Buffy Season 8: The Comic

Stoneage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
If this is old news, please blah blah blah...

From Amazon Plog:

More than three years after ending its run on TV, Buffy the Vampire Slayer is back. But not as a TV show -- as a comic book.

Even though it won't be on television, show creator Joss Whedon explained things to TV Guide yesterday. Here's a sampling:

TVGuide.com: How many issues will there be? And how many are you writing?

Whedon: The season should run between 20 and 30 issues, I'm guessing. It has, like the [TV] seasons did, an overriding story with an ending point. I'll be writing the beginning, the first four, the last four, and I'll definitely be doing some others. I have a bunch of other writers — comic-book heavies and former writers from the show — who are going to write the other issues. I'll be overseeing the whole thing, and they've all got my giant mission statement about what the giant arc is about.

TVGuide.com: What is the giant arc about?

Whedon: I'm not going to tell you that. But I can tell you that it's about the ramifications of everything that happened in Season 7. At the end of the show, Buffy made every girl who might be a potential vampire slayer into a fully realized slayer with all the remembered history and powers, so she's made a big change in the way the world works. The comic will be dealing with that when we pick up the story several months later.

Generally, I'm dubious about this kind of thing. I'm past the "any (insert iconic pop culture favorite here) is good (insert iconic pop culture favorite here)." But I need to remember that a comic book just can't be the same experience as a show (and embrace the differences of the medium).

I love Joss enough to try! Meanwhile, I'm enjoying some of my favorite episodes via download at Amazon Unbox. (It's fun to see how it all began with Welcome to the Hellmouth. Or, if you're in the mood for a laugh, try Ted, guest-starring the dear, departed John Ritter.)

-- Stephanie, Amazon Screening Room

i will never understand buffy or why it's popular

not slamming anyone who likes it

but i've had so many friends tell me i would LOVE it and it's just not entertaining to me at all

*shrug*

PKRipp3r, you should give the show another try. You would LOVE it.

Sorry, just kidding.

Actually though, I do love the show, and pretty much have enjoyed the hell out of everything Joss Whedon has done. I'm not a huge comic book guy, but have read the Astonishing X-Men stuff he's written and really loved it, so I'll definitely check these comics out. Thanks for the heads up, Stoneage.

[quote name='Danimal']PKRipp3r, you should give the show another try. You would LOVE it.

Sorry, just kidding.

Actually though, I do love the show, and pretty much have enjoyed the hell out of everything Joss Whedon has done. I'm not a huge comic book guy, but have read the Astonishing X-Men stuff he's written and really loved it, so I'll definitely check these comics out. Thanks for the heads up, Stoneage.[/QUOTE]

i have heard the x-men stuff was good

i'm sure he's super talented

that show just bounces off my brain

myabe i'ym not smrt enuf

[quote name='PKRipp3r']i have heard the x-men stuff was good

myabe i'ym not smrt enuf[/quote]
Have you watched either firefly or angel? maybe give those a try since they sort of have a different feel to them.

[quote name='PKRipp3r']i have heard the x-men stuff was good

myabe i'ym not smrt enuf[/quote]

His run on Astonishing X-men was beyond just good. It was phenomenal. The best X-Men I have read in years.

[quote name='Scrubsy']Have you watched either firefly or angel? maybe give those a try since they sort of have a different feel to them.[/QUOTE]

Yea I loved buffy and angel but wa skind of blah on firefly, so i can understand how you wouldn't get one of his shows

bread's done
Back