Bulletstorm PC on sale at IGN PC Store for about $25

How does their DRM and limitations set compare to what is essentially their twin site, D2D? The sidebar just says "own for life" but that is vague. The attempt at sex appeal also does nothing to answer the concern, IGN.

Are ALL of their games in your D2D account, can you just use that one?

http://pcstore.ign.com/staticpage.aspx?topic=tos

Edit: this hoopla/wall of text doesn't do anything but inflate the matter into fluff. None of it seems to answer directly, so if a fellow CAG can summarize their experiences with IGN's store/limitations/reliability from a consumer standpoint...Thanks in advance.

Sounds like it is a GFWL (Games for Windows Live) d/l, probably not Steam activatable (GFWL downloads never seem to work with Steam). Easy pass on this one, I'll wait for Steam which I consider to be the most reliable digital store.

I got Medal of Honor for them when it was on sale, and everything was fine...it seems to actually link in with D2D actually - same login info, and when I go to the My Games thing from IGN PC Store it shows all the games I've bought on D2D there too.

Gonna pass on this one though - it looks like it might be fun, but it also doesn't sound like there's much story or reason behind anything (from what I've heard anyway) just random shooting...not my cup of tea for that price. I'll get it when it drops under $10 somewhere.

Nice price, but since I have Crysis 2, am hopelessly addicted to Rift, and have a huge backlog, I think I'll pass. Will probably hit $9.99 somewhere by the end of the year, I can wait.

[quote name='xplocvo']Nice price, but since I have Crysis 2, am hopelessly addicted to Rift, and have a huge backlog, I think I'll pass. Will probably hit $9.99 somewhere by the end of the year, I can wait.[/QUOTE]

How is Crysis 2?

[quote name='bigant262']How is Crysis 2?[/QUOTE]

I've only briefly played the multiplayer due to the aforementioned Rift addiction. But what I played was pretty fun. I need to tweak my mouse sensitivity though, the default settings feel a bit more sluggish than Black Ops.

After beating Bulletstorm a few days ago I would say that it's worth about 20 bucks. I had fun but, the single player was around 7 hours long at the most. Didn't try the co op horde mode.

[quote name='xplocvo']I've only briefly played the multiplayer due to the aforementioned Rift addiction. But what I played was pretty fun. I need to tweak my mouse sensitivity though, the default settings feel a bit more sluggish than Black Ops.[/QUOTE]

How is rift!!!

[quote name='Nastrodamous']How is rift!!![/QUOTE]

Ha, hate to sidetrack the thread any more, but it's great so far. It's not very original at all, but it is super polished for having just recently launched. It plays a lot like WoW but with way better graphics. I'm level 36 at the moment, so I don't know how the endgame content is. But the Rifts and world invasions are cool, I very much enjoy being out questing when a rift opens up and you auto-group with other people in the area to close it. The quests are getting a bit repetitive in that they are basically the same type of thing over and over. But if I break that up with dungeons, crafting, or just walking around and doing rifts, then it isn't so tedious.

bread's done
Back