Brightspot.tv is DEAD - no more gamefly discounts!

BigChris914

CAG Veteran
I just received this email:
Dear BrightSpot Member,
BrightSpot Media would like to thank all of our valued members for participating on BrightSpot.TV and taking advantage of the partnerships that we had established. We regret to inform you that as of Monday November 19th, 2007 the BrightSpot.TV site will no longer be available.
Over the past 14 months many of you have provided terrific feedback – what has worked well and what has not worked as well – all of which we will utilize as we develop the next iteration of BrightSpot.TV.
Again, thank you all for your support, if you have any further questions please contact BrightSpot Support at [email protected]
Thank you.
The BrightSpot Media team.

I find this very unfortunate but not surprising. Last month my discount was about 25 cents. I will miss the good old days of $10 off however.

Looks like I'm canceling my GameFly subscription.

Having Mass Effect and Rock Band, I won't need to rent games for a long time.

Yup, I got the same email. Looks like I'm going back to Gameznflix. $15 a month is just too much to pay for 1 game at a time. I guess I'll just have to live without new releases unless I feel like buying them. It would be nice if Gamefly had some true competition though...to help drive down the prices.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yup, I got the same email. Looks like I'm going back to Gameznflix. \.[/quote]

thats the worst thing you can do.. dont do it

Yeah, it really sucks. Getting Gamefly for around $6.00 a month was nice, unfortunately I was only able to get in on it for two months.

If you try to cancel, they give you a deal for one month at $10.00 so I went ahead and did that but after that I'm canceling.

Inform us if you find a similar site.

Meh, Gamefly still ends up being a bargain if you enjoy playing new releases along with the community. Plus, CheatCC pays for my account, but even without that I'd stll keep it.

[quote name='contej85']Meh, Gamefly still ends up being a bargain if you enjoy playing new releases along with the community. Plus, CheatCC pays for my account, but even without that I'd stll keep it.[/QUOTE]

what's CheatCC?

i'm thinking about canceling my account now too. one of my brightspot accounts had $50+ saved up!

[quote name='RonnieWrecked']what's CheatCC?

i'm thinking about canceling my account now too. one of my brightspot accounts had $50+ saved up![/quote]

I'm a game reviewer for the site. One of the perks aside from the obvious cash is that my gamefly is comped.

bread's done
Back