Budget Wii titles (back to) $15.99 at Costco - Sonic, SSX Blur, etc.

callmesteam

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Costco is carrying a new SKU of budget priced Wii titles for $15.99 each. There are some decent titles this time around though.

Titles include:

- Sonic and the Secret Rings
- SSX Blur
- Sega Bass Fishing
- Cars
- Winter Sports The Ultimate Challenge
- Mercury Meltdown:Revolution
- Spongebob Squarepants Creature from the Krusty Krab
- MonkeyBall:Banana Blitz
- Code Lyoko:Quest for Infinity
- Arctic Tale

There might have been another one or two... I can confirm tomorrow if so. Not bad as most of those are still at a $29.99 MSRP. They were marked with a street date of 3/14, so they should be in stock at most locations.

Also check out the thread on $10.99 budget DS titles and $14.99 Xbox 360 titles, if you're interested...

Thanks h3llbring3r for your additional help.

[quote name='naes']SSX Blur is a great game. I spent $20 on it, new, and it was worth it.[/QUOTE]
really? And to think i was going to buy it at $30.(but no costco's in Manhatten) Sonic was worth it at $20, so it's definiatly worth the 10.99 price.

[quote name='leehom']was just at costco, the games are $15.99 here :([/quote] they should scan at $10.99. the sale just started today, and as such the new signs just came out today. they might not be posted yet.

and rarely do they relabel each individual item during a rebate.

this is in houston. i took the games to the cashier. last copy of sonic and only a few copies of ssx blur left. she scanned it and they were $15.99 each. for $11, i'll purchase it because i'll only play it once, but for $16 i won't.

i'll try again in the morning, i want them, but not $16 worth. those two and i think one other game was $15.99. slim pickings here :(

I'm not trading.... I'm asking for assistance. ;) I just received a reply and all business will be conducted via PM, so NYAH! :whistle2:$

Now had I scored a bunch of games and offered them up in here, that would be a major party foul.

For anyone concerned if there are no signs up, I double-checked at my store and was told that all the games marked $15.99 are included - they changed the price tags only on the sale games.

Thanks for the post, OP. I've looked at the crap they've had at Costco for months and never saw anything worthwhile until it became cheap enough for my cheapassness. I was at Costco this morning and didn't see the sign for this sale because it was tucked inside the display case. I never would have known if it weren't for you.

Got the last copies of Sega Bass Fishing and Winter Sports. They seem to have been the most popular.

Anyone see any of these titles in Southern California yet? I checked two Costco locations earlier this evening and other than the Nights rebate, they had nothing.

[quote name='bojay1997']Anyone see any of these titles in Southern California yet? I checked two Costco locations earlier this evening and other than the Nights rebate, they had nothing.[/quote]

which locations?

The Southern California Irvine Costco had Sonic, SSX, Winter Sports, Avatar, and Arctic Tale. I was hoping for Monkey Ball also but ah well.

SSX Blur is great; picked it up for $15 at the last Black Friday at Best Buy. For the gestures; do them SLOWLY. Also, actually start playing a course, pause the game, and there's a complete practice mode for the gestures themselves. Be sure to find it. (It's really, really hidden.)

I'd love to nab Sonic at that price.

Tried and failed. Signs were up, but not a 15.99 game in sight. :cry:

Update: Costco #2 paid off with Bass Fishing and SSX Blur, but no Mercury Meltdown.

[quote name='SideScroller']Tried and failed. Signs were up, but not a 15.99 game in sight. :cry:[/QUOTE]

I almost had the same experience. My closest Costco had a HUGE cardboard endcap setup just for the $15.99 Wii games right next to the one for Brawl. The thing was mostly a mass of blank white emptiness though they did have a couple of SSX Blur and Code Lyoko. Then I went to another store 6 miles away and even though they had the same setup with the price (including instant rebate) clearly displayed, they had pretty much everything.

The prices are almost not cheap enough for me, but I did get SSX Blur and SpongeBob that I will probably keep as my kids are interested in those. If it was just for me I probably would have passed on them all (Sonic is clearly the cream of the crop but I already have that). I did pick up an extra Sonic, though, if anyone wants it - it's going to be around the pre-discount price though with PayPal fees/shipping, so consider that before you send me a PM ;).

