Bridesmaids blu ray 14.99 after coupon at bb

The coupon is good until 11/15/11, so it might be worth using if it drops cheaper than $19.99 somewhere in the next couple of months. Limit of two prints per PC / IP.

Also, Best Buy won't scan this at the register, they have to hit F6 or F7 on the register and enter the value in for the coupon.

In MO, it comes off as a post-tax amount, not pre-tax, like it would at Target and Walmart, where it scans at the register.

[quote name='shrike4242']The coupon is good until 11/15/11, so it might be worth using if it drops cheaper than $19.99 somewhere in the next couple of months. Limit of two prints per PC / IP.

Also, Best Buy won't scan this at the register, they have to hit F6 or F7 on the register and enter the value in for the coupon.

In MO, it comes off as a post-tax amount, not pre-tax, like it would at Target and Walmart, where it scans at the register.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the extra info pre tax is better right?

[quote name='bredbu']Thanks for the extra info pre tax is better right?[/QUOTE]Pre-tax is always better, though you're only talking about $0.50 at the most with a 10% tax rate.

The only way you'll pull off pre-tax use of the coupon is to PM at Target or Walmart to the $19.99 BB price. WM may already do that with their promise to have the lowest price, so that might be an easier path. Normally, Target is OK with PM + coupon use, if it's a manufacturer coupon.

This movie was a gigantic piece of trash. My wife fell asleep 3 times during this. We ended up leaving and getting our money back. Far from enjoyable as expected.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']This movie was a gigantic piece of trash. My wife fell asleep 3 times during this. We ended up leaving and getting our money back. Far from enjoyable as expected.[/QUOTE]These days, how do you get your money back for a movie that you went to see? :whistle2:s

Thanks OP been wanting to see this and if it drops cheap enough then hey got a coupon for it!

I agree how the hell do you get your money back from a movie you sat thru and hated every minute of it?

It's not the theaters fault for showing it...nor making it. Now if the movie kept on cutting off (hardware malfunction) , then yea get a pass to see something else. I hate people who pull that shit all the time and theater managers just give them a free pass to something else....geez.

I think the pre-tax/post-tax might be state by state because in CA the last few times I've used a coupon at Target it LOOKS like it's coming off pre-tax but when you check the tax amount it's the same as if there was no coupon.

Given I had to pay sales tax on the full MSRP of my last cell phone (not the after contract price, so it was like $50+ in tax) I have a feeling CA's locked down coupon/discounts from counting against tax pretty well. ;) (Except for online)

The pre-tax/post-tax situation is likely by state, though for me in MO, it's pre-tax for Target and Walmart and post-tax for Best Buy.

The only differences in the cases of those three retailers for me is that the coupon's UPC scans at the register at Target and Walmart and has to be manually entered by a cashier at Best Buy with the F6 or F7 key. BB's own coupons scan without issue at the register, just not manufacturer coupons.

Damn, I want this blu ray after reading the reviews. Apparently the unrated version has like 5 additional minutes of vulgar footage and the blu-ray bonus disc has like 2 hours of extra deleted/alternate scenes.

I dug it, but it'll be dirt cheap come Black Friday. Already got screwed with Get Him to the Greek dropping fast. No thanks. Look at X-Men. already dropped.

When I worked at the movie theater while this came out I heard countless good things about this one. Still holding for a BF deal also.

My wife saw it 3 times so it is a must buy for us since she loved it so much. Lucky for me we have Randall's grocery store here. I got it on Blu for 19.99 then I used 5 off coupon. They then threw in some Oreos, a can of peanuts, and a tin of Maxwell house international coffee drink. All came out to 16.xx out the door.

[quote name='shrike4242']These days, how do you get your money back for a movie that you went to see? :whistle2:s[/QUOTE]
LOL, it happened when I went with a friend to see 'Hanna' (back when it first came out). You can get refunded for a movie if you didn't like it as long as you walk out at a certain time and not sit through the whole movie, or you can pick another movie to see instead.

I tried this at Best Buy today and got shut down. The cashier was a rude jerk and said I can't use it on movies that are on sale. I asked to speak with his manager and he would not let me. I see why BB is losing money their customer service is terrible. I took my business elsewhere.

[quote name='buster90']I tried this at Best Buy today and got shut down. The cashier was a rude jerk and said I can't use it on movies that are on sale. I asked to speak with his manager and he would not let me. I see why BB is losing money their customer service is terrible. I took my business elsewhere.[/QUOTE]To quote Dumb and Dumber, "Go kick his ass, Seabass!".

It's a manufacturer's coupon, Best Buy doesn't lose anything on the sale as they get reimbursed for the coupon by the manufacturer.

I could see them denying you for the coupon if it was a Best Buy coupon, though there's nothing lost to Best Buy on this one.

All the cashier has to do is to put in F6 or F7 on the register in the checkout process, where it'll prompt for the value of the coupon, which they enter in, and it's deducted post-tax from the purchase. So simple, even a monkey can do it. :whistle2:s

That's one I'd call Best Buy's Customer Relations about and make a rather nasty stink about it, since it directly denied them a sale for no reason than a tree stuck up someone's backside. 888-237-8289 (Consumer Relations) or 612-291-1000 (BB Corp Office), I think, from the last time I used them.

Go price match it at Walmart or Target, and the coupon will scan automatically at the register without any issue. Saves the money and it'll keep Best Buy from the sale.

Went grocery shopping today at my local safeway store, noticed that Bridesmaids blu ray, dvd and digital copy priced at $19.99 and dvd for 14.99. Use that $5 coupon and you and get it for 14.99 or 9.99.

[quote name='trunks982']the movie is ok. its a rental but dont know why it got great reviews.[/QUOTE]

LOL, yeah, I should have noticed with a running time of 2hrs, 11mins, that something could go wrong. Typical film where all the funny parts are in the previews, and a lot of long drawn out scenes. I generally love Kristin Wig, she is hilarious, but in this film it seemed like the same thing over and over again from her. I haven't finished it yet, about 45 mins left to go, we'll see..

I would have rented it too, but didn't want to wait and at $15 with a 45-day option for it to go lower, seemed OK to me.

[quote name='buster90']I tried this at Best Buy today and got shut down. The cashier was a rude jerk and said I can't use it on movies that are on sale. I asked to speak with his manager and he would not let me. I see why BB is losing money their customer service is terrible. I took my business elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Sorry about your troubles. Best Buy does have terrible, terrible customer service at times. My cashier thought I couldn't use a reward zone certificate with it, but we called a manager and resolved the matter.

Typically, you can get your money back for any movie if you ask. I wouldn't, but that's just me.

This movie was far from a piece of trash. It was the funniest movie I'd seen in awhile. How you fall asleep to something like this, let alone three times, is beyond me.

It worked at my Best Buy. I also bought Minority Report which was $9.99, but I asked beforehand if they accepted the coupon, she said they did, rang it up, did something on the computer and boom, $5 off. They SHOULD work at Best Buy as long as you ask nicely and don't come to them all entitled and stuff.

[quote name='Rafael122']It worked at my Best Buy. I also bought Minority Report which was $9.99, but I asked beforehand if they accepted the coupon, she said they did, rang it up, did something on the computer and boom, $5 off. They SHOULD work at Best Buy as long as you ask nicely and don't come to them all entitled and stuff.[/QUOTE]

They should work at Best Buy regardless what your attitude on the coupon is.

bread's done
Back