Brink - $39.99 shipped from Amazon ($30 TIV)

It seems like Brink is only good multiplayer, do you guys think the multiplayer community will be more active on this Xbox version or the PC version?

My sense is that it's worth waiting for the PC version to drop a little more, as multiplayer is usually better there?

[quote name='samuelcole']It seems like Brink is only good multiplayer, do you guys think the multiplayer community will be more active on this Xbox version or the PC version?

My sense is that it's worth waiting for the PC version to drop a little more, as multiplayer is usually better there?[/QUOTE]

I bought it on release day for xbox 360, excited and all..

Then, the online was completely broken. So laggy that it was unplayable, not to mention that game just wasn't that great.

I was in gamestop yesterday and someone returned it that bought it used @ $34.99 (thats the price at gamestop..), because the single and multiplayer are the exact same thing. (Which is dumb.)

In order words, unless this game is < $10 , DO NOT BUY IT.

[quote name='poker360']*Warning: Game is shit.[/QUOTE]

^This.

Never again will I let my hype make me buy a game that ends up being almost universally bashed by a majority of gamers.

not sure what TIV $30 has to do with anything. If you're suggesting a $10 "rental", that's gonna be a short rental since I'm sure TIV is gonna go down over time...pretty fast

The 360 community is absolutely dead. It's hard to find a game, and the multiplayer is laggy as heck when you do finally get in one. Definitely worth $10 or so; which it will probably hit by the end of the year. But not worth $40.

That said, the PC version has received like six patches since release, and the community has stayed relatively decent. I'd probably recommend the PC version if you find it in the $25 range or so.

Can't comment on the PS3 version.

This game could actually have been fun if people played it, or the match making worked if that's the issue. I played it for about 2 weeks online with only my co-op buddy and maybe 1 or 2 other random players if we were lucky. I can't speak for the PC or Xbox but the PS3 community is nonexistent. It's unfortunate because I actually kind of liked the game when we had people join.
You + bots = frustration. Also the claim that this game has single player is insulting. My copy is currently winging it's way back to Amazon for trade-in.

it's not that bad. (i really like it, find human players every day, etc) (on Ps3). there are some workarounds to the wonky (no) lobby system (see splash damage forums if you care)

if you buy it just for single player, you will be sad (unless you play the campaign on versus, which is actually pretty fun when you manage to find people)

the lag has improved (i have had maybe 1 in 20 matches in the past couple weeks that were bad lag, and i backed out and restarted and it fixed it).

anyway - the hype on this game was way overblown, but the blowback on how "bad" this game supposedly is is just as bad (and in some cases, mis-informed). Unfortunately, since the only viable way to play is with online folks (all bots is a little annoying), the bad rep it got (partially deserved) is further undermining the community)

they completely fixed the lag on the 360-but yeah at first it was a big problem more than half of the online games were unplayable.

yup single player and mutli are the same missions story-same damn thing which is stupid. definitely a multi game not a singleplayer at all.
a.i is pretty stupid (but i heard that they are fixing the A.I behavior)

the game having only 8 maps was a problem for most but the free dlc out later this month includes 2 new maps-new abilities-adjusting the a.i behavior, boost the level cap.
some of the info http://www.shacknews.com/article/68613/brink-agents-change-dlc-free

I liked the game-but $40 still too much-but definitely worth more than $10.

i hope the flood of used copies get the game into people's hands who like it - i understand why ppl might not like it, but i hate COD:BO, so every game's MMV.

I picked it up for $30 (Gamefly), and am very happy at that price point. if they release a steady stream of DLC maps to expand gameplay, well worth it (the map on the web site makes it seem like there could be a bunch of expansion levels)

it's not a great rental though (unless you are kicking the tires) b/c the game is based on developing your skills/abilities and leveling up your character (and the campaign is basically just a placeholder for online play - which is the (only) fun part)

[quote name='poker360']*Warning: Game is shit.[/QUOTE]

listen to him. he tells the truth. i refused to listen day one and regret my decision to this day. 60 bucks down the drain. 40 is not close to what i'd pay for this. 10-15 bucks, maybe.

[quote name='mattcube64']The 360 community is absolutely dead. It's hard to find a game, and the multiplayer is laggy as heck when you do finally get in one. Definitely worth $10 or so; which it will probably hit by the end of the year. But not worth $40.

That said, the PC version has received like six patches since release, and the community has stayed relatively decent. I'd probably recommend the PC version if you find it in the $25 range or so.

Can't comment on the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I guess I'll keep waiting.

I play on Xbox and am hoping the dlc release is coupled with renewed interest from the community. I don't think the lag has been fixed altogether yet or 8v8 games would be found w/o opting for the advanced mode in searches. I could be mistaken. The game is far from shit, though - it just had a premature release more than anything.

someone already said, but you can also get this for 39.99 at GS (new) or 34.99 (used). If you've got PUR and especially if you've got credit, and want to try something a little different, i maintain it's worth it, especially if you're buying games during B2G1 to actually play (and not just flip)

I did not like COD:BOps fwiw, and those that love that game seem less inclined to this one - it's centered on teamwork based objectives, and playing with (or against) a good group of humans makes it super fun - especially when you get sucked into an extended firefight to try and take control of a checkpoint (or chokepoint, depending on the map)

bread's done
Back