Brink (360) $5, Operation Flashpoint: Red River (PS3) $10 w/fs & more at Newegg

Bosamba

CAGiversary!
Last edited by a moderator:
Good looking out!

I heard bad things about brink but for that price is a STEAL!

I also picked up "Resident Evil 5 GOLD EDITION" for $15.97 :D

[quote name='BigFishCarl']Thanks! Picked up Final Fantasy XIII-2 for PS3.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='monster109']Good looking out!

I heard bad things about brink but for that price is a STEAL!

I also picked up "Resident Evil 5 GOLD EDITION" for $15.97 :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks. These are the only titles they listed for this promotion. I believe $15.99 for Resident Evil 5 may be Newegg's regular price.
I think :360: Final Fantasy XIII-2 should be $9.99 also but hasn't been changed yet. I've been wrong before and Newegg has screwed up, but hopefully not this time.

Did everyone miss all the other chances to get brink for $5 or free? Im pretty sure its been sub $5 lime 5 times. I actually didnt hate the game, but its definitely more frustrating playing games filled with bot instead of humans. Its funny though, most of the comments when this game is brought up usually say theyd have to be paid to play it

CAGs, I know you. What you are saying to yourselves is - "hey, Brink can't be THAT bad. It is only 5 dollars!"

Unfortunately it *CAN* be that bad. Don't do it. We all have backlogs from Kansas City to Taipei. Don't add Brink to the pile.

why do all your links pass through an ad site first...

Also, Brink is not worth taking up shelf space even if you get it for free.

[quote name='FrankCastleAZ']In for 4 copies of Brink for tournament prizes.
Thanks OP[/QUOTE]

Im telling SRK about this evil deed

I actually like Brink. Its not that bad. I enjoyed it. $5 is a steal for that game. Im being serious.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='H3m1 R4m']I actually like Brink. Its not that bad. I enjoyed it. $5 is a steal for that game. Im being serious and Im not sick. Lol.[/QUOTE]

Do you also enjoy your dentist appointments?

[quote name='FrankCastleAZ']In for 4 copies of Brink for tournament prizes.
Thanks OP[/QUOTE]

Man I would be so pissed if I "won" Brink at a tournament. Unless of course you are talking about using them as joke prizes which could be kind of funny.

[quote name='Woocls']why do all your links pass through an ad site first...

Also, Brink is not worth taking up shelf space even if you get it for free.[/QUOTE]
The ad sites are actually automatically applied by CAG and help support the site. This is also why personal affiliate links are a no no.

Brink isn't worth a dime. So much promise destroyed by the most disgustingly horrible bots you've ever seen. Every level is just an arena battle with both teammates and enemies getting stuck on corners, firing into walls, and generally showing you how not to design a game.

[quote name='affa']Brink isn't worth a dime. So much promise destroyed by the most disgustingly horrible bots you've ever seen. Every level is just an arena battle with both teammates and enemies getting stuck on corners, firing into walls, and generally showing you how not to design a game.[/QUOTE]

Also, there's no chicks.

[quote name='PlowK1NG']Do you also enjoy your dentist appointments?[/QUOTE]

What does that have to do with anything? When I bought Brink some guy just looked at me and said you'll regret you bought that and thought I was sick. Lol. (That's where that comment came from. I actually had to tell the guy I'm being serious and was not sick.) I actually enjoyed Brink. I mean its not the greatest game ever made but for $5 its a good game. I know it got a bad rating when it was first released and the price dropped within a few weeks but $5 is $5. Plus its an easy 1000GS for the Achievement Hunters on here.

[quote name='Lucian']The ad sites are actually automatically applied by CAG and help support the site. This is also why personal affiliate links are a no no.[/QUOTE]
I see... I'm more ok with CAG.com getting money than paying random forum member's bills.

