Broken Top screen

pds319

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Sup guys. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get my hands on a replacement LCD, top screen for my DS. The whole screen was cracked in a car accident and now it looks like someone took a screwdriver and ripped it across it. I found one site online, xboxrepairguide.com, but they're sold out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Peace and boobie grease.

Is it over a year old? If not, it's still covered under the warranty by Nintendo. If it is, I'd still call Nintendo to see if they can help you out: 1-800-255-3700

Warranty covers defects in manufacturing.. not abuse. And yes, being in a car accident counts as abuse. I doubt Nintendo will cover anything.

Nintendo does repairs...might be cheaper than a whole new screen.

[quote name='encendido5']Is it over a year old? If not, it's still covered under the warranty by Nintendo. If it is, I'd still call Nintendo to see if they can help you out: 1-800-255-3700[/QUOTE]

Considering the DS launched last November, that would be impossible.

[quote name='lebowsky']Considering the DS launched last November, that would be impossible.[/QUOTE]

I try to help and this is what I get. :? :)

Nintendo sells replacement top screens, with some tool & instructons on how to replace it, on there website. It may be just like a cover, so not sure what to do if your LCD itself is cracked. Bottom screen can only be replaced by Nintendo. I would have a link for you but I am at work. Can't spend too much time surfing.

Just goto www.nintendo.com and head towards their online store. Under the parts & accessories, goto DS and you'll see the link to the top screen replacement. Like Ebraum said, it's DIY and comes with the tool and instruction.

Ask Nintendo about it. They have great customer service in my experience. They may well be willing to fix it for free. Who knows, can't hurt to try. If not, they can probably point you toward an authorized repair place.

bread's done
Back