Broken ps3 80 gb BC

mackie619

CAGiversary!
I need help here guys. my ps3 just died on me last night. It will come on to the xmb but if I play a game it freezes then shuts off. I don't feel paying 160+ to sony for a repair is worth the time or hassle so I wanna know... how can I get rid of it to get at least some cash to go towards a slim? I know gamestop has a 200 credit but only for a WORKING ps3:whistle2:(. any advice would be Greatly appreciated.

1) you can try your luck
2) put it up on ebay, a lot of people will use it for parts alone
3) really just try to sell it it still is good use for parts and some people will fix it and hope for the best

gamestop usually doessn't test the sytem with a game they just make sure it turns on and goes to a screen...I'm pretty sure the 360 they took from me didn't work and i know I have turned in broken accessories into them a few times so ymmv but might as well try

[quote name='TheHapaOne']gamestop usually doessn't test the sytem with a game they just make sure it turns on and goes to a screen...I'm pretty sure the 360 they took from me didn't work and i know I have turned in broken accessories into them a few times so ymmv but might as well try[/QUOTE]

Evil, but probably your best bet, OP.

For people telling me about gamestop ... Even IF they accept it, wont they eventually find out and burn me ( not literally) because I tricked them? After all, they would have personal info.

If they find out, its on them. For all they know it could be them that tampered with the system, trust me. I just traded in my yellow light temporary fix ps3 last week

[quote name='petersa1d']If they find out, its on them. For all they know it could be them that tampered with the system, trust me. I just traded in my yellow light temporary fix ps3 last week[/QUOTE]

This. If they find out, there's nothing they can do. They might bitch and complain, but that's all they got. They wouldn't take any kind of other action over something so small.

bread's done
Back