Brutal Legend Rock Band 2 DLC Contest

Royal High Knight

CAGiversary!
Feedback
133 (100%)
Got back from BB where i picked up Brutal Legend for $5 and guess what I found. A dlc code for 3 rock band 2 songs that is said to expire in 2009 but other people have redeemed it today so no need to worry about that.

- The contest consists of 2 things:

1. Prove to me that you have Rock Band 1, 2, or 3 in your game library.
2. Name my favorite movie that Jack Black has starred in.

Contest shall end 7/6/11 around 3 pm eastern.

Good luck to all!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
School of Rock and..

EDIT:

I took a picture of Rock Band 2, 3 and a pie I just baked.

rockbandpie.jpg

1: Search for the gamer tag Insane Dead. I would assume rock band 3 will work for the contest right?
2: School of rock is my favorite movie that he was in.

1. My gamertag is in my sig, and RB3 is a recently played game.

2. The Pick of Destiny. Who doesn't love Tenacious D?

I have Rock Band, Rock Band 2, Rock Band 3, Lego Rock Band, AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack, Green Day: Rock Band, and The Beatles: Rock Band.

Proof:

Favorite movie that Jack Black starred in? The only I one I've seen is School of Rock.

1. My signature pic is a link that will take you to a list of my achievements. Both Rock Band 1 and 3 are on there.
2. Tropic Thunder

Thanks!

[quote name='lightsup55']I have Rock Band, Rock Band 2, Rock Band 3, Lego Rock Band, AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack, Green Day: Rock Band, and The Beatles: Rock Band.

Proof:

Favorite movie that Jack Black starred in? The only I one I've seen is School of Rock.[/QUOTE]
I got all 3 rock bands and ones you mentioned. I also got some of the track packs as well. I even bought over 200 songs on xbox live for the set.

My tag is what i use here and i can always send photos of my stuff. Having them on the list of games played can mean you rented/borrowed/played and sold and other things.

Best movie all of them if you are a true jack black fan! :)

High Fidelity, probably one of his first roles. and a favorite of mine. as for proof....

7cef023a1a00__1309984445000.jpg

img20110705204730.jpg

I own Rock Band 1 and 2 but my girlfriend has those at the moment.

I'd probably say School of Rock.

Also saying look at your gamertag doesn't prove you own Rockband. Just Saying.

Gonna say Nacho Libre.

My Rock Band 2 & 3 are in my backlog pic, as is Brutal Legend (but I didn't get the dlc even though I bought at launch week~ darn thing really dropped in price!)
my%252520stash%2525202011-07-03.jpg

[quote name='Aerc']
img20110705204730.jpg

I own Rock Band 1 and 2 but my girlfriend has those at the moment.

I'd probably say School of Rock.

Also saying look at your gamertag doesn't prove you own Rockband. Just Saying.[/QUOTE]

Neither does your picture, honestly.

My gamertag is KJHall, and I have all three core Rock Band games.

My favorite movie by Jack Black is Tenacious D: The Pick of Destiny, though I like a few other ones.

Thanks for the opportunity!

EDIT: Actually. I noticed you said Best Buy had it for $5, so I'm buying it tomorrow.

Oh, wait, your favorite movie? I thought we were supposed to post our favorite movie. Oh well, what's done is done.

[quote name='Andami']Oh, wait, your favorite movie? I thought we were supposed to post our favorite movie. Oh well, what's done is done.[/QUOTE]

yea I failed there too. still sticking with High Fidelity tho.

Orange County ("Do you want me to get naked and start the revolution")
I have RB3 and Beatles.

having Rock Band in your games played list could mean you only rented it or played it at a buddies, think people. it's not that hard to take a legit pic. also: edited my original post with more legit proof.

[quote name='DerKapitan']having Rock Band in your games played list could mean you only rented it or played it at a buddies, think people. it's not that hard to take a legit pic. also: edited my original post with more legit proof.[/QUOTE]

Trouble is that I am at work without game or camera.

Plus pic isn't proof either, you could go to a friend's house and take a pic or a game store.

I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but I would highly suggest the OP double-check the code on his Xbox to make sure it's still valid. I remember seeing the special Best Buy copies of Brutal Legend a while back and the packaging said that DLC code expired December 31, 2009. :hot:

Here's a random Ebay auction if anyone cares:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-EA-BRUTAL-L...3302?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item415b64e5b6

Zoom in on the picture and check the bottom-right side of the case. :whistle2:#

If the code still miraculously works, don't hesitate to let everyone know. Just wanted to put that info out there before the (possible) winner ended up being disappointed.

[quote name='FreeStuffFan85']I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but I would highly suggest the OP double-check the code on his Xbox to make sure it's still valid. I remember seeing the special Best Buy copies of Brutal Legend a while back and the packaging said that DLC code expired December 31, 2009. :hot:

Here's a random Ebay auction if anyone cares:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-EA-BRUTAL-L...3302?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item415b64e5b6

Zoom in on the picture and check the bottom-right side of the case. :whistle2:#

If the code still miraculously works, don't hesitate to let everyone know. Just wanted to put that info out there before the (possible) winner ended up being disappointed.[/QUOTE]

There are people who have posted yesterday July 5th that they were able to redeem the code. I will announce the winner in 2 hours.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']There are people who have posted yesterday July 5th that they were able to redeem the code. I will announce the winner in 2 hours.[/QUOTE]

Well, color me surprised...and a little embarrassed. :oops: Just thought I'd put the info out there. Sometimes MS is strict with those expiration dates, and sometimes they're just mentioned for the heck of it. This is the first I've heard of those Rock Band codes still being valid. :hot:

My apologies for the interruption. Good luck to the winner. :)

Well what about all the rockband hardware people??? :) I got 2 drums 5 guitars and keyboard and one of the guitars is the expensive new ones to learn how to play a real guitar. I have yet to start through.

I do not care if i win or not but this topic was fun.

Rock band owns and doubt many people bought as much rockband songs from the marketplace. I got to get back into jamming out with the goodies.

Gamertag: thirty BlackMen (I own Rock band, rock band 2, Beatles rock band, lego rock band and rock band 3).
Favorite movie: Tie between Nacho Libre and Be Kind Rewind!

[quote name='jlazenby1']bh47 Im very jealous of your game collection :p[/QUOTE]

it's what happens when u become a CAG. Hear about too many good deals, and next thing ya know -BAM!!!

[quote name='eldergias']Wow, that is an awesome prize bundle. Congrats on winning. Though for LOLZ I would like to point out that we don't necessarily know that you are Khris Davis of Kansas.

Essentially, any proof on the internet is questionable, some just more so than others.[/QUOTE]

lol fair enough sir. fair enough.

And Our winner is............ louiedog.

He guessed correctly and picked tropic thunder as my favorite jack black movie. I do love the pick of destiney but tropic thunder was funnier and better in my opinion. Like I said you still have 2 days to get your own copy of this great game for $5 so get out there and get a copy.

bread's done
Back