Building a Gaming PC

Trollsmeesh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
69 (100%)
Help T_T

I need some input, I wana keep it as cheap as possible while still being able to smoke the xbox one and ps4. These parts don't need to include displays (but I want to have the option of having 3 monitors hooked up at once) or keyboard/mouses.  I also think I have a tower that I am going to use. (I'll include a picture later, its a huge cool steel tower.)

Where do I even start? I recently decided to start selling the majority of my console collection to fund the rediscovery of my love for PC gaming.

Help T_T

Sign up for newegg and check the tuesday email sales.  I recently made this move to and you can easily upgrade a PC to compete with next gen consoles.  Itll pay off in the long run when you buy the games cheaper over steam and save that way.

For sure, I'll sign up. Any ideas on where to start as far as parts? I have a video card in a box somewhere that a friend gave me but not sure if its any good, I'll post spefs in a bit.

Before you do anything, you need to know about the in's and outs of your motherboard, the compatibility of anything you buy has to go threw it.  I always recommend the most ram and best speed ram you can find.  Only your motherboard specifications can tell you what that is.  

Alright...good to know, thank you. Do you have a motherboard you would recommend?? Not sure what quality I need to get to be able to play all the games I want to. Do I need to find one with an on board video card? Thank you again.

Slickdeals has a solid PC builder thread you should check out.  Without knowing your budget it's a bit hard to give direct advice.  An on-board video card will not be able to support 3 monitors and will likely not come close to clean 1080p graphics - so you should be looking for one without. 

bread's done
Back