Broken Cell Phone - Need Replacement

specialk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Well my razor took a dive into water this past week and now it's officially gone. Only 3 or so of the buttons work so it's basically unusable. I called Cingular (my provider) and I'm not covered under insurance nor am I ready for an upgrade.

So my question is, what would be the best thing to do? My SIM card is still good so does anyone know about buying unlocked cell phones on ebay? Or a place (cheap, please) to buy decent phones?

I really don't know what to do as of yet, and need to make some decisions soon (if you've ever had your phone go down, you know what i mean).

Any help, links, etc would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Buy a "pay as you go" "go phone" from the Cingular website and swap the sims. They price them a little cheaper than in store and you usually get free shipping. They even have the razor, although for $200.

well the woot phone sold out. and these pay as you go phones, like the poster above mentioned all i do is switch out the SIM card?

Dunno about the prepaid thing, but I have a phone for cingular that I recently upgraded from that's in decent shape, I dunno, maybe like 20 bucks for it?

To switch out the SIM card, it would have to be a Cingular pay as you go phone. A virgin mobile, tracphone, etc. wouldn't work.

[quote name='puternerd']Buy a "pay as you go" "go phone" from the Cingular website and swap the sims. They price them a little cheaper than in store and you usually get free shipping. They even have the razor, although for $200.[/quote]this is probably your best option assuming you don't have a friend with an extra old cingular phone (many people have old ones lying around). if i remember right, the nokia 6030 is only like $25 or something

thanks puternerd. i'm still browsing around. really wanted a 100-150 smartphone that supported wifi but looks like that ain't happening. looked at treos, ipaqs, and blackberrys.

If you're really desperate, I have a Motorola v551 in pretty good shape with two extra chargers that I could let go really really cheap. It's not a smartphone or anything, but it can record video and access MediaNet at least, and it's a Cingular phone so you'd just have to pop in the SIM. PM me if you're interested.

bread's done
Back