Brutal Legend (360/PS3), £14.99 at Argos (Buy one, get one for 1p?)

John

Administrator
Staff member
Feedback
10 (100%)
Here's an interesting one, Argos are selling Brutal Legend for £14.99 - but oddly enough, you can add another copy to your basket for £0.01. (From either platform.) Who knows if they'll honour it, but I've been lucky with Argos in the past.

lol, so is this free money basically? get 2, put them on ebay like tenner minimum and easy profit. anyone verified this works yet?

[quote name='adwelsh78']lol, so is this free money basically? get 2, put them on ebay like tenner minimum and easy profit. anyone verified this works yet?[/QUOTE]

In the past I've ordered mispriced deals like this from Argos, and they've always delivered - but it's only usually worthwhile when you're getting it along with other bits and pieces since you take the delivery price hit. In-store is a bit more hit and miss.

definitely a glich... try adding a different game in the basket... it then allows you to snatch up 3 copies of brutal legend for 15.01 (so basically it does 14.99 + 0.01 + 0.01) and so on... well if it works one can make and hell of a deal adding crap low cost games to "pump up" the maximum "stackable" free copies of Brutal Legend... if honored it could easily compensate for the 5+ pounds shipping fee (no hassle with in store confrontation too)
if i'd be in UK i'd already tried this one!
UP IN YOURS Argos :)

So, I reserved Borderlands (360) for £24.99 and Brutal Legend (PS3) for 1p. Popped into Argos, they spent 10 minutes trying to figure out if it was an error or a deal, determined it was an error, but then said they'd honour the price anyway as a gesture of goodwill.

[quote name='John']So, I reserved Borderlands (360) for £24.99 and Brutal Legend (PS3) for 1p. Popped into Argos, they spent 10 minutes trying to figure out if it was an error or a deal, determined it was an error, but then said they'd honour the price anyway as a gesture of goodwill.[/QUOTE]

awesome deal my friend
it even adds to pleasure seeing their mask of terror in guilt!!
ARARARRARARAA :D

totally worked i reserved 2 ps3 brutal legends one for myself and one for my friend eBay went instore cashier checked my email and gave me them for £15 :applause:

Has anyone tried this and then taken a copy back to the store as an unwanted gift? Cause that would score you a FREE copy O=

I went in store today with a reservation for £15.00 but it came up on their system as £29.98. They refused to give me a copy, saying it was an error with the system, and offered me 1 instead. BS

[quote name='DragonX2']I went in store today with a reservation for £15.00 but it came up on their system as £29.98. They refused to give me a copy, saying it was an error with the system, and offered me 1 instead. BS[/QUOTE]

Same. Cunts.

edit: The C-word isn't censored? Weird innit.

[quote name='Liam.']edit: The C-word isn't censored? Weird innit.[/QUOTE]

This is the UK part of CAG :D

[quote name='DragonX2']I went in store today with a reservation for £15.00 but it came up on their system as £29.98. They refused to give me a copy, saying it was an error with the system, and offered me 1 instead. BS[/QUOTE]
thats what happened to me but i showed the email and they just gave em me have noticed brutal legends has now been removed from the sale list

I was told yesterday to bring some proof that it said £15 for both. So I am going in today with a print of the confirmation from my email and I'll see what happens.

I hope it goes well :)

[quote name='Frohiki']I was told yesterday to bring some proof that it said £15 for both. So I am going in today with a print of the confirmation from my email and I'll see what happens.

I hope it goes well :)[/QUOTE]

I went on the next day and a person in charge read to me what it said on the confirmation "the price respected would be the one displayed in store".

So basically I was screwed, the guy was not very polite and I just left the store seeing that I had nothing to be able to fight against with.

This can work depending on the people that work in the store.

I wish luck to anybody that tries this.

At the end I bought it for 11,99 at play.com. 24 hour bargain :whistle2:#.

bread's done
Back