Brutal Legend for $7.00 (360) @ Amazon

Only buy this game if you enjoy rough, poorly designed RTS games because a couple hours in this game goes from awesome to bad RTS.

And that was when I just started to really hate this game. It's a shame. I love its personality, its story, the universe, Jack Black, and I bought it at launch. But maaaan, the RTS elements suuuucked. Imo.

So just be aware of what it is (and IS NOT). This is the game so meh that its developer had to post on a blog to tell people how to play it properly.

Any chance someone could show me a video of the RTS crap in the game? I hear alot about that and I've only played the demo, so I've played the beginning parts.

The RTS sections are overly criticized. They're easy. Just summon a few of each unit, have them follow you and go into battle. If you have problems with the RTS parts of Brutal Legend, a real RTS would make your head explode.

Brutal Legend's "RTS sections" were extremely simple, I don't understand what the issue was. For the most part it was entirely hack and slash, one double team attack could wipe out the enemy without any trouble.

Ouch. Took a bit too long to bite. While doing reading on the Ear Force DSS (for the B1G1 50% off) Amazon told me that they no longer have BL for $7. OOS or whatever the case. Dang it.

One thing most people don't seem to mention about this game is that it's completely missing a third act ... you go through campaigns to defeat 2 of the enemy factions and finally think you're going to be going up against the third faction and big bad, only to find yourself at the end of the game with one stupid boss fight and then nothing else. It's a huge let down and the sad thing is that the story is pretty fun and up until that point you really get psyched up for a third part of the game that never happens. Really unfortunate ...

[quote name='jnest']Now $5.87 +$3.99 shipping[/QUOTE]

Eh, good enough for me. Few bucks more and it may take a little longer to ship, but it's still sub-$10 and I still want to try this game. :)

[quote name='helmet']Brutal Legend's "RTS sections" were extremely simple, I don't understand what the issue was. For the most part it was entirely hack and slash, one double team attack could wipe out the enemy without any trouble.[/QUOTE]

Mostly problems issuing commands...the standard KBAM versus controller issue. It's just not an intuitive control scheme at all, and it doesn't help that there's no easy way to bring up the tutorial or a controller map for those sections if you happen to forget how to do something specific.

The game never even told me that I could upgrade units, I just happened to notice during one battle.

I still loved the game, though. Nails the atmosphere, and even though the last act does seem to come up on you pretty quick, I feel like the payoff is there once you finish it up.

bread's done
Back