Burger King giving away free Kinects every 15 minutes!

[quote name='||||||']I've gotten another email from burger king. They said they shipped my prize and in it was ups tracking number. It shows that it will arrive the beginning of next week.[/QUOTE]

really that's awesome i haven't receive my ups email yet! i won 2 days ago

[quote name='SECRETMASTER']really that's awesome i haven't receive my ups email yet! i won 2 days ago[/QUOTE]
The people that won on the first day or two (10/31 and/or 11/01) received their shipping/tracking emails on 11/10. So, roughly 9 or 10 days from when they won. Under 100 consoles were shipped out yesterday, so it was not cumulative. Considering that they are awarding 96 each day, it appears that they are shipping them out roughly in the same order and frequency with which they were awarded.

So, if you just won 2 days ago, yours will probably ship in about a week...

They are shipping UPS Ground from Florida, so delivery to the East Coast will be about a day, and west Coast about a week from then.

I just played 10 minutes ago and didn't win. I might have won the price had I gotten into the office earlier, mang. :) What code was your winner?

[quote name='A Gamer']The people that won on the first day or two (10/31 and/or 11/01) received their shipping/tracking emails on 11/10. So, roughly 9 or 10 days from when they won. Under 100 consoles were shipped out yesterday, so it was not cumulative. Considering that they are awarding 96 each day, it appears that they are shipping them out roughly in the same order and frequency with which they were awarded.

So, if you just won 2 days ago, yours will probably ship in about a week...

They are shipping UPS Ground from Florida, so delivery to the East Coast will be about a day, and west Coast about a week from then.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the information! im actually from the east coast

[quote name='Bones3D']...
So, that probably means the 15 minute changeover doesn't even occur until the very first user who attempts to play within the new 15 min interval triggers a script to compare the last 15 minute flag to the current time, then flags the new time if at least 15 minutes has passed since the last one, and resets the contest for the next user(s).. at which point it likely either pre-determines the minimum amount of time that must pass for that round before it releases the prize to someone, or, it arbitrarily "flips a coin" on every user as they play and then disables the contest after a winning "coin flip" is achieved for that 15 minute period.
...[/QUOTE]
Although I agree with most of what you are posting, they are not randomly awarding the prizes 'on-the-fly' as people make the web requests. ALL of the winning times were pre-determined prior to the start of the promotion. Although we know there is 1 winning 'time-stamp' within each 15 minute interval, the exact distribution within that period was randomly selected and unknown to us.

And, since there is no way to know whether or not the current period's prize has been awarded, there is a good chance that people playing in the later half of the period are wasting their codes since, statistically speaking, the prize has already been awarded. Course, statistically speaking, the people playing during the first half of the period are wasting their codes, too, since the prize time has not yet come.

So, yes, this contest is indeed rigged. And, even though we know how it is rigged, it does not help us much because we don't have instant access to info like when the last person won... Which, of course, they do on purpose.

The system is commonly used by ePrize and PrizeLogic, and is normally quite difficult to predict and/or abuse. However, by not requesting the participants full shipping info at signup, and by not validating the only unique data they do have (the phone number), they have provided a way for participants to make many accounts that are difficult to link/disqualify. The only unique 'data' they have is the phone number, and they are not using that to validate the winners. If, for example, they were to start calling the phone number the winners provided when signing up, to confirm/validate each of the awards, then the bots would be rendered useless (because most people don't have access to hundreds or thousand of unique phone numbers). Or, if they were to start asking for the full shipping address up-front (like ePrize/PrizeLogic), then they could easily disqualify all of the entrants with the same address when they exceed some allowed limit (i.e. 4 accounts per household?).

[quote name='A Gamer']
And, since there is no way to know whether or not the current period's prize has been awarded, there is a good chance that people playing in the later half of the period are wasting their codes since, statistically speaking, the prize has already been awarded. Course, statistically speaking, the people playing during the first half of the period are wasting their codes, too, since the prize time has not yet come.

[/QUOTE]

I have not won nor do I expect to win but statistically, I completely agree with this assessment. In other words, we know if you play at the first second of the 15 min interval that the prize IS available. For each second (or tenth or hundredth depending on how far they go) into that round, you become progressively more likely to be playing a game with no prize. When you hit 7 minutes and 30 seconds, there is a 50% chance that the prize is gone. Once you hit 14:599999 there is a 99.99% chance the prize is gone.