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']What does that have to do with anything? When I bought Brink some guy just looked at me and said you'll regret you bought that and thought I was sick. Lol. (That's where that comment came from.) I actually enjoyed Brink. I mean its not the greatest game ever made but for $5 its a good game. I know it got a bad rating when it was first released and the price dropped within a few weeks but $5 is $5. Plus its an easy 1000GS for the Achievement Hunters on here.[/QUOTE]

It's an online only game if you don't want to watch bots shoot up walls and get stuck on the geometry. There's zero story (unless you count blocks of text before an unrelated mission). The missions are all exactly the same. It makes me sad that I was ever excited about this game...

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']What does that have to do with anything? When I bought Brink some guy just looked at me and said you'll regret you bought that and thought I was sick. Lol. (That's where that comment came from. I actually had to tell the guy I'm being serious and was not sick.) I actually enjoyed Brink. I mean its not the greatest game ever made but for $5 its a good game. I know it got a bad rating when it was first released and the price dropped within a few weeks but $5 is $5. Plus its an easy 1000GS for the Achievement Hunters on here.[/QUOTE]
$5 won't even get you a foot long at Subway anymore...

Can anyone talk me into or out of Operation Flashpoint? I liked the old Ghost Recon titles...

[quote name='H3m1 R4m']I actually like Brink. Its not that bad. I enjoyed it. $5 is a steal for that game. Im being serious and Im not sick. Lol.[/QUOTE]
He's right. It's not a bad game. And of course it's worth $5. I guarantee each of you has paid $20 for a worse game. The AI works out because you have the same AI on your team that your facing off against. The campaign is at least varied and the challenges are pretty fun. This game only has this terrible rep because everyone was expecting certain things from the game and they were wrong about it.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']why's that?[/QUOTE]
Well, because CAG.com has costs associated with being here for us to use. Random Forum member (while posting useful deals) doesn't have those costs for posting here. So, I can justify helping pay the website's bills because I use this site. I can't justify paying RFM's bills just for posting a deal someone else would have posted otherwise.

I enjoyed Brink enough to have paid $5 for it. I think I paid $10 back when I bought it, and resold it for at least $5. Playing it as massive co-op would've been great, but by the time they patched out the major issues, its reputation was shot and the online community was almost dead.

[quote name='Jack_Frost']Im telling SRK about this evil deed[/QUOTE]

LOL! Yeah thanks a lot.
Ehh with free to enter tournaments people can't bitch too much. Better than some unwanted non popular character from a McFarlane action figure toy line.

[quote name='Jonsoncao']Snabbed Brink, according to achievement360 it seems like an easy 1000/1000.[/QUOTE]

I have 1250 in it. Without a boosting partner it is an extremely frustrating 1k.

It was not a fun ride.

[quote name='RugerRellP89']If your getting Operation Flashpoint Red River add me if you want to play some co-op :cool:. My PSN is the same as my user name.[/QUOTE]

Cool

i personally liked brink. great multiplayer game. only put 20ish hours into it but it was a fun 20 hours

[quote name='Lucian']$5 won't even get you a foot long at Subway anymore...

Can anyone talk me into or out of Operation Flashpoint? I liked the old Ghost Recon titles...[/QUOTE]

You got that right. The last sub I got at Subway cost me $6 and it was so terrible I asked the manager for my money back and I never went back to that particular Subway. But anyway get Operation Flashpoint.

[quote name='Firefox59']He's right. It's not a bad game. And of course it's worth $5. I guarantee each of you has paid $20 for a worse game. The AI works out because you have the same AI on your team that your facing off against. The campaign is at least varied and the challenges are pretty fun. This game only has this terrible rep because everyone was expecting certain things from the game and they were wrong about it.[/QUOTE]

^^This. Thank you.

Brink is absolutely worth $5.
Just look at this thread. SO many people have something to say about Brink, and it ain't all bad. There's a reason for all this hype.
It's fun, different, goofy and funny in places, comic book-ish graphics, decent customization. You can choose a beefy tank guy, or a lean runner who can access places that chunkier characters can't get to.

I've managed to find some on-line games, and wish more folks played it.

There's some good ideas, and, yes, some mediocre execution. But, overall, it's worth $5 or $10 and some hours. Enjoy!

bread's done
Back