Bungie.net Forums

diggityjones

CAGiversary!
For you XBox Livers out there, I have a special request. Bungie often checks their forums for ideas of how to update the playlist, quickmatches, and other online options for Halo 2.

By the way, I'm sorry this isn't in the OFFICIAL Halo 2 Topic, but I'm looking for some help from the CAGs out there.

If you've played any of the Team games in Optimatch on Halo 2, you may have noticed how non-competitive some of the games can be. Capture the Flag, Bomb, King of the Hill, Territories, etc can only be played well if there is a longer time limit. The system drops you in a huge board that take 30 seconds just to cross and gives you a 2 minute time limit for CTF. Most games either end in a tie or with one team scoring once. This does not allow for the comeback win.

Anyway, I've been playing system link Halo for years and have tested this theory. Strategy would come into play more if there were a little more time for each match or no time limit with a scoring cap to reach. Trust me.

If anyone agrees, can you please post on Bungie's forums to get this fixed?

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

I may post when I get off work since I can't get there now, but yeah they definitely need to work on the Big Team Battles a bit.

It would be nice if they let the party with the largest members choose the time limit, or something like that.

But yeah, CTF doesn't have enough time at all. I would rather have no time limit like you said.

I dont agree with the "no time limit" cap, but I do think that the default limits should be raised on some maps. All too often, "strategy" boils down to rushing the base. If the rush is sucessful, you score. If not, you best hope that you have enough time to do it one more time.

So I agree, and disagree. Bungie should raise the time limit on the larger boards.

I think giving us the option to play with or without the time limit is a great idea, or even just the option setting our own time limits to2, 5 or 10 minutes could be a solution.

No Time Limit is a Bad Idea.

I played in a match before with unlimited time (Custom Game) and it took over an hour just for us to capture the flags neccessary to end the game.

We were very evenly matched teams.

I think the idea of adding a few minutes to the time might be good but no more than 5 minutes a round per team.

You guys need to get this dialogue going on the Bungie forums.

You may not agree with me about time limits but everyone seems to agree that there needs to be something done to extend it.

zewone
PostPosted: November 17, 2004, 5:56 pm Post subject:
I don't agree sorry. I can win in just as much time as they give me. And many people would quit if there was no time limit because it could take anywhere from 1-3 hours if the teams were both good to score 3 points.

I also feel cheated when I keep playing games that end in a tie. I can rule on Rumble Pit, but I prefer team games. The CTF sucks if both teams score in the time allowed.

I feel I'm up there with the best of them. Some games might take a little longer but the satisfaction would also last longer. If people were just quiting these games than their rankings would reflect it.

The current system is like Halo for people with ADD.

[quote name='flybrione']No Time Limit is a Bad Idea.

I played in a match before with unlimited time (Custom Game) and it took over an hour just for us to capture the flags neccessary to end the game.

I think the idea of adding a few minutes to the time might be good but no more than 5 minutes a round per team.[/quote]

Personally, that is the kind of game I like. It is the kind we used to have when playing over the LAN and it is still what I expect from a CTF game.

[quote name='diggityjones']For you XBox Livers out there, I have a special request. Bungie often checks their forums for ideas of how to update the playlist, quickmatches, and other online options for Halo 2.

By the way, I'm sorry this isn't in the OFFICIAL Halo 2 Topic, but I'm looking for some help from the CAGs out there.

If you've played any of the Team games in Optimatch on Halo 2, you may have noticed how non-competitive some of the games can be. Capture the Flag, Bomb, King of the Hill, Territories, etc can only be played well if there is a longer time limit. The system drops you in a huge board that take 30 seconds just to cross and gives you a 2 minute time limit for CTF. Most games either end in a tie or with one team scoring once. This does not allow for the comeback win.

Anyway, I've been playing system link Halo for years and have tested this theory. Strategy would come into play more if there were a little more time for each match or no time limit with a scoring cap to reach. Trust me.

If anyone agrees, can you please post on Bungie's forums to get this fixed?

Thanks for taking the time to read this post.[/quote]
I disagree. Though I will say that CTF and Assault should not end in ties, or at least be extended longer before giving a tie.

[quote name='diggityjones']Sorry about the confusing last post. I'm not sure how to include a quote yet.[/quote]

Like this. Just look for
icon_quote.gif
on the right hand side of the post you want to quote.

[quote name='dcfox'][quote name='diggityjones']Sorry about the confusing last post. I'm not sure how to include a quote yet.[/quote]

Like this. Just look for
icon_quote.gif
on the right hand side of the post you want to quote.[/quote]

Hey, it worked. Thanks

[quote name='Tromack'][quote name='flybrione']No Time Limit is a Bad Idea.

I think the idea of adding a few minutes to the time might be good but no more than 5 minutes a round per team.[/quote]

Personally, that is the kind of game I like. It is the kind we used to have when playing over the LAN and it is still what I expect from a CTF game.[/quote]

Right on!!! I like a battle. Real strategy. Let it slowly unfold or allow for the comeback.

I say why not give a 30 minute time limit. The idea is to play the game and have fun. Constantly going back to the menu so quickly isn't fun. See my point?

[quote name='manofpeace20']I say why not give a 30 minute time limit. The idea is to play the game and have fun. Constantly going back to the menu so quickly isn't fun. See my point?[/quote]
Thats insane on almost every level imaginable.

I get asked about her quite often. Michelle Lombardo. She won the fresh face contest for Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue. She's bad!!!

bread's done
Back