Brutal Legend (PS3/360) $57 + $10 credit at Amazon

I'm sorry if this has been covered many times in other threads, but do I need to reorder it to get the credit?

Sweet! I've already ordered, but since I'm impatient, I might cancel and re-order.

[quote name='myiamoto']I'm sorry if this has been covered many times in other threads, but do I need to reorder it to get the credit?[/QUOTE]

Technically, you shouldn't have to. The promo says its extended to all previous pre-orders. I might do it just to be certain though.

[quote name='mkernan']Sweet! I've already ordered, but since I'm impatient, I might cancel and re-order.

Technically, you shouldn't have to. The promo says its extended to all previous pre-orders. I might do it just to be certain though.[/QUOTE]

I canceled and reordered. Gave me a chance to use my uncharted $5 credit too.

[quote name='mkernan']Sweet! I've already ordered, but since I'm impatient, I might cancel and re-order.

Technically, you shouldn't have to. The promo says its extended to all previous pre-orders. I might do it just to be certain though.[/QUOTE]

I'm definitely going to reorder since I just got my Halo ODST promo credits. :)

When it says one per household, do they mean you can get only 1 for Brutal Legend, or do they mean you can get only one for Brutal Legend and not one for like Assassins Creed II. Basically can you get multiple $10 credits from ordering different games that have this promotion?

Excellent! I preordered this last week with double ECA and a $30 trade in bonus credit - this makes the overall value $6.84 with release date delivery. Can't complain about that, can't wait for the metal.

I have to ask: anyone getting their $10 credit immediately? After the Uncharted 2 snafu, I have to check in on every promo. ;)

Subtotal of Items: $56.99
Shipping & Handling: $4.49
Super Saver Discount: -$4.49
Pre-order Guarantee: -$0.00
Promotion Applied: -$10.00
Promotion Applied: -$5.00
Promotion Applied: -$5.70
Promotion Applied: -$0.00
------
Total for this Order: $36.29
Sweeeeet! :D

Even if I don't get a refund on the Halo 3 ODST price drop, I still love Amazon.

[quote name='jack612']I canceled my order and placed it again but I haven't received my $10 credit yet. How long is it taking everyone to get it?[/QUOTE]

you receive the 10$ credit after the game ships.

I think the Uncharted one is dead. Looks like Amazon fixed it. I'd be surprised if it happened on any other games now that they've figured things out.

Great deal, although personally the game doesn't really interest me much. I wonder just how many of these $10.00 game credit things there are out there...that we don't even know about?

I was hyped for this game last year, but the trailers I've seen recently paint a little different picture than what I saw last year. Looks more dark and gothic now and the action looks like it could get old quick. This sure looks like a game that will sell under expectations and end up being an amazon.com DOTD for 20-30 bucks by the end of the year.

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Great deal, although personally the game doesn't really interest me much. I wonder just how many of these $10.00 game credit things there are out there...that we don't even know about?[/QUOTE]

Games that have $10 on Amazon (videogames only) and are currently just preorders are:
*Brutal Legend
*Forza 3
*Assassin's Creed 2
*Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
*New Super Mario Bros.
*NBA 2K10 (thanks MIX_MASTER_ICE)
*Dragon Age: Origins (thanks caltab)
*WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2010 (thanks musha666)
*DJ Hero

Modern Warfare 2 had it but they removed it. GTA: Episodes from Liberty City has a $5 gift card. Uncharted 2 had $5 on videogames.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nightmare452']Games that have $10 on Amazon (videogames only) and are currently just preorders are:
*Brutal Legend
*Forza 3
*Assassin's Creed 2
*Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
*New Super Mario Bros.

Modern Warfare 2 had it but they removed it. GTA: Episodes from Liberty City has a $5 gift card. Uncharted 2 had $5 on videogames.[/QUOTE]

Add NBA 2k10 to that list.

[quote name='caltab']I tried the demo yesterday, combat reminded me of god of war.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't say it's anything like God of War. Personally it reminded me a bit like Dead Rising (at least with a few specific weapons in that game) if that makes any sense. It was a bit too slow for GoW style combat, but had sort of a similar combo system to what Dead Rising used.

Anyways, from what I've read, the demo is not entirely indicative of the rest of the game. Apparently there are supposed to be a lot of RTS elements to the combat, which I think could make it a bit more interesting. We'll have to see.

In any case, I really enjoyed the story, setting and humor of the demo, so I'm definately picking it up at release. Even if the gameplay turns out to be somewhat average, I think I might actually be ok with that as long as the rest of that stays great :p

I got a sense for more of a simplified God of War combat system who many would say GoW is a simplified Ninja Gaiden combat system. All in all it was an interesting demo I'm sure we all can't wait til its release.

Good deal but I'll wait until the last minute like usual to see if anyone else beats it when the ads for that week come out.

is this worth getting? i had my doubts originally but now i see that tim schafer is doing it and its got me interested (didn't know that before).

i REALLY dont want to pre order from gamestop, but i do want that exclusive guitar...watch as in the end its a terrible weapon...anyone know anything about this?
should i just say F it and use my ECA discount at amazon?

Good deal. played the demo and really enjoyed it too.
smile.gif

bread's done
Back