I'm playing my 6 codes in consecutive minutes at the start of a 15 min time block. So at say 3:00 then 3:01, 3:02, 3:03, 3:04, 3:05. If I'm about to play and I'm in the end of the interval (the last 5 min or less) then I might play one single code despite the lowered odds just because it's still possible for the prize to be there (and I'm bored). So if you play at 3:10 there is a 66% chance the prize is gone.

Another consideration is, how many people have figured this out? Logically, everyone should be playing the first 5 or 6 minutes of the time interval but then it would make the game much harder to win at the start of a 15 min time block and much easier to win at the end if the prize is still there when you play it.

That's my take on it at least.

[quote name='Idx86']I just played 10 minutes ago and didn't win. I might have won the price had I gotten into the office earlier, mang. :) What code was your winner?[/QUOTE]

i think it was XJCV9L

i just copied 6 of the codes on one of the posts in this thread. Won on the 6th try.

Actually the way I've seen it suggests the 6th to 12th minute to be the more likely hotzones and not at zero second for that particular minute.

Basically, the less *neatly* divisible the numbers in your timing, the more likely you'll hit the target.

Grunge up the entry spread a bit and see if things improve...

sorry if this has been answered but is it just one code per account? because I have been using
the same exact code BPNDC3 on all the days that I have played on all six tries

[quote name='A Gamer']My box shipped today... Yay! Looks like all of the wins from 11/02 through 11/05 shipped.[/QUOTE]

11/7 here

I can't wait :D

As someone who codes for a living, I can offer this advice:

1. Anything that uses timestamps in code is generally down to the second and not anything smaller (timestamps are usually in the format of seconds since 1/1/1970). To get any smaller, they'd have to do additional math on the timestamp value, and I highly doubt they went to the trouble.

2. Assuming they are using typical randomness algorithms and not magic, they are simply providing a seed to a random number generator. If they were stupid like most programmers and only provided one initial seed, it'd be possible to accurately predict the timestamps of the winning times if someone figured out the seed value. More than likely they are reseeding for every 15 minute interval, so it'd be nearly impossible to predict.

3. More on the seeding point... this means that there will not be any specific block of time that will be more likely to win than any other.

Of course, this all assumes they generated the winning times via code and not from some random asshole pasting random times into a spreadsheet, in which case this all goes out the window.

[quote name='fadetoone']

of course, this all assumes they generated the winning times via code and not from some random asshole pasting random times into a spreadsheet, in which case this all goes out the window.[/quote]
ROTFLMAO!!!

EDIT: I am in a good mood... My box shipped today... Yay!

So, this is what it looks like so far:

11/01 wins: 68 consoles shipped 11/10
11/02 wins: 61 consoles shipped 11/11
11/03 wins: 67 consoles shipped 11/11
11/04 wins: 91 consoles shipped 11/11
11/05 wins: 86 consoles shipped 11/11

For those of you thinking yours should have shipped, but did not get your shipping/tracking email (for whatever reason), you can use the UPS Serach by Reference by searching for reference '[email protected]' and your zip code. If that ends up with too many hits, then limit the shipping date to one day at a time, and use 7E77W0 in the UPS Account Number field. That will narrow it down to any BK packages heading to your zip code area... Course, it could be your neighbors win... Doh!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='A Gamer']ROTFLMAO!!!

For those of you thinking yours should have shipped, but did not get your shipping/tracking email (for whatever reason), you can use the UPS Serach by Reference by searching for reference '[email protected]' and your zip code. If that ends up with too many hits, then limit the shipping date to one day at a time, and use 7E77W0 in the UPS Account Number field. That will narrow it down to any BK packages heading to your zip code area... Course, it could be your neighbors win... Doh![/QUOTE]

Hoo boy tomorrow can't come fast enough! 11/06 here. Have high hopes.

