Broken XBOX 360's

darekIsAwesome

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
The cold weather is making me consider getting a 360 this month, since PS2 is basically played out for me. Being that Im kinda short of cash, my friend recently offered to sell me his broken one for around $20. The problem with it is that it crashes alot. I went online and did some research and it seems that many xbox's experience this and that it may be fixable. Any ideas or estimates on how much M$ would charge?

It's either 120 or 130

You don't even get the same box back most of the time, they usually just send a refub "to get you back in the game quicker"

You don't really have much to lose...it's only $20.
You can for sure get it fixed and have a working 360 for less than 150, most likely.

Hm, or you can just resell it on craigslist or ebay and make a few bucks.

Just buy it, and then call microsoft and tell them yours broke. They'll charge you like 129 to fix it. 150 for a refurb 360 = good deal.

Yeah $20 for a functioning 360 (though it crashes a lot) is a deal and a half. Like other have said, just call customer service and pay the repair fee. That's still way cheaper than a used 360 from EB/Gamestop.

Hopefully it is a pre2006 model though, because as previously said, then the repair is free.

Another option is trading it in to EB/Gamestop. They pretty much only check that it turns on and reads a game, so if it stays on long enough to boot up a game you are good for whatever the trade in amount is, which I am pretty sure is way more than $20.

My real suggestion though, is to be a friend, and tell your friend all the advice we just gave you. Hey tis the season.

bread's done
Back