Brutal Legend PS3/360 - $6.99+FS Newegg

Xenokai

CAGiversary!
Im not seeing this anywhere so i decided to post this.

360 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874186008

PS3 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...17&cm_re=brutal_legend-_-79-258-017-_-Product

I seen this for like $10 a few times and still didn't get it but now its $6.99 how could i not get it? renting it would cost more then this. Was $6.99 total for me no tax and free ship.

(Also xmas shoppers Free shipping is egg saver 4-7 business days so getting it by xmas is a gamble even tho ive gotten egg saver pretty fast before.)

Last edited by a moderator:
played the demo right before it came out i liked it, but then people started complaining about the RTS gameplay in it is it really that annoying? is there at least some parts where you hack and slash like the demo showed off? and i'll be getting the PS3 version is it really that screwed up?

I just got a shipping notification they seem to be shipping it via UPS so that makes it way more likely to get it before xmas.

Also for all the people asking if the ps3 version is good or not. I played the demo on the ps3 near release and it seemed just fine. Reason i decided to pick it up at all. I bought the 360 ver but if i had only a ps3 id still prob pay $7 for it considering the demo on it ran really well.

[quote name='Organ Donor']I'm going to pass because I'm not a metal fan or Jack Black fan at all. Nice find though, OP.[/QUOTE]

Wow this^ and after reading about how bad the PS3 glitches are I cancelled mine while I still could.

I was about to order a copy for PS3.. but since I read you guys were talking about some glitches and bugs on the PS3 version.. I decided not to order it :/ i was excited to get this game for this price.

Tim Schafer's next game should be based on mandolin music.

My God, this game, as good as it was, was such a flop. I don't think $7 will liquidate this thing. My local Best Buy has racks of Brutal Legend that have been sitting there forever.

[quote name='stanleyacosta']I was about to order a copy for PS3.. but since I read you guys were talking about some glitches and bugs on the PS3 version.. I decided not to order it :/ i was excited to get this game for this price.[/QUOTE]

I believe the bugs are mainly related to the online mode. Im only gonna play it for the story anyway

[quote name='Xenokai']I believe the bugs are mainly related to the online mode.[/QUOTE]

The stat wipe bug is, but the muffled/tinny audio and corrupt saves is all single player related.

From what I've read you can get past the audio bug by installing patch 1.01 (NOT 1.02), unfortunatly Sony took that patch offline a while ago, and 1.03 may never be released despite being complete for over half a year. This is a long shot but you might still be able to rout the patch through your PC using a cached psn link:

http://www.ps3news.com/subdomain.php?pagename=psn&search=brutal+legend
http://www.ps3blog.co.za/guides/how-to-download-game-patches-and-updates-via-your-pc/

The save glitch seems like it might be specific to saving in certain areas also, but not sure.

I had fun with this game when I rented it last year and bought it from BBV for 10 bucks earlier this year. Huge metal head and I loved cruising around listening to the soundtrack. Though the lack of Iron Maiden was :whistle2:? (guess they couldn't get the rights). The boss battle with "Cry of the Banshee" by Brocas Helm was very awesome! Along with the part of the game that used "Through the Fire and the Flames". Those were two very memorable moments along with "Mr. Crowley". Plus some of the environments look like album covers come to life!! Overall, if you like any of Tim's other work, like Jack Black, like metal, or simple rts elements you should find something to like in this game.

Well I went with the 360 version due to all the PS3 glitches. I played the demo and found it fun. For $7 you really can't lose. I really wanted to get it on the PS3 but I need to build up my 360 collection since I just got the system in July and this will help.

Just received it. Gotta love newegg the shipping advertised as 4-7 buisness days and i ordered it on the 18th and received it today on the 21st via UPS xD

bread's done
Back