Brink now $54.99 w/ $10 gift card at Amazon! (Xbox 360/PS3)

I'm so tempted to pick this up (especially for the awesome psycho pack) but everyone who has played it has said it seems like the price will plummet quickly. I think I can wait 2 weeks for it to hit 40.

[quote name='genfuyung']I'm so tempted to pick this up (especially for the awesome psycho pack) but everyone who has played it has said it seems like the price will plummet quickly. I think I can wait 2 weeks for it to hit 40.[/QUOTE]

why will it drop quick? this is not a good game?

[quote name='I OU a Beatn']Sweet deal. Too bad I still hadn't decided which system to buy it for. Decisions, decisions.[/QUOTE] I wasn't sure either. With PSN still being down and having just bought 3 months of Live + 800 msp for $12.50, I think I'm buying it on 360. If you get it on 360 add me. Gamertag is same as cheapass name.

[quote name='DANIEL']why will it drop quick? this is not a good game?[/QUOTE]
I haven't heard that necessarily. I've just read that its going ot be a very polarizing game. My local Gamestop had a retail copy in their 360 demo unit and I played and thought it played really well. The only odd thing was that none of the textures would load so everything was that ugly smooth texture the whole time. I think it probably has a day 1 update to fix that but because the demo unit wasnt online it couldnt be updated.

[quote name='genfuyung']I'm so tempted to pick this up (especially for the awesome psycho pack) but everyone who has played it has said it seems like the price will plummet quickly. I think I can wait 2 weeks for it to hit 40.[/QUOTE]

This kind of statement I don't understand. For $45 you can have it now. I don't mean to single you out; I hear this comment all the time. I understand the guys that want to wait until it's $20 or $30, but if $40 is your price point, isn't $45 during release week good enough for you?

I had it pre-ordered on the PS3 and decided to hold off. Just can't pay $55 (even with the credit) to play a game offline. By the time the PSN comes back it'll probably have been on sale through Amazon.

[quote name='Rage Goblin']This kind of statement I don't understand. For $45 you can have it now. I don't mean to single you out; I hear this comment all the time. I understand the guys that want to wait until it's $20 or $30, but if $40 is your price point, isn't $45 during release week good enough for you?[/QUOTE]
I try not to really factor in the credits amazon gives. Some people on here will say "Oh I got Brink for 45" and then next week will say "I got game X for price X after using my Brink credit" Its amazing that people think that way. If it was straight up 45 dollars cash to buy it then no I wouldn't let the 5 dollars deter me.

I dont understand release day review embargos for a new IP like this. It just tells me to stay away until reviews come in since apparently there isn't a lot of confidence in the game, and by that time the deals may be gone, which again tells me to stay away until it's cheaper even if it does happen to be good.

With the fact that so many games are being discounted for $40 a few weeks after being released, I think I'll hold off on this. I would prefer to pay $40 out of pocket then pay $55 and get a $10 credit.

I preordered this game just now and noticed there was no $10 promotional credit message at the end of checkout like there usually is at the top. Did anybody notice this too?

[quote name='ShockandAww']I dont understand release day review embargos for a new IP like this. It just tells me to stay away until reviews come in since apparently there isn't a lot of confidence in the game, and by that time the deals may be gone, which again tells me to stay away until it's cheaper even if it does happen to be good.[/QUOTE]

I can almost guarantee this will be $40 the week of launch. Even big name titles like Mortal Kombat and Portal 2 were $40 within the first 2weeks. For me I am getting it day one because I have Amazon credit. I will play it until Red Faction comes out then decide whether to trade it.

[quote name='skubish']I can almost guarantee this will be $40 the week of launch. Even big name titles like Mortal Kombat and Portal 2 were $40 within the first 2weeks. For me I am getting it day one because I have Amazon credit. I will play it until Red Faction comes out then decide whether to trade it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah if it reviews very well I may get it only because I have Kmart coupons, but there's no way I'm paying $55 for it when I can't really tell if it's any good or not. It looks cool sure, but a lot of games look like they'll be fun only to turn out shallow or broken or have any other number of flaws. On bigger games like Infamous/LA Noire/Uncharted I'll take my chances but not on something like this.

To me it looks like one of those 8/10 type games like Bulletstorm that I'll just be able to buy cheaper within a month anyway.

[quote name='scarhawk']I'd much rather have LA Noire. WAY too many FPS.[/QUOTE]
Definitely.

yeah, im gonna go LA Noire, hoping this goes 40 within the month tho, and by then we will see what reviews it gets. GTA/RDR concrete R* as good quality.

