Bricktendo- Video Game Lego Sculptures - FREE Wall Mounting!

In terms of selling them, is there any type of copyright thing going on? I'm not trying to thread crap, just the opposite actually. I think it would be great if the OP could sell these (maybe have a deal with eStarland, since they seem to carry a lot of misc. videogame toys).

My brother does awesome origami "statues" and I think he'd love to be able to sell some of those if he's able to.

[quote name='boatofcar']To all those who want wall mountable sculptures, I am going to head over to Home Depot and Lowes this weekend to see if I can come up with a solution.[/quote]

I know a pretty simple way to make them wall mountable. PM me and I can explain it, pretty straight forward to do. Nice work though, I had the same idea long ago, just lack of bricks and laziness didn't help :p

Weird that I found this through Kotaku, but then I guess I'm not browsing this forum much.

I will almost definitely have to buy something from you, just need to choose first. Black Mage is very :drool:-worthy.

Very awesome... you make me want to go out and buy a bucket of legos and give something a shot...

For wall mounting, perhaps you could put some fishing line between two of the legos and sticking out the back. It is kind of crude, but it would be cheap and the line is thin enough it shouldn't disturb anything.

[quote name='boatofcar']The wall mounting problem has been solved. Check back on Monday for the full announcement plus pricing on models![/quote]

Putting any of my ideas into use, or you figured out something else? Hope it works out either way ;)

You make these mountable and you got yourself a costumer for life! These are damn sexy! How much for the link? PM me a price.

[quote name='Dark Zero']Putting any of my ideas into use, or you figured out something else? Hope it works out either way ;)[/QUOTE]

You'll see ;) It's kind of a combination of some of your ideas and just doing some research on other things that are wall mountable.

[quote name='boatofcar']You'll see ;) It's kind of a combination of some of your ideas and just doing some research on other things that are wall mountable.[/quote]

Ah, making me curious on the outcome now. Good luck with it!

New sculpture concepts!

mariobox5qa.jpg
superdodgeball1cx.jpg
belmont3ar.jpg
mrsat1yk.jpg

(both the Mario and Super Dodge Ball one are available in two pieces or framed together)

[quote name='gregthomas77']I was wondering if you would consider doing other things than game related stuff? sports logos perhaps?[/QUOTE]

I haven't thought about it, but send me an email with what you have in mind!

[quote name='boatofcar']I haven't thought about it, but send me an email with what you have in mind![/QUOTE]

actually, what about a redskins (or bo jackson even) player from TECMO Bowl.

Ok Not to burst a bubble here. I do like these very much. I just find it funny charging 30 shipped for the FF ones when you put these on ebay and they only went for 15 shipped :(

[quote name='pimpinc333']Ok Not to burst a bubble here. I do like these very much. I just find it funny charging 30 shipped for the FF ones when you put these on ebay and they only went for 15 shipped :([/QUOTE]

...which is why ebay is not the best venue to sell art.

[quote name='boatofcar']...which is why ebay is not the best venue to sell art.[/QUOTE]

I dunno bro. People pay thousands of dollars for food that looks like biblical characters/figures. I'd expect Ebayers to pay more for Lovable 8-Bit Lego Characters ;)

I did one of these a few days ago before I saw this topic. I do mine differently than yours, though.. I superglue them to the side, so I don't really use them like legos.

picture_00339e.jpg

picture_0029f8.jpg

[quote name='k8s']I did one of these a few days ago before I saw this topic. I do mine differently than yours, though.. I superglue them to the side, so I don't really use them like legos.

picture_00339e.jpg

picture_0029f8.jpg
[/QUOTE]

That's awesome, I may have to try that out at some point...

lego_mario.jpg

John does great work.. i was very pleased with my first purchase (listed above) ... fast email responses and very kind... i'm looking into purchasing more sculptures from him

;)

bread's done
Back