Brink now $54.99 w/ $10 gift card at Amazon! (Xbox 360/PS3)

[quote name='Coper3000']I also got double credit. Went ahead and used it so they don't reverse it or something. I'm very curious to try this game out- since I've been playing TF2 for 3 years now.[/QUOTE]

Ok stupid question, How do I find out if I got double credit?

Check your e-mail or add something to your cart and see how much it gets discounted if you know how much credit you had on your account before the Brink credit was applied.

[quote name='Dragonsbane']hmmm got double credit but no credit for the price change.....dare I push my luck[/QUOTE]

Do it via chat, I got a $5 refund that way.

Thanks for the tip. By actually reading the Amazon shipping mail I see I got the expected $10 credit. Oh well.

[quote name='BackInBlack']I usually don't get refunds right away for price changes...I will wait a day or 2.[/QUOTE]

They gave me mine because I asked about it and then asked again whether I'd be getting it back on a cc like the told me (I used amazon credit to pay for it) or in credit.

It took about 3 emails before they sort of understood what I was saying, and even then they ignored half of my email and just issued me the $5 back to my credit early.

Goodness. Brink already has a "keep" price of $39.99 on Gamefly. And I would agree with other people- it will probably be $40 on Amazon within a week or a bit longer.

[quote name='Dragonsbane']hmmm got double credit but no credit for the price change.....dare I push my luck[/QUOTE]

please don't abuse the Amazon customer service :whistle2:#

Is the Psycho pack preorder bonus code included in the game or did you guys get it through email? Because I never got my email for my Psycho pack DLC (even though I got my $10 promo credit email) and I don't recall the code being listed as packed into the game when I preordered it.

[quote name='Donut2922']Is the Psycho pack preorder bonus code included in the game or did you guys get it through email? Because I never got my email for my Psycho pack DLC (even though I got my $10 promo credit email) and I don't recall the code being listed as packed into the game when I preordered it.[/QUOTE]

I talked to the customer service and they told me that they can't issue codes until PSN comes back. Also, i did not get the price adjustment, greedy fucks.

[quote name='Alkane']Thanks for the tip. By actually reading the Amazon shipping mail I see I got the expected $10 credit. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

It's actually a separate e-mail saying you've received the credit (That you would have received multiple times). The shipping e-mail just says that you should receive it.

The subject is always named "Your Amazon.com Promotional Credit" from the e-mail [email protected].

[quote name='Donut2922']Is the Psycho pack preorder bonus code included in the game or did you guys get it through email? Because I never got my email for my Psycho pack DLC (even though I got my $10 promo credit email) and I don't recall the code being listed as packed into the game when I preordered it.[/QUOTE]

Sometimes it takes a day or two to get those codes. Though based on what maximum said, it makes sense if you ordered a PS3 copy. They may not be able to generate codes for the PS3 version until PSN is back up.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='maxim2boobles']I talked to the customer service and they told me that they can't issue codes until PSN comes back. Also, i did not get the price adjustment, greedy fucks.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Draekon']

Sometimes it takes a day or two to get those codes.[/QUOTE]

Ok thanks so by your guys' responses sounds like it wasn't packed into the game after all. I preordered the Xbox copy too just FYI.

has anyone got their game??

I ordered on sun morning and my ups guy always shows up at 2:00 at the latest and its about 4:15 pm and no game.

maybe its just my ups guy and not an amazon thing.

also i ordered a 360 version will we get our psycho pack-- its only ps3 that have to wait right?

[quote name='VindictiveGnome']I'm kinda regretting buying this game. It definitely doesn't feel like it was worth $60.[/QUOTE]

I think I'm the only one, but I love it!

[quote name='genfuyung']Same here. So nice to be playing something different.[/QUOTE]

I retract my previous statement. I just had a great game with people who all had mics. It was a blast. I'm enjoying the game alot more now. It still feels like it should have been a $20 XBLA game though.

