and then make a profit but it was such a god damn good deal I ended up being a PS/GT traitor.

Mine is the KMART clearence, as I don't live in a state with a Rhino, live about 20-30 minutes away from a Gamecrazy, missed out(really, really, stupidly) on the TRU B2G1 free, and don't care much about trading in games. (However, trading in KMART games would have been a good idea)

Definitely the K-Mart clearance. The PSOne screens where a sweet deal, Mario Party 4/Wavebird deal, and all the other random clearanced games where great!

what about the gamecrazy markdown/sale? wasn't that this year, where digital devil saga and shin megami tensei got marked down to like 15.00? that's my vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back