Sleepkyng

CAGiversary!
Feedback
49 (100%)
e2180 proc oc'd to 3.0ghz
2 gigs of 800 mhz ram
evga 8800gs superclocked

so...

i got that thar orangebox and snored my way through bioshock.

can you guys recommend me non fps or mmorpg games?

maybe a good fun rts or some oddball games?

ok or even a really solid fps.

cheers.

Well Mass Effect does have some 3rd person, GOW style shooting, but it's excellent.

The Witcher is also supposed to be phenomenal, but I haven't gotten around to playing it yet. The patches apparently fix basically everything that people complained about in the initial release. Another good RPG choice is Neverwinter Nights 2. Get the gold edition as it contains the original and the expansion.

I haven't played much of it, but if you want a really, really good (and time consuming RTS), check out Sins of a Solar Empire. People universally love that game it seems.

[quote name='a_bleak_tomorrow']company of heroes or dawn of war for rts[/QUOTE]

I will second these. If you go with Company of Heroes, get the Gold Edition which includes the Opposing Fronts standalone expansion pack.

I still need to play my copy of the Company of Heroes games, but yeah, Dawn of War is ace. Dark Crusade is definitely my favorite installment, but they're all worth having.

Sins of a Solar Empire and the total war series (Rome and Medieval 2) are all great RTS games that concentrate a bit more on management and tactics than micromanagement (Company of Heroes and Dawn of War are both great games too, though).

You should also check out World In Conflict, I just started playing it and, man it's fun. I personally think it has a great storyline, and it's another solid rts to go with Company of Heroes. Also, Call of Duty 4 multiplayer is like crack to me, so you might wanna check that out as well, it's definitely a solid fps

I second the time-consuming comment about Sins of a Solar Empire. I had a game against cpus in a previous version that went to twenty hours.

Granted, I was playing on a ten-player map just for the heck of it...

Anyway, other good games are Civilization IV and Warcraft 3 with the expansion.

Devil May Cry 4 is coming out on PC, definitely check out the demo at least. You'd be able to max that shit out at a real high resolution. It's one of tne of the finer 360 to PC ports. I'll be honest and say I haven't played the other DMC games but I was curious and played the demo of 4 and think it's awesome so far.

As for FPS, I think the best I've played are Battlefield 2 and Call of Duty 4 (both single and multiplayer), can't go wrong with those. COD4 appears much less bug filled of the two and I doubt you'll really get any crashes playing that.

EDIT: It looks like DICE are working on a new patch for BF2, let's hope it fixes all those annoying bugs without fucking with the gameplay.

bread's done
Back