Broken DS top screen..

Sanosuke Sagara

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Does anyone know of a way to fix this? I don't know if I sat on it or anything, but I put it down fine and picked it up with a huge lcd stain on it. I bought it fairly recently; Will nintendo fix it for free? If not, how much will it cost? Thanx.

Yeah, they got a one year warranty, but nintendo says it won't cover "physical damage". I'll try at my local walmart, and if worse comes to worst, I'll have to send it in.

[quote name='Sanosuke Sagara']Yeah, they got a one year warranty, but nintendo says it won't cover "physical damage".[/QUOTE]

What other type of damage could there be? Mental damage? Pain and suffering?

[quote name='Vegan']What other type of damage could there be? Mental damage? Pain and suffering?[/QUOTE]
Serious answer: Manufacturing defects

Joke answer: Yes. Haven't you seen Cheapy's Japanese DS warnings thread? (I'm tapped out today)

I know someone who bought a broken DS (top screen intact, obviously), and was able to switch it out. He said it was pretty simple to do and I've seen the DS since it has been changed. The only problems encountered were a few dings in the casing for the top screen, other than that, looks like nothing has ever been done to it. I think it cost him 20-30 bucks for the DS he used for parts. Sure beats buying a new one.

Yeah just return to Hellmart.

You don't know if you sat on it or not, so they won't know thinngthing different.

Four months through is pushing it, but Nintendo is nice and normally fixes things even out of warrenty.

bread's done
Back