I don't get why everyone is excited about LA Noire. Isn't Rockstar only helping with development? I haven't really kept up with it. It just seems like a game you'd beat then never touch again. That's hardly worth $60 if that's true.

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']I don't get why everyone is excited about LA Noire. Isn't Rockstar only helping with development? I haven't really kept up with it. It just seems like a game you'd beat then never touch again. That's hardly worth $60 if that's true.[/QUOTE]

Some people replay some don't, depends on who the gamer is.

I love the videos I've seen and can't wait, summer pretty dead for titles also so perfect opportunity to play the 'RDR of the summer".

SwvsA.png

---
For people asking about Brink, I'm REALLY bored with Black Ops, GOW3, Halo. This game looks like a lot of fun and a lot of my friends are getting it. I want something new and I hope this game can help me get out of my bored mp rut.

[quote name='CyReN']Some people replay some don't, depends on who the gamer is.

I love the videos I've seen and can't wait, summer pretty dead for titles also so perfect opportunity to play the 'RDR of the summer".

---
For people asking about Brink, I'm REALLY bored with Black Ops, GOW3, Halo. This game looks like a lot of fun and a lot of my friends are getting it. I want something new and I hope this game can help me get out of my bored mp rut.[/QUOTE]

Haha. Nice picture to explain things. It sounds interesting but it seems like it's best to wait for a price drop. I feel Brink will entertain me for the summer. I at least hope so.

[quote name='genfuyung']I try not to really factor in the credits amazon gives. Some people on here will say "Oh I got Brink for 45" and then next week will say "I got game X for price X after using my Brink credit" Its amazing that people think that way. If it was straight up 45 dollars cash to buy it then no I wouldn't let the 5 dollars deter me.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha. Thanks for the explanation.

And I do laugh at the people that count the credits twice, as you describe. I just consider them when as a discount when they're issued and then forget about them.

Single player games are better to wait for a price drop, which usually happens faster than a popular online multiplayer.

Chances of them staying above 40 for long are slim. After about a year only the pros are gaming online, so its better to have a level playing field going into a new online game.

[quote name='youngavatar']I didnt know if amazon did price adjustment so i just cancel my order and did it all over again to get the price.[/QUOTE]

From their site:

Pre-Order Price Guarantee

Amazon.com's price for not-yet-released items sometimes changes between the time the item is listed for sale and the time it is released and shipped. Whenever you pre-order a book, CD, video, DVD, video game, or software item, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.com between the time you place your order and the release date. The order summary in Your Account will reflect the lowest price within 24 hours of the price change.

Our Pre-Order Price Guarantee applies only to items sold by Amazon.com, and not to items (or prices) offered by other sellers on our site.

If your order enters the shipping process before the release date and the price is lowered on the release date, we will automatically refund your credit card for the difference between the price you were charged and the release-date price. If you didn't use a credit card to pay for your order, please contact customer service through the Contact Us button on the right side of any Help page.

[quote name='youngavatar']I didnt know if amazon did price adjustment so i just cancel my order and did it all over again to get the price.[/QUOTE]
I just got off the chat with them and it only took about 2 mins for him to price adjust. I didn't wanna cancel and re-order because I used a GC to pay for some of it.

Anyone else still have the price showing up as 59.99 in their account? never had a price drop at amazon and the pre-order guarantee come into effect before. I sent them an email that got back a generic automated response saying that it should show the new price in my account if it hasn't been shipped/prepared to ship or else you'll get an automatic refund 48 hours after it ships.

It says it hasn't shipped yet...so dunno. Is this normal?

[quote name='jr1016']I just got off the chat with them and it only took about 2 mins for him to price adjust. I didn't wanna cancel and re-order because I used a GC to pay for some of it.[/QUOTE]

Same boat here, but told me it would update before it ships which I guess sort of matches up with their pre-order guarantee. Must not have been 24hours since the change.

[quote name='skubish']I can almost guarantee this will be $40 the week of launch. Even big name titles like Mortal Kombat and Portal 2 were $40 within the first 2weeks. For me I am getting it day one because I have Amazon credit. I will play it until Red Faction comes out then decide whether to trade it.[/QUOTE]

Red Faction: Guerrilla was decent, but got repetitive very quickly. So we will see how Armageddon plays out.

To add to your list, Dead Space 2, Crysis 2 & Homefront (maybe Kill Zone 3) all were at the $40 range within the first month (at minimum deal of the day). So yeah, I'd bet on it you will see this game for a DOD.

