Bring Back Toonami! - 20% Extra Cash on All Trade-ins (CFG)

CashForGamers

CAGiversary!
http://www.CashForGamers.com

20% Extra Cash on All Trade-ins!

Toonami was aired on Adult Swim as a shocking surprise to all viewers and we absolutely loved it! For all you Toonami fans out there, we're giving you an extra 20% cash on all trade-ins! Just use the coupon code TOONAMI on the shopping cart or checkout page. Toonami Forever ♥

*Offer valid 4/1/12 - 4/8/12. Does not stack with any other offer. We reserve the right to modify, cancel, and/or suspend the offer for any reason we deem

Do you want Toonami to come back permanently? Tweet your voice here

Adult Swim has updated their Twitter page with this comment: "We've heard you. Thank you for your passion and interest - stay tuned." =)

Have links to any large threads, facebook posts, etc. in regards to Toonami coming back? Send them to Adult Swim here (make sure to put "shows" as the subject line).

Like the Facebook page here

Sign the petition here

Don't know what we're talking about? Watch the video below video

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome deal, and long live Toonami! I was in shock when I saw it was back, and even more shock at the idea that they may entertain the notion of bringing it back for real. It has been getting INSANE attention on twitter. Everyone, make sure to voice your support and let them know through twitter and CN feedback forms! Even Steve Blum is backing this one big time.

Lol, nice trade in deal

Hope toonami does come back though. Was about to turn before Bleach came on, then i heard TOM's glorious voice and started tearing up. Ended up watching until i fell asleep halfway through Gigantor (And dear lord, Astro Boy is pretty depressing

When I was a kid, it was just an awesome feeling when all the mysterious tracks started playing and Toonami started. I'd always watch Dragon Ball Z & Gundam Wing. Ah, the good ol' days.

CN has started sucking for a long time, don't think I watched after I was 15. Not because I got older or anything, I think it mainly was because they had scrapped and removed so many memorable programs that It just wasn't the 'old' CN anymore.

Either way hope Toonami makes a comeback cause those were the days *sheds manly tear* :'(

I miss Toonami too!
I remember Thundercats, Voltron, Robotech, Johnny Quest, Reboot, Ronin Warriors, G-Force, Gundam Wing.

It basically built up the base to have Adult Swim. Adult Swim should have a Toonami block or maybe put Toonami on Boomerang at night.

We're crossing our fingers and are being very proactive with AS to bring this back! With the immense success of 90's Nick on Teen Nick, we don't see any reason for them not to.

Adult Swim wants fans to contact them with links to any large threads, facebook posts, etc. in regards to Toonami coming back. You can contact them here (make sure to put "shows" as the subject line). If this thread becomes large enough, we would love to show them the CAG support!

skateraXVIII- We love DBZ, and we feel that the horrible dialogue along with Gohan's incredibly annoying voice in Kai ruined our favorite episode (the final kamehameha battle between Teen Gohan and Perfect Cell).

Our only fear is that AS will bring back Toonami with a very poor lineup of shows (no offense to anyone, but we're not huge fans of Adult Swims current anime line up). What shows do you guys and girls want to see if Toonami makes a return?

[quote name='CashForGamers']
Our only fear is that AS will bring back Toonami with a very poor lineup of shows (no offense to anyone, but we're not huge fans of Adult Swims current anime line up). What shows do you guys and girls want to see if Toonami makes a return?[/QUOTE]

Old school stuff. That was the original content. Mix it up and have the fans vote on shows.

I definitely want old school stuff, but I also don't want it to stagnate and die. I think a good 40:60 ratio of old:new programming would work VERY well. Of course this is all talk since none of us really know, I mean hell supposedly even Blum doesn't know for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if CN made their decision quite a bit ago and are using this as advertisement hype.

Our ideal lineup:

12:00 - Bleach
12:30 - Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
1:00 - Durarara
1:30 - Samurai Champloo
2:00 - Outlaw Star
2:30 - DBZ
3:00 - Tenchi Muyo!
3:30 - Gundam Wing
4:00 - Cowboy Bebop
4:30 - Ghost in the Shell
5:00 - Yu Yu Hakusho
5:30 - Inuyasha

Reality Lineup:

1:30 - Tenchi Muyo!
^^Repeat until 5:00^^

years ago when anime on adult swim got banished to oblivious and rare playings on saturday i swore off that vile channel after viewing it reiigiously everynight it seemed but especially on saturday nights.

i have no intention of returning to that channel unless they truely right that wrong and that means nightly anime and not every night banished to 2 am or later.

and also good anime....not more pointless reruns....yes i love inuyasha too but new anime is needed as well. so i have no desire to watch that show to watch inuyasha or dbz aired for the 4 millionth time.

if the anime isnt treated with some equal respect instead of how the 3 step sisters treated cinderella they can count me out and the boycott continues

bottom line AS obviously doesnt give two shits about anime and i doubt they care about this toonami revival in the least.

