Budget Wii titles (back to) $15.99 at Costco - Sonic, SSX Blur, etc.

callmesteam

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
Costco is carrying a new SKU of budget priced Wii titles for $15.99 each. There are some decent titles this time around though.

Titles include:

- Sonic and the Secret Rings
- SSX Blur
- Sega Bass Fishing
- Cars
- Winter Sports The Ultimate Challenge
- Mercury Meltdown:Revolution
- Spongebob Squarepants Creature from the Krusty Krab
- MonkeyBall:Banana Blitz
- Code Lyoko:Quest for Infinity
- Arctic Tale

There might have been another one or two... I can confirm tomorrow if so. Not bad as most of those are still at a $29.99 MSRP. They were marked with a street date of 3/14, so they should be in stock at most locations.

Also check out the thread on $10.99 budget DS titles and $14.99 Xbox 360 titles, if you're interested...

Thanks h3llbring3r for your additional help.

[quote name='leehom']the games are still $15.99 at my costco. i guess they must've missed the memo.[/quote]

Did they actually scan it into a computer or did you just not read the thread? Cause either of those would have alerted you to this being a chain-wide sale, sign or not (least that's what a friend said that works there).

I guess it could be that you live near the worst Costco in the world...

Unless you went to Costco-MartClub, the knock-off brand warehouse retailer, where you can purchase a Nintendo Whee. The prices on Sonic and Bass Fishing may have been $15.99 there and their stores are easy to confuse with the real thing...:D

I tease, but seriously, have them scan them in a register.

[quote name='Darthjer']I tease, but seriously, have them scan them in a register.[/quote]
If you read my post prior to the previous one, yes. I took it to the cashier and had her scan it. It still came up as $15.99, twice. :cold:

[quote name='eldergamer']why in the hell would anyone want super bass fishing? real fishing is boring enough, plus it's outdoors.[/quote]
It's worth every penny. Having now played it, I probably would have paid the retail price. It's both relaxing and exciting and in arcade mode makes you feel like you're in the arcade. If only there was a way to combine it with Endless Ocean, I'd have a perfect game. And lots of inner turmoil. Watch the fish or catch the fish? What to do?
If you want a copy of Sega Bass,
I have one left, and I can sell it for $18-$20 paypal depending onyour zip code. PM me.

[quote name='sp00ge']It's a great excuse to get drunk in the middle of the day. And now with this game, you don't have to risk that DUI, or passing out and drowning in a lake. :D.[/quote]

:cool:

[quote name='mephitical']They had those at mine too! I got a bunch more, here's what's unclaimed (1 trade pending):
:wii: 2 Sega Bass
:wii: Sonic

And for myself:
:wii: Cheese Pizza Slice
:wii: Berry Smoothie[/quote]

good snag man

...on the pizza and drink that is.
b/c (judging from whats been said about these games) that may have been the better deal :)

[quote name='latinsword']
b/c (judging from whats been said about these games) that may have been the better deal :)[/quote]

I've got to say, I feel like I got my money's worth on these. Sega Bass fishing is really fun and well-produced. SSX Blur is fantastic and obviously had a lot of effort put into it. I haven't tried Winter Sports yet, but I know a few people who own it and all of them praise it for what it is. Same with Sonic. I already owned Mercury Meltdown and it's really good, definitely worth $11.

I did pass on Monkey Ball though; by all accounts it's just not my thing.

[quote name='leehom']If you read my post prior to the previous one, yes. I took it to the cashier and had her scan it. It still came up as $15.99, twice. :cold:[/quote]

Touché. Pm'd you.

Thanks OP! Picked up Sonic Wii and Puzzle Quest DS since a friend who had a membership was going there that day.

[quote name='mephitical']I've got to say, I feel like I got my money's worth on these. Sega Bass fishing is really fun and well-produced. SSX Blur is fantastic and obviously had a lot of effort put into it. I haven't tried Winter Sports yet, but I know a few people who own it and all of them praise it for what it is. Same with Sonic. I already owned Mercury Meltdown and it's really good, definitely worth $11.

I did pass on Monkey Ball though; by all accounts it's just not my thing.[/quote]
give Winter Sports a try! it was actually you who convinced me to pick it up, and its pretty fun. its ugly as hell, but the events are fun alone and really fun vs. another human player. curling sucks.

Sonic and the Secret Rings is a good $30-$40 game (my review is here), and a steal at the Costco clearance. It's certainly leagues better than the Sonic for the PS3/XBox 360. I'm hoping Sega tweaks the gameplay a bit and do a Secret Rings sequel.

--R.J.

[quote name='callmesteam']give Winter Sports a try! it was actually you who convinced me to pick it up, and its pretty fun. its ugly as hell, but the events are fun alone and really fun vs. another human player. curling sucks.[/quote]
I'm actually really excited about it - I was waiting for this weekend to try it. My parents and sibling are coming to visit and they love playing Wii. I'm glad to hear yet another positive review for it.

[quote name='h2dk']no dice at my Costco (no budget Wii games)[/quote]

They were in stock today...
scored

Sonic
Cars
Monkeyball
Winter Games
SSX Blur

(2 kids w/ birthdays in April)

anybody have an extra Sega Bass Fishing they want to trade for Monkeyball, Winter Games or SSX?

I grabbed sonic rings, passed on SSX and cooking mama, couldn't find NY crossword puzzle, which was my main want. At least i got some pizza

Thanks OP, picked up SSX Blur yesterday. I'll probably go back tomorrow to pickup Sonic and the Secret Rings and Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz as well.

Yeah was able to pick up Puzzle Quest & New York Crossword...They didn't have these the first time i went...So be on the look out everyone...

I went to 4 Costco's on Friday and here is a rundown from memory.

Signal Hill: Not much of anything. A few Sonics, and Code Lykos and a few of the really crappy DS titles.

Cypress: Had most of the game but Monkey Ball of all things. Had a ton of the DS titles.

Norwalk: Sonic, Code, Winter Sports, No Monkey.

Hawthorn (The one off the 405 and Rosecrans: I think they had all of the games.

So when all was said and done I picked up Mercury Meltdown, Monkey Ball, SEGA Bass Fishing, and I got lucky and found the only copy of Disney Meteos for the DS. A good day indeed. :D

bread's done
Back