[quote name='A Gamer']When you sign up, and end up on the page where you enter the codes, scroll down a bit and there is a link for "Don't Have a Code?" Click on that and enter your email address. They will promptly send you 6 codes... Randomly selected from the list below (so, you can save yourself some time and just pick 6 from that list if you want):
Code:
2H5RJ3    2H98KZ    2JT9SC    3BK92W    3C4MP8    3M5DZT
3SKML7    45MNK9    4DWXGZ    4LZGN9    4PX7BL    5TJMH6
62S7XZ    6T3DV4    73WNRD    7PFCZ8    7ZW5F4    8FG5X7
8JXHKC    8P46GV    94WN8H    95BKFD    9KJ5HX    9KPRH6
BK7HPW    BN93T4    BPNDC3    D4RVXT    DH4V8T    F6VW35
F896RG    G52NMD    H7K8F5    HLV5GN    HMDVJL    HTMWSP
J7FMD4    JFX2KP    JZRB4N    KFZG3J    KNJGP8    LR9CD4
LWT9BP    MBCF9S    MFHVKN    NBVG2L    NDSCG4    NPZ93T
NVFCDZ    PJWN6H     QJXM94    QMDJNL    QSKW35    QXDZGN
QZN2W8    R45BZ6     R9F4TW    RFN3JV    RH8DLP    SD7M6N
SK2NZD    SN9CFZ    T5VMLF    TB7D2N    TGV29S    VDBFG2
VFX7NT    W8B2NK    WJ7P5X    X9KC7P    XBHJ9V    XDKW7B
XJCV9L    Z3N2DR    ZNQV28    ZQ25NL
Also, if you keep requesting new codes daily, you will eventually start getting repeats, so it would appear that you can re-use the same code... Six times in a row... Daily? We know you can 'win' re-using the same code, but we don't know if that will affect the chances of actually receiving the prize.

EDIT: just realized I responded to an old post because I didn't notice there was another page... Ugh.[/QUOTE]
bump

No Winners, heres mine:

Game Code 1: QXDZGN
Game Code 2: 7ZW5F4
Game Code 3: NVFCDZ
Game Code 4: 4DWXGZ
Game Code 5: 94WN8H
Game Code 6: XDKW7B

I just had an unbearably long wait time after I hit play now, it was processing for like 45 seconds. I thought at first maybe it was loading or something so i hit the play now button again. And then BUST. I am going to be depressed by the end of this contest if i dont win. I think i just made myself lose. :cry:

[quote name='Ronon']I just had an unbearably long wait time after I hit play now, it was processing for like 45 seconds. I thought at first maybe it was loading or something so i hit the play now button again. And then BUST. I am going to be depressed by the end of this contest if i dont win. I think i just made myself lose. :cry:[/QUOTE]
yeah i did that before too, not sure if i would have won if i didnt click it

[quote name='A Gamer']ROTFLMAO!!!

For those of you thinking yours should have shipped, but did not get your shipping/tracking email (for whatever reason), you can use the UPS Serach by Reference by searching for reference '[email protected]' and your zip code. If that ends up with too many hits, then limit the shipping date to one day at a time, and use 7E77W0 in the UPS Account Number field. That will narrow it down to any BK packages heading to your zip code area... Course, it could be your neighbors win... Doh![/QUOTE]

>>> UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Verify your information and try again.
Enter the reference information assigned to the shipment you want to track. Required fields are indicated with
icn_dia.gif

mines too ... Do anyone know how much the kinect is because my fam said its 300 and sumthn But that small thing cant cost that much ... i know that the console & the kinect cost that much ... But 4real I might as well give up :(

[quote name='FattyPooh09']mines too ... Do anyone know how much the kinect is because my fam said its 300 and sumthn But that small thing cant cost that much ... i know that the console & the kinect cost that much ... But 4real I might as well give up :([/QUOTE]

the kinect by it self cost $150 plus tax with 1 game included kinect adventures dont give up until you win i was like that too until i won :D

[quote name='SECRETMASTER']the kinect by it self cost $150 plus tax with 1 game included kinect adventures dont give up until you win i was like that too until i won :D[/QUOTE]
Did you use you own codes ?

[quote name='Kancer']I quit this... breaks my spirit..[/QUOTE]

keep trying harder you might get lucky and win one of this days! i never one anything before until 2 days ago i won :D

been trying to win since yesterday and haven't had any luck :/
this is so hard to win, or at least NOW it is with so many people trying.

I would assume that the chances of winning were much higher in the first few days, being that not many people knew about this... right???

I really hope I can manage to win one, got lucky enough to win a teamcoco shirt :) who knows, maybe now this!

BTW- any tips? how many e-mails did you guys uses? attempts?
on what try did you win?

thanks, any input is helpful... and sry I could probably just look through the pages, but that will keep me from possibly winning :)

Has anyone met the Burger King at their home or at a Burger King location yet?

It looks like the Burger King is coming to my state on saturday. Here's hoping I buy a whopper and sit down at the right place and time so I can win.

Just won! Couldn't believe it.

It was the first code I entered for the day after playing for 5 or so days. I put my code in at 11:34 PM EST.

Good luck to all those still trying!

[quote name='Camel']Just won! Couldn't believe it.

It was the first code I entered for the day after playing for 5 or so days. I put my code in at 11:34 PM EST.

Good luck to all those still trying![/QUOTE]

Was it on the dot? and congratz btw :)

bread's done
Back