Bubba Smith, dead at 66.

GuilewasNK

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
http://www.tmz.com/2011/08/03/bubba...ltimore-colts-oakland-raiders-houston-oilers/

Charles "Bubba" Smith -- star of the "Police Academy" movies and the NFL -- was found dead today in his Los Angeles home. He was 66 years old.

Law enforcement officials tell TMZ ... LAPD received a 911 call at 12:54PM today -- and officers responded to his home in the Baldwin Hills area. The fire department also responded and we're told Smith was dead when authorities arrived.

The L.A. County Coroner is on the scene investigating. We're told, at this point, authorities think he died of natural causes.

Bubba spent 9 seasons in the NFL -- playing for the Baltimore Colts, Oakland Raiders, and Houston Oilers.

He won Super Bowl V with the Colts -- but is most famous for his role as the giant and loveable Moses Hightower in 6 of the "Police Academy" movies.

[quote name='DestroVega']"move it.. move it... move it.... to heaven."

RIP Lt. Hightower[/QUOTE]

It was because of him that I got the nickname of "Hightower" in school.

man he will be missed grwoing up police academy was the shit hell the first few still hold up imo. kinda creepy since they had a marathon of these just this past weekend. its a funny thing how many young kids saw those movies uncensored doubt itd ever happen in this day and age of political correctness.

[quote name='diddy310']Commandant Lassard is going to outlive the entire force. (He's 94 now)[/QUOTE]

hes on the closer now right?

I only saw the first Police Academy and never saw him play NFL ball, but I'll always remember him as Spare Tire Dixon from Married with Children. That episode was awesome. Good call GuilewasNK.

So a jewish kid goes up to his dad asks and asks him if he can borrow 50 dollars and his dad says "40 dollars? What do you need 30 dollars for?".

Thats as much as I care when a celebrity dies, is to tell a jew joke because celeb worship in our society is sickening. Where are the threads of the thousands of other people who died the same day he did? Oh wait, they dont exsist because in this country unless your famous your nobody and no one cares unless your in a movie or on a tv show or have a album in stores then your worth giving a bunch of fake and vapid pity for thats hollow and just given out so you feel like your showing you really care.

^ Oh shut the fuck up already. You're like a broken record with this shit. Why don't you put your money where your mouth is and just post random obituaries from your local paper. Then get all pissed because people don't post in your threads feigning grief for total strangers.

[quote name='gargus']So a jewish kid goes up to his dad asks and asks him if he can borrow 50 dollars and his dad says "40 dollars? What do you need 30 dollars for?".

Thats as much as I care when a celebrity dies, is to tell a jew joke because celeb worship in our society is sickening. Where are the threads of the thousands of other people who died the same day he did? Oh wait, they dont exsist because in this country unless your famous your nobody and no one cares unless your in a movie or on a tv show or have a album in stores then your worth giving a bunch of fake and vapid pity for thats hollow and just given out so you feel like your showing you really care.[/QUOTE]

rush1at6.jpg

:roll:

[quote name='GuilewasNK']This was one of my favorite Bubba Smith moments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BJ7-_-omnU[/QUOTE]

Al : There were the final two players, yours truly, and a player from Andrew Johnson High named Spare Tire Dixon. You know why he had that nickname Spare Tire?

Bud : Why? Because he was fat?

Al : No, because he wore an actual sized one in a gold chain around his neck.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Aw, sad. He and my father were apparently friends in college.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but that's probably one of those stories like my dad tells, like how he was in Vietnam, but wasn't. "I was a tunnel rat, knee deep in the bush during the Battle of Poon Tang." He also played for the Detroit Red Wings.

bread's done
Back