Im going to go pick up Sega Bass Fishing & Sonic tomorrow...The rest i might pick up for flipping...Are any of these worth flipping?

[quote name='jazzman']Do the games have different item #'s or is it one generic # for all bargain titles?[/QUOTE]

Hmmm... Interesting quesiton - looking at my receipts, they are the same item # but different UPCs. The Costco sticker on the front with the item # has the UPC of the game on it but on the receipt they all look the same.

All my Costco had was SSX Blur.

I bought 3, and would like to trade 2 of them straight up for Sonic and MonkeyBall.

PM Me if you are interested!

Thanks so much to the OP and everyone that contributed! Managed to get MonkeyBall, Mercury Meltdown and Bass Fishing for around $36 after tax and everything!

[quote name='rcaido']I got an extra SSX & Monkeyball...Looking for Sonic Wii & Puzzle Quest DS...[/QUOTE]

I think someone might have misread/mistyped the title. My local Costco had tons of Jewel Quest, but no Puzzle Quests to be found. :(

Would these make a profit if you traded them into Gamestop while they did a special deal like $10 with 2 Wii games or 25% bonus trade in?

[quote name='J7.']Would these make a profit if you traded them into Gamestop while they did a special deal like $10 with 2 Wii games or 25% bonus trade in?[/quote]
Not enough to really make it worthwhile, especially if you have sales tax. Absolute best-case scenario with a $10 bonus and you're still only up $5/game minus gas and time.

From the Wiki:
SSX Blur - $10 - 10/9/07
Super Monkey Ball : Banana Blitz - $11 - 8/6/07
Sonic and the Secret Rings - $10 - 10/16/07
SpongeBob Creature from the Krusty Krab - $11 - 4/13/07

You get the idea...

I'm going to keep trying to stock up to help people here - got an extra SSX last night and maybe a Sonic (pending). If I have time tomorrow I'm making another run, so PM any requests (I'm not promising anything; I may get stuck in meetings all day)

[quote name='mephitical']Not enough to really make it worthwhile, especially if you have sales tax. Absolute best-case scenario with a $10 bonus and you're still only up $5/game minus gas and time.

From the Wiki:
SSX Blur - $10 - 10/9/07
Super Monkey Ball : Banana Blitz - $11 - 8/6/07
Sonic and the Secret Rings - $10 - 10/16/07
SpongeBob Creature from the Krusty Krab - $11 - 4/13/07

You get the idea...

I'm going to keep trying to stock up to help people here - got an extra SSX last night and maybe a Sonic (pending). If I have time tomorrow I'm making another run, so PM any requests (I'm not promising anything; I may get stuck in meetings all day)[/quote]
i'm interested in the ssx :)

I think someone might have misread/mistyped the title. My local Costco had tons of Jewel Quest, but no Puzzle Quests to be found. :(
No typo... It's Puzzle Quest. That was my favorite game of 2007 and I nearly bought it just to give to a friend. Oddly, we do not have, or have ever had, Jewel Quest.

Picked up: Sonic, SSX, Monkey Ball from the Costco in Irvine. Thanks OP!

I'm up on the fence about Sonic after reading the reviews on IGN. This one may go back.

If anyone can pick up a spare Sonic and/or SSX, please CML (a little outdated, lots of guides from GC and BB drops this year not listed).

Anybody who didn't see the games at their Costco should check around the entire store. My Costco had a few of the sale games in the usual electronics area but there was a box on the other side of the store with an abundance of every game listed in the OP.

[quote name='callmesteam']No typo... It's Puzzle Quest. That was my favorite game of 2007 and I nearly bought it just to give to a friend. Oddly, we do not have, or have ever had, Jewel Quest.[/QUOTE]

Just my luck that my local Costco would be the only one to carry Jewel Quest >_

Got Sega Bass fishing, Mercury Meltdown and Super Monkey Ball. I got what seemed to be the last copies of each of these at the Costco in Glenview, IL. I am going to check the one in Niles after work looking for SSX Blur. Thank you OP!

Edit: I got SSX Blur in the Niles store. Seems like most of the good Wii titles are basically sold through at both locations.

I've got an extra Sonic if anyone wants it. There's not a lot I'm looking to trade for now (got pretty much all I need thanks to CAG ;)).

bread's done
Back