BROKEN gamecube...? plz help!

Brad906

CAGiversary!
hey, i was playing star wars rogue squadron III Rebel strike and in the middle of a level my gamecube froze and made a loud EEEERRRRR noise. It's happened scarcely before, but now twice in 2 days? why is this and what can i do?

How old is the gamecube?

nintendo is pretty good with warrantys and such,

I had a friends cube die, and 2 days later he had a new one. Look in the manaul or a game manual , there should be a phone #.If you live in a big city, there probaly is a nintendo service centre there.

for some reason this has been happening alot lately and i think it is because of how old your GC is. i have had several freinds said this happened and the only person who didnt just got theirs in november.

Give Nintendo's customer service a call 1-800-255-3700. If you explain to them the problem they will most likely have you send it to them and fix it for free.

My GC went out on me PAST warranty... and they have a replacement policy. I think it was selling for $150 retail at that time and it was $75 for a new replacement. I didn't mind.. saved me some bucks. It could be lower now.

[quote name='Brad906']hey, i was playing star wars rogue squadron III Rebel strike and in the middle of a level my gamecube froze and made a loud EEEERRRRR noise. It's happened scarcely before, but now twice in 2 days? why is this and what can i do?[/quote]

have you played or been playing Worms 3D on it?

curious...

nintendo is great at making warrentees work. since the cube is super sturdy and mighty mightay. they can afford to refurbish yours and send u a new one depending on the circumstance.

(Wow.. sorry, this is super late!)

They just shipped a new one to me in a brown box. That is, after I dropped my broken one off at the nearest Nintendo service-place (whatever!).

were you using an action replay or another cheat device? mine did that when using action replay on metroid prime. thought it might be the game but tried it on 2 different copies and it was the cheat device.

[quote name='ElfAngel7']are you using a nintendo memory card? I had the same prob. w/ a third party memory card[/quote]
I doubt that problem has anything to do with a memory card. Brad906 said it happened mid level, so I doubt the card was even being used by the system at the time. It sounds like a hardware problem.

My friend had a similar problem. Even though his warranty expired, the Big N fixed it for free when he called them.

:lol: what? ^^^

anyway, good to see Nintendo is cool about warranties and repairs. I wonder if they still support their old systems.

[quote name='cheap ass gamer']HI MY NAME IS SHEHRYAR AND WHO EVER HAS A BROKEN SYSTEM I WILL BUY IT OFF THEM U MIGHT THINK THAT THAT IS RETARED BUT I DONT GIVE A CRAP IF U WANT TO SELL IT TO ME EMAIL ME BAK AT [email protected][/QUOTE]

I may have one. What's the best way to ship to Nigeria?

That happend to me the other day, too. I was playing NHL 2004 and it froze and made that noise. Hasn't happend since.

it has happened to me with a new metroid prime bundle gamecube, i dont remember what game, i was playing i was scared it broke the game disc or something but it was safe, but i took the gamecube back the next day and got a new one, had it about a yr and decided to get a component cable which shipped 2day :) got a refurb with new one yr warranty in less than a week, i think u should call nintendo they have good customer service and will probably fix it for u with free shipping to them

bread's done
Back