BSG: Razor $10 at Borders - Confirmed!

leshrac55

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I didn't get it myself, but my fiancee just picked up Battlestar Galactica: Razor for only $10 at Borders. I asked if it was a "Clearance" item and she said "No, it was just on the shelf." I checked the website, and while their price is fairly decent on the website ($13.99), obviously, $10 is even better.

So, I have no clue if this is nationwide in-store, or if just a lucky price break at a single store. Good luck!

Minor Edit-

For those wondering, this was at the Borders in Evanston, IL.

Edit 2-

A couple other posters have apparently confirmed the deal, so if you've been waiting for a good price on it, now's your chance!

Last edited by a moderator:
It isn't YMMV, and it isn't on clearance; it's just a regular old nationwide sale. I don't know how much longer it is going to last, though. Some other recognizable titles are $10 on it, too, like Across the Universe, Once, The Sound of Music, and maybe a couple dozen others.

Hmm, I might have to check this out then. Gotta tie myself over somehow until they continue the last season! What a fracking cliffhanger ending.

Confirmed at Borders in Geneva, IL. It should be noted that this is the Unrated, Extended edition.
Very happy to find it at $10. Just need to find Season 3 cheap.

For all of us BSG noobs, Whats the order to watch the series in?

I know theres this razor, and the 2003 miniseries, and the full seasons... Thanks.

[quote name='Lice']For all of us BSG noobs, Whats the order to watch the series in?

I know theres this razor, and the 2003 miniseries, and the full seasons... Thanks.[/quote]
Without ruining much, it's after 2.0 (maybe a little bit of 2.5? I can't remember). It's basically a side story of a different (but important) character.

It may not make much sense until you finish Season 2.0.

[quote name='Lice']For all of us BSG noobs, Whats the order to watch the series in?

I know theres this razor, and the 2003 miniseries, and the full seasons... Thanks.[/quote]

Well, if you want to watch the order in which they were produced, watch Seasons 1 through 3, then Razor, then the first half of Season 4. Since Razor is a side story, it probably doesn't really make a difference whether you watch it in the chronological order of the episodes or not. There are some aspects of it that you may appreciate more if you watch S3 first.

The Miniseries is included with the Season 1 DVDs.

Considering season 4 made Razor completely pointless it doesn't matter when you watch it. There is only one line that the movie is good for. The movie is fine, but it is useless and you know how it ends right away, just look who is on the box.

Picked my copy up yesterday in store in Freehold, NJ. No advertisement at all whatsoever.

Even had the original 26.99 price on it when the Borders employee pulled it from the glass case that was locked for me. I asked him if it was on-sale and he says if it doesn't have a sticker on it, it probably isn't. I asked him to indulge me and scan it. He goes over to his 'puter, and it scanned at 9.99. He goes "well looky here, it WAS on sale" LMAO

bread's done
Back