[quote name='CashForGamers']Our ideal lineup:

1:30 - Samurai Champloo
2:30 - DBZ
3:00 - Tenchi Muyo!
3:30 - Gundam Wing
4:00 - Cowboy Bebop
4:30 - Ghost in the Shell

Reality Lineup:

1:30 - Tenchi Muyo!
^^Repeat until 5:00^^
5:30 - Inuyasha[/QUOTE]

Substitute Durarara or Samurai Champloo for Reboot, and it's perfect. ;)

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Substitute Durarara or Samurai Champloo for Reboot, and it's perfect. ;)[/QUOTE]

...get out of this thread right now.

Reboot and Megas XLR were both great shows, but they probably have a better chance or returning to Boomerang rather than AS.

Adult Swim has updated their Twitter page with this comment: "We've heard you. Thank you for your passion and interest - stay tuned." =)

[quote name='CashForGamers']Reboot and Megas XLR were both great shows, but they probably have a better chance or returning to Boomerang rather than AS.[/QUOTE]
I certainly hope not, especially since I don't have Boomerang on my cable lineup.:cry: I still can't believe they made two seasons of Megas but it seemed like they only showed the same half dozen or so episodes constantly till it got cancelled.

Much like another series I'd love to see return in either new episodes or reruns(Freakazoid), I sincerely doubt they'll ever put Megas on DVD/Blu-Ray.

One series I'd really like to see them do a couple night marathon of(and not just the same freakin' episodes they keep showing over n over either) is Big O. I try to watch it every Saturday night during the anime block, but again it seems like they show the same 5-10 episodes and never show the full run.:whistle2:#

EDIT: According to Amazon they FINALLY released Freakazoid on DVD. It's about damn time.:bomb:

[quote name='kitsunisan']...get out of this thread right now.[/QUOTE]

You need to realize the point of Toonami wasn't just an anime explosion. Stuff like The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest and other shows like Reboot were a successful part of the experience. So, no. Deal with it. :p

[quote name='CashForGamers']Reboot and Megas XLR were both great shows, but they probably have a better chance or returning to Boomerang rather than AS.[/QUOTE]

Reboot was amazing. Wish they didn't end the show on such a cliffhanger. Although when ABC gutted their Saturday Morning programming, there wasn't much hope for Reboot. One of my favorite Tony Jay roles.

Anyone remember Bump in the Night? another great CG animated show, way before the time of them being regular.

Yes, Freakazoid was hilarious too, glad they finally have an official DVD set for it. :D

[quote name='aaronrodgers'] Although when ABC gutted their Saturday Morning programming, there wasn't much hope for Reboot. One of my favorite Tony Jay roles.[/QUOTE]
I don't know what the hell kids watch nowadays on a Saturday morning. When I was a kid, all of the major over-the-air networks had at LEAST 4-5 hours of cartoons starting at 5-6am.

Now if you flip to ABC/CBS/NBC and even Fox on a Saturday morning their weekday morning talk show has a weekend version on or it's infomercials.:whistle2:s

I think the only network showing cartoons at all on a Saturday morning nowadays is The CW.

Scary to think how times have changed. Then again, most of the stuff on The CW is Yugi-Oh or some of that other weird stuff all the kids seem to be into nowadays. I'm shocked some of those shows are still going to be honest. To think when Pokemon started(almost 20 years ago:shock:) I figured it'd be a fad like Cabbage Patch Kids and be done within 5 years. Boy, was I wrong.:whistle2:#

With the exception of DVR theater, we don't think it's very likely that AS will play any Anime that has a pre-teen target audience. The thing to remember is that this isn't going to be CN Toonami, it's going to be AS Toonami and they have to appeal to their audience. So shows with 4Kids edits (Naruto, One Piece, Yu-Gi-Oh!, etc.) probably won't be on the hopefully upcoming Toonami block. The rule of thumb is, if you can picture it being on Disney XD, it probably won't be on the AS Toonami line up =).

NoelVermillion - We have sent you a pm about your trade list!

[quote name='aaronrodgers']Reboot was amazing. Wish they didn't end the show on such a cliffhanger. [/QUOTE]

What cliffhanger? I thought the ending seemed pretty complete and brought everything around nicely.