[quote name='BackInBlack']I usually don't get refunds right away for price changes...I will wait a day or 2.[/QUOTE]
Is your profile picture the album cover to a August Burns Red CD? If so, awesome band.

For a net purchase of $35 it's really not bad... It's fun to play but it's obviously not going to last very long, so I'll play it for a while and get as many achievements as I can until I'm bored and then I'll find the best TiV and unload it.

I like this damn game. and the amazon bonus is selling for 35 bucks (360 version) on ebay right now. walmart went for $50, cuz its got an mp7.

anyway, i got double credit too, think i need to spend it fast before they revoke it.

and before I ask for the dlc code I never got...

I need people to play this game with, someone send me a friend request and make me not regret buying this instead of a much cheaper portal 2.

you guys are lucky ive played 3 games and 2 were laggy as hell-one was just a bit laggy.
too bad cuz-the game when i get to play it is fun

Edit= So, Right after writing this I went and gave brink another shot and to my surprise the online ran smoothly for the 5 games that i played.
and it was fun.

don't think the game is worth $60 at all more like $35--so if you got the extra credits, the psycho pack code or can just find the game at that price i would totally recommend it.

Double promo credit was just their mix up, is my guess, it's happened to me on other orders in the past.

They never sent me the DLC Psyco Pack, I think I would have been less upset about the missing $10 credit, versus the missing DLC. Now I am playing the waiting game for CS to get back to me to make it right.

On another note, I had a couple of laggy matches, but also had some great matches. And a couple fantastic matches, when the opposing team thought they were playing FFA in COD, lol.

I had to start a chat with amazon to get my psycho pack code. Its so awesome. Ive had some god awful laggy matches online so far but also had a few that were perfect. Hope that gets straightened out soon.

I hated Brink. I spent more time installing the game than actually playing it. I shipped it back to Amazon this morning for $31 in trade in credit. Here is my Psycho Pack code (360) if anyone is interested in it:

HXQVT-DPTMX-KTMJQ-YHCR4-T4KXZ

[quote name='cromb24']I hated Brink. I spent more time installing the game than actually playing it. I shipped it back to Amazon this morning for $31 in trade in credit. Here is my Psycho Pack code (360) if anyone is interested in it:

HXQVT-DPTMX-KTMJQ-YHCR4-T4KXZ[/QUOTE]

looks like someone redeemed it already. thanks for the offer!

I bought the Ps3 version and I just received this email from amazon:

[FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif][/FONT]
2Q==

[FONT=verdana,arial,sans-serif]

:roll:

[/FONT]

I got my preorder code today without contacting Amazon. As far as I know I have not got the $2 for the price difference yet. It was $56.99 when I ordered it.

They have now credited me the $2 as well. So I ended up with $30 in credits, preorder, and the $2 refund.

Brink
Price on order date: $56.99
Price charged at shipping: $56.99 Lowest price before release date: $54.99
Amount to be refunded: $2.00
Quantity: 1
Total Savings: $2.00

It seems the Fallout (BB) and Spec-Ops packs (Walmart) were packed in the game. I wonder if I can just pick one off the shelf and it will have the code in it? Can anyone verify this? Does it have a sticker on the outside of the package or maybe a different UPC to let you know the code is packed in the game. I was thinking about trying to get BB to price match Kmart’s $20 coupon or TRU $15 GC for Brink and then sell the code on eBay. That way my final cost for the game should be between $10-$20. Which based on what everyone is saying about the game, is exactly what it’s worth.

Got my copy yesterday. I think Im going to send it back after reading the reviews and especially since they arent sending out the ps3 psycho packs right now which they should have mentioned prior to me ordering since psn has been down for what? 3 weeks now?

edit: Just chatted with Amazon CS. They are letting me return the game opened becuase of the problem of not receiving the psycho pack code for ps3.

