Brutal Legend Ps3/Xbox 360 $19.99 NEWEGG

[quote name='hypertails02']MSRP now...[/QUOTE]

geez give the guy a break and don't be a douche about it. Maybe he didn't know that this was the current MSRP

[quote name='meatwad3000']geez give the guy a break and don't be a douche about it. Maybe he didn't know that this was the current MSRP[/QUOTE]
That's 5.8 million times less douche like than what could have been posted from someone else. Thanks for the heads up though OP, I'm waiting for Amazon to match it but if they don't I''ll most likely get it here.

News to me, everywhere else i look still lists it at $40, thanks OP. Will definitely pick the game up at this price.

[quote name='madbst']Is this game good? What is it about?[/QUOTE]

The game is good, I rented it from GF...finished it in about a week at most. Its an action adventure game with RTS elements.. poor RTS elements. If you where to buy it $19 would not be that bad, but for me it was more of a rental game.

I just picked it up at Blockbuster for $10. Only played an hour, but so far it is awesome and freakin hilarious!

How are MSRP price drop announcements not deals? I don't scour the product listings of multiple online stores to see if the MSRP drops. While I'm not interested in this game, I hope people continue to announce price cuts like these, even if they're now the "current MSRP."

[quote name='Loudminority80']The game is good, I rented it from GF...finished it in about a week at most. Its an action adventure game with RTS elements.. poor RTS elements. If you where to buy it $19 would not be that bad, but for me it was more of a rental game.[/QUOTE]

The RTS elements absolutely killed the game for me. Avoiding spoilers, I either have to be at the final battle, or maybe one before the end, and I just find it so damn frustrating. I stopped playing it about 2 months ago and really have no interest in going back to finish it at the moment.

I like Jack Black, the story is fun, LOVE the music in the game, the game setting is great, and the action and guitar solos are fun. But those RTS battles... ugh...

I rented it from GF and beat it, but I picked it up from Newegg anyway ... thanks. I think I'll play it till completion and get all the trophies.

[quote name='bigredvan14']The RTS elements absolutely killed the game for me. Avoiding spoilers, I either have to be at the final battle, or maybe one before the end, and I just find it so damn frustrating. I stopped playing it about 2 months ago and really have no interest in going back to finish it at the moment.

I like Jack Black, the story is fun, LOVE the music in the game, the game setting is great, and the action and guitar solos are fun. But those RTS battles... ugh...[/QUOTE]My thoughts exactly, though, I didn't make it past the 2nd big RTS battle...

I was sooooo disappointed Tim Shcafer decided to make an RTS game out of this world he created, because everything about it was amazing... except for the gameplay. If anything a PC version of this could have been good. I love Tim Shafer and Metal but I couldn't bring myself to get through the RTS battles with clunky gamepad controls.

[quote name='hypertails02']MSRP now...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='meatwad3000']geez give the guy a break and don't be a douche about it. Maybe he didn't know that this was the current MSRP[/QUOTE]
Considering I only said two words and do not have a reputation for acting like a douche, I do not have intentions to be an obvious douche. I merely just said that the game is MSRP, which it is if you saw the Gamestop thread title on CAG of the identical deal.

On that note, I apologize to the OP if there is a belief I acted like a douche.

And on another note, having played through most of Brutal Legend, it was well worth it when it was on sale for $40 at Best Buy when I bought it, and it will be well worth purchasing at $20. There is a lot of content for a metalhead and real-time RPG gamer could want!

Yeah, there just seems to be something incongruous about a heavy metal world and a strategy/resource game. It starts off so well as a Zelda clone, and then it suddenly decides it wants to be Starcraft. No. :bomb:

Wow.... I think you totally read too much into the "MSRP now" post. I'm sure he probably didn't know it was the MSRP now, which the second poster simply informed him of, as well as everyone else who reads this topic.

[quote name='Fearbeard']Wow.... I think you totally read too much into the "MSRP now" post. I'm sure he probably didn't know it was the MSRP now, which the second poster simply informed him of, as well as everyone else who reads this topic.[/QUOTE]

Not really, when you say somethin with dots at the end like "MSRP now...," it seems like you're sayin somethin that he and everyone should already know by now. It's come off extremely douchy.

For example, if I replied to your post sayin, "He knows..."

finally got around to playing it, didn't realize how similar the gameplay was to overlord, which is a positive in my book

[quote name='miguel2003']GameStop still $39.99... can you tell me where's 19.99?[/QUOTE]

I thought Gamestop started this price drop. Oddly enough, it still shows 39.99 online for GS but its prolly 19.99 in the stores.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Not really, when you say somethin with dots at the end like "MSRP now...," it seems like you're sayin somethin that he and everyone should already know by now. It's come off extremely douchy.

For example, if I replied to your post sayin, "He knows..."[/QUOTE]

Oh my apologies, I thought it was the "MSRP now" part you were reading too much out of, actually it was the "..."

$20 seems about right to me. I'm actually playing through the game right now (renting from GF) and realized that it's "Keep it" price went from $28 to $16 on Monday.

I was tempted to jump on it but now that I know it's MSRP I'm just going to plow through it and get something else.

[quote name='bigredvan14']The RTS elements absolutely killed the game for me. Avoiding spoilers, I either have to be at the final battle, or maybe one before the end, and I just find it so damn frustrating. I stopped playing it about 2 months ago and really have no interest in going back to finish it at the moment.

I like Jack Black, the story is fun, LOVE the music in the game, the game setting is great, and the action and guitar solos are fun. But those RTS battles... ugh...[/QUOTE]

sounds similar to the disparity from night vs day stages in sonic unleashed
...sans hedgehog sporting a true mohawk, sadly.

bread's done
Back