[quote name='CashForGamers']Unfortunately, there was a cliffhanger to the Reboot series that is still unresolved. You can find more information here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReBoot[/QUOTE]

I'm still not seeing it? I've seen the series from start to end, and with the way it ended there really wasn't much of a cliffhanger. It ended on quite a positive, lighthearted note. The wiki link mentions a season cliffhanger, but all that got resolved with the second half of the show.

[quote name='SW4J']I'm still not seeing it? I've seen the series from start to end, and with the way it ended there really wasn't much of a cliffhanger. It ended on quite a positive, lighthearted note. The wiki link mentions a season cliffhanger, but all that got resolved with the second half of the show.[/QUOTE]

I believe you're thinking Season 3 with the song ending. Did you ever see Season 4? (which was split into the two movies)

This is the ending recall. some NSFW language at the very end. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aWzIFOOSWA

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']The only series I want them to bring back is Megas XLR. That shit was hilarious.[/QUOTE]

Hell yeah, that would be fantastic. I bought that whole show on Zune when they put it one there. Expensive, but totally worth it.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']I believe you're thinking Season 3 with the song ending. Did you ever see Season 4? (which was split into the two movies)

This is the ending recall. some NSFW language at the very end. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aWzIFOOSWA[/QUOTE]

You're absolutely right, I hadn't seen "Season 4", I don't believe that was aired, was it? Either way that's extremely disappointing, going from a nicely wrapped-up ending to...that. Reminds me of how they wanted to end Dragonball so many times but the execs kept dragging it out until it became crap.

[quote name='SW4J']You're absolutely right, I hadn't seen "Season 4", I don't believe that was aired, was it? Either way that's extremely disappointing, going from a nicely wrapped-up ending to...that. Reminds me of how they wanted to end Dragonball so many times but the execs kept dragging it out until it became crap.[/QUOTE]

It was aired. I remember watching it, except I don't recall the very last bit.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I certainly hope not, especially since I don't have Boomerang on my cable lineup.:cry: I still can't believe they made two seasons of Megas but it seemed like they only showed the same half dozen or so episodes constantly till it got cancelled.

Much like another series I'd love to see return in either new episodes or reruns(Freakazoid), I sincerely doubt they'll ever put Megas on DVD/Blu-Ray.

One series I'd really like to see them do a couple night marathon of(and not just the same freakin' episodes they keep showing over n over either) is Big O. I try to watch it every Saturday night during the anime block, but again it seems like they show the same 5-10 episodes and never show the full run.:whistle2:#

EDIT: According to Amazon they FINALLY released Freakazoid on DVD. It's about damn time.:bomb:[/QUOTE]
the problem with big O is how slow the show is and unless you pay careful attention some episodes really do look the same. i think i finally watched most of it one time when it was on nightly i devoted myself to that. it was interesting and towards the end(well im not sure if i saw the last episode or not i cant remeber) it certainly picks up the pace. the problem is how slow and methodical that show is its a hard one to watch. i know i used to think the same thing these are the same 5 episodes ive seen already lol

thinking about it i really should rewatch that show.

[quote name='CashForGamers']Adult Swim has updated their Twitter page with this comment: "We've heard you. Thank you for your passion and interest - stay tuned." =)[/QUOTE]

going to guess they dont do anything about this. anime will remain banished to saturday. honestly though if they brought anime back to weekdays i wouldnt be able to watch now lol. being in college with many roommates if it isnt jershey shore or family guy or sports its not on TV. i'd never get to watch it unless they put these shows on their website.

[quote name='CashForGamers']With the exception of DVR theater, we don't think it's very likely that AS will play any Anime that has a pre-teen target audience. The thing to remember is that this isn't going to be CN Toonami, it's going to be AS Toonami and they have to appeal to their audience. So shows with 4Kids edits (Naruto, One Piece, Yu-Gi-Oh!, etc.) probably won't be on the hopefully upcoming Toonami block. The rule of thumb is, if you can picture it being on Disney XD, it probably won't be on the AS Toonami line up =).