As for my opinion of Brink. I'm gonna wait for some solid reviews before I jump on it. Game looks good and the 8 player co-op is tempting. But I have little faith in Bethesda to produce a solid FPS shooter, and if its anything like Fallout; lots of bugs.

And for people who say I got this game for $45, no you didn't as you need to buy something else in order for that $10 to be in effect. So you are spending more money for a discounted item. But since like myself, I will buy other items from Amazon, then yeah I like the promo's.

[quote name='toastmasta']But I have little faith in Bethesda to produce a solid FPS shooter, and if its anything like Fallout; lots of bugs.
[/QUOTE]

fwiw, the game is made by Splash Damage (Wolfenstein: ET, ET: Quake Wars), not Bethesda (they're the publisher).

I don't know how quality is anything to do with that... Everyone seemed to love Mortal Kombat and Portal 2 and well, two weeks later, you're seeing it for about that price.

So, yeah, it seems like a reasonable assumption to me... but not one based upon quality.

Personally, I preordered this game back in 2009 (with a 10% off coupon ) so even without the 10 dollar credit I'm paying 49.29 and if the game takes off the preorder DLC could pay for the game itself.

and if the reviews blow... Well, they should be released before I get my copy, let alone open it, so I can always mail it back for about 3 dollars.

[quote name='Modus Pwnens']fwiw, the game is made by Splash Damage (Wolfenstein: ET, ET: Quake Wars), not Bethesda (they're the publisher).[/QUOTE]

Didn't realize that. I see they made the revamped Wolfenstein and Doom 3.

Guess this partnership has been in the works for two years now. So has potential to be better than I thought. But still, I feel like Bethesda would rather make a release date then insure a game is minimal of game breaking bugs. We will see, and yeah I am hoping for game-breaking coop, as 8 player coop is (unprecedented?) for PS3/Xbox.

I really want this from Best Buy, but they are offering nothing from what I can tell. And I assume you can't price-match Amazon. But between having a $10 coupon I need to use there, and wanting the Fallout content, I'm not sure I can take the purchase somewhere else...

Hmmm

I preordered it, its $54.99 with a $10 credit and you could probably sell the psycho pack for like $10 on ebay. $34.99 on a day one purchase. instead of waiting 2 weeks for the price to hopefully drop to $40.

also amazon always gives about $30-to $35 on trade in within the first 2 weeks of a game coming out so if i don't like it ill just trade it in.

Im buying it with credit i had so it was an easier decision to pre order it.

I had pre-ordered it, canceled it, and reordered it. For whatever reason I didn't get the "your order qualifies for the $10 preorder credit" disclaimer when I reordered it -- should I email them or just not worry about it?

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']I wasn't sure either. With PSN still being down and having just bought 3 months of Live + 800 msp for $12.50, I think I'm buying it on 360. If you get it on 360 add me. Gamertag is same as cheapass name.[/QUOTE]

Was that XBL + 800msp a deal someplace? If so is it still going on?

[quote name='Brenex']It was (is?) a deal directly off the xbox dashboard.[/QUOTE]

I haven't had a deal on my dashboard forEVER (well since around the holidays). My subscription runs out in a couple weeks too...

[quote name='iRandom']Noob question...
Does Amazon automatically adjust the price? I pre-ordered a month ago[/QUOTE]

They're supposed to, yes, but you can always email them quick to make sure they don't skip over your order.

[quote name='ShockandAww']I dont understand release day review embargos for a new IP like this. It just tells me to stay away until reviews come in since apparently there isn't a lot of confidence in the game, and by that time the deals may be gone, which again tells me to stay away until it's cheaper even if it does happen to be good.[/QUOTE]
Heh, that's pretty much where I'm at with Brink. I wanted to pick it up on release day, but not knowing how good it is means I'll just wait. I'll just spend another week working on Red Dead.

[quote name='I OU a Beatn']Sweet deal. Too bad I still hadn't decided which system to buy it for. Decisions, decisions.[/QUOTE]
The Xbox 360 was the platform they used for the commercial and the demo tutorials.

[quote name='iRandom']Noob question...
Does Amazon automatically adjust the price? I pre-ordered a month ago[/QUOTE]

You dont have to do anything, I pre order all the time. You will get an email that has the adjusted price on release day. I rarely look at my past orders to see if it adjusted before it ships but I dont think it shows in there. You will get the discounted price I wouldnt even worry about it.

bread's done
Back