[quote name='cromb24']I hated Brink. I spent more time installing the game than actually playing it. I shipped it back to Amazon this morning for $31 in trade in credit. Here is my Psycho Pack code (360) if anyone is interested in it:[/QUOTE]

I just netted $18 on Ebay for the Psycho pack. Between that and selling it new on Amazon for $45 I ended up making out OK for a game I'm glad I didn't open from the sounds of it.

just sold the psycho code for $20 on ebay about 3 hours ago

seems the price is going down from $30 yesterday, to $20 a few hours ago, and $15-20 seems to be what people are paying now. so if your going to sell it maybe do it now.

So $54.99 $10 from amazon and $20 for the code (18 after ebay fees)=$26.99 not bad was willing to spend $35 on it.

still jealous of all those that got double or triple credit--Calling amazon to complain-j/k-- you lucky bastards

The price on the psycho pack is going down quick, I got $16 a little bit ago. With selling it used to a friend for $45 bucks I actually ended up making $6 plus the $10 credit.

I made it to level 12 before I decided that was all I needed to play of that game, just didn't click for me. Levels come too quickly and after a while I just got bored.

Is it worth $2 to lose $10? Or in some cases $20 (the triple credit ppl).

this game will be a DotD for $39 in 2 weeks. this isnt a Cheap Deal for $57 for a game with Horrible Reviews. if you bought it for $57 i laugh at you.

I'm really liking the game, not sure why all the hate. Got it on PC and yeah there are a few problems but the graphical problems with AMD cards can be relieved. Sound problem is there, but the gameplay is really fun. I think too many people are not liking the class based objective gameplay and no it's not like BC2 in terms of class and objectives. Spending more time installing than playing sounds like it wasn't given a fair shot. But hey everyone's time is their own so I'm not gonna tell anyone how to spend it.

[quote name='aznguyen316']I'm really liking the game, not sure why all the hate. Got it on PC...[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. Playing on PC, really enjoying the game, not sure why so many people are hating on it.

why do people hate it?? because it got a 6/10 from IGN and 6/10 from Gamespot. last time i checked 6/10 = D .

a True Cheap Ass Gamer would never spend $57 + tax on a game that gets a D .

[quote name='HORSEBORSE']why do people hate it?? because it got a 6/10 from IGN and 6/10 from Gamespot. last time i checked 6/10 = D .

a True Cheap Ass Gamer would never spend $57 + tax on a game that gets a D .[/QUOTE]

but is that even a valid reason to hate? Because SOMEONE else reviewed it and didn't like it? So that means people should love games that get 9/10's and 10/10s? I'm just saying, if you spent some time with it, then sure I'd like to hear your arguments. But if you're gonna bash a game, please please play it before you say anything. I don't care if a game looks terrible and is universally said to be bad, if I haven't played it, I won't care to comment on it. Oh btw, I don't mean YOU as in YOU, just you as in the general public. Not directing my statements at you, cept for the review part =D

[quote name='HORSEBORSE']this game will be a DotD for $39 in 2 weeks. this isnt a Cheap Deal for $57 for a game with Horrible Reviews. if you bought it for $57 i laugh at you.[/QUOTE]

Some people did get double or triple credit though. I was going to pre-order but with the psn down i decided against it.

Here's my breakdown of what I paid and received:
Bought: $60
Credit: $5 price adjust (got it early because I emailed just to make sure I'd get it)
Credit: $10 promo
Credit: $10 second credit
Credit: $5 second price adjust
Earned: $20 by selling the psycho pack
Credit: $31 locked in TiV

TOTAL: Net gain of $21!

I would say it's a 6.5 or maybe barely a 7 if you don't have any friends who also have it...if you have friends that play I can see it EASILY being an 8 or even 8.5. Still I'll be trading mine in next week (longer if I cancel/resubmit my trade in) because there's just not much there. What's there is fun and could have been great with a few tweaks. As is, it's ambitious but flawed.

bread's done
Back