NoelVermillion - We have sent you a pm about your trade list![/QUOTE]

this isnt really true though. the problem with AS anime is they never advertised the damn stuff ever. it would get one advertisement in the middle of the 50 family guy advertisements. furthermore it gets buried to the 2AM slot(when it used to be on nightly) so naturally the ratings ya know reflect this.

if there anime was advertised and not always banished to later half of the show it could do better ratings. which is something i never understood why AS always failed to advertise this but couldnt shut up over tom goes to the mayor and the other endless array of garbage AS creates. i know their anime could get ratings cause inuyasha one of the few animes that got regularly advertised could always pull fairly good ratings.

this is all ironic as anime is the thing that got AS onto the map to the begin with lol. though i do agree 4kids versions of anime wouldnt survive.

im honestly shocked AS even airs anime on saturdays still. hell im shocked AS still exists with the amount of garbage it produces. about the only quality in house show i think they make is robot chicken. yes i know people love aqua team hunger force and i count it as a success but i dont like the show. or maybe people really are crazy and do love delocated and tom goes to the mayor and 12 oz mouse quality shows.

the story of AS and anime depresses me as AS has tendency to pick up very good anime.

I submitted a trade-in and forget to enter the code. Is there a way to add the code or do I have to resubmit the trade-in? I emailed CFG a couple days ago. still no reply.

Uso - We have sent you a pm!

n8nmonster - You will be notified via email as soon as we receive your package. Thank you for using Cash For Gamers and unlocking the power to sell! =)

kayne2000 - You're absolutely right, they hardly advertise any anime shows they air. If they want to bring back Toonami, it may be a hefty investment for them to make (cost of ads, voice actors and design for bumps before shows, etc.). Therefore, it's important for us to speak up and let them know that their investment will not be in vain!

[quote name='kayne2000']the problem with big O is how slow the show is and unless you pay careful attention some episodes really do look the same. i think i finally watched most of it one time when it was on nightly i devoted myself to that. it was interesting and towards the end(well im not sure if i saw the last episode or not i cant remeber) it certainly picks up the pace. the problem is how slow and methodical that show is its a hard one to watch. i know i used to think the same thing these are the same 5 episodes ive seen already lol

thinking about it i really should rewatch that show.[/QUOTE]
That's why I like Big O though. They take their time and tell the story and when it calls for it they have an action sequence/fight.

But towards the end of the one nearly uninterrupted run of it that I watched the story just got really, really over the top weird and kinda lost me for a bit there.

But I do recall seeing what was supposed to be the end of the show's run and if that was it then I was underwhelmed.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']That's why I like Big O though. They take their time and tell the story and when it calls for it they have an action sequence/fight.

But towards the end of the one nearly uninterrupted run of it that I watched the story just got really, really over the top weird and kinda lost me for a bit there.

But I do recall seeing what was supposed to be the end of the show's run and if that was it then I was underwhelmed.[/QUOTE]

dont get me wrong im not saying that is neccessarly a bad thing. i do like shows with slow build ups....heck my favorite show of all time is evangelion and that is a slow methodical build up. the point is shows like that can be tough to watch and really rely on a good finish.

honestly i dont remeber the ending too much of Big O other than it suddenly got weird. i'd really have to watch it again i only watched it one time

plus Big 0 the entire time i am clearly thinking batman + gundamn = Big O. for better or for worse.

[quote name='CashForGamers']Uso - We have sent you a pm!

n8nmonster - You will be notified via email as soon as we receive your package. Thank you for using Cash For Gamers and unlocking the power to sell! =)

kayne2000 - You're absolutely right, they hardly advertise any anime shows they air. If they want to bring back Toonami, it may be a hefty investment for them to make (cost of ads, voice actors and design for bumps before shows, etc.). Therefore, it's important for us to speak up and let them know that their investment will not be in vain![/QUOTE]

thing is AS has to know they had anime fans and still do that would come crawling back if these fans got treated with respect. ultimately its this total lack of respect that for the first time in history i boycotted a TV show(well AS is a show its not quite its own network) and im a guy that under no circumstances did i miss my saturday night anime.

[quote name='ZombieToast']I really can't get on board unless they bring back cToons as well.[/QUOTE]

well said. i'd expect nothing less from a man with al bundy for his avatar

testczonebb2.png

[quote name='janesvilleninja']so how does this sale help bring back toonami ?[/QUOTE]

If we want Toonami to return, everyone has to speak up. We feel that if we simply posted "Bring Back Toonami", there may not be a significant reaction. With this sale, we're hoping to inform and encourage our customer base to visit the links in our OP. Adult Swim wants to see the fan base numbers, so every Facebook like, petition signature, and comment/post counts!

[quote name='finsfan0210']I can't find Unit 13 under the Vita section.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes some games may be missing from our catalog. We have gone ahead and updated our catalog with Unit 13 (PS Vita). If there are any other items missing, feel free to message us and we would be more than happy to add them for you. =)

bread's done
Back