Brick & Mortar Deal/Sale of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you not have Gamecrazy's classic plastic to vote on? I bought soooo many classic games for $3.33 this year.

Microcenter's 360 deal. Essentially getting $100 off a console less than a year after its release is pretty amazing.

This won't win because there are people who think the 360 sucks or whatever (poor souls), but it was the best deal.

microcenters 100 dollars off deal was huge, and I finally got the rebate money back a couple weeks ago.

[quote name='kaw']I am nominating the February buy two games at 19.99 get one 19.99 game free sale at Circuit City.

The sale of the year part was when it allowed you to buy two games less than 19.99 and then it would ring up a full 19.99 game for free.[/quote]
Yeah, the CC glitch sale from last February was amazing. Buy 2 crappy games for, say $2 or $3 each, and get free games like LEGO Star Wars, Mario Golf, Animal Crossing, Sly 2 Band of Thieves, Sly Cooper & The Thievius Racoonus, Burnout 3, Luigi's Mansion, Flipnic, Jak 3, and a bunch more. I (and many other CAGs) absolutely cleaned up.

But here's the beauty part. Thanks to the EB/GS trade 3 get $10 promo, I traded in all those crappy $2 or $3 games I didn't want, and paid for a new DS Lite and a Wii.

And that is why I love CAG so very very much. :grouphug::bouncy::bow::applause::D

Without a doubt the Circuit City clearance. finding out about the sale on here even though I work there was pure luck and snagging soooo many NDS games from that just after I got a DS Lite. Another which would probably be my fvorite would be the FYE trade 4 get one free / trade 2 xbox360 get one free for thoes 3 months or so during the fall I made out like a bandit on that one. Here's hoping they do that again soon.

bill123

Sam Goodie/fye had a crazy trade any two xbox 360 games get a xbox 360 new
game free...I now have 22 xbox 360 games. That by far was the best deal. Part of this sale was also the trade 4 PS2 games get any new PS2 game free.

How about 4 copies of Madden 2001 at $.99 each for Bully! That was a great
sale hope they are dumb enough to do it again!

CC's sale gets my vote.

My nearest Game Crazy and Gamestop don't even sell old games anymore, so I never got to take advantage of the 3 for 10 deals.

CC gets my vote. I included my praise of it in the CC online clearance sale. I thought they were the same sale. Maybe I'm confused. But they were great! Doubled my Xbox collection, lost sleep, etc. (I went on and on about it in the other thread.)

I voted for EB/GS just because I was able to get rid a bunch of old games for a good amount, which in turn got me a brand new DS lite along with some other games.

I don't think this year was as spectacular as the 2004 $5 CC sale or last year's KB clearance (at least for me).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back