Burger King giving away free Kinects every 15 minutes!

[quote name='kraig']Can all of the winners give me tips on winning?:mad: :) :( :O :O)[/QUOTE]

Err...I worded that wrong.

Enter your code at the winning time. There we go.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've scrolled through just about every page and cannot find this information anywhere, but what time zone is the Burger King game site using, and at what time have we confirmed that the day resets? By the way, I read one post that said the contest began at xx:50 when this whole time I assumed the best times to enter would be xx:01, xx:16, xx:31, and xx:46. But based off of this xx:50 wouldn't that make the best times xx:6, xx:21, and so on?

One last question for the winners, has anybody used the text-codes-in method to win and actually won or is it more efficient and likely to win if you use the game site?

Thanks for not giving me a one-word response!

[quote name='nnthomas']I jus wake up in the morning before work and blow my load before I head out.[/QUOTE]
Lmfao funniest post ever

Holy shit. Just won.
9:22pm Hawaii time.
Just got the confirmation email as well.
Stoked...

picture.php

[quote name='Conkerkid11']I've scrolled through just about every page and cannot find this information anywhere, but what time zone is the Burger King game site using, and at what time have we confirmed that the day resets? By the way, I read one post that said the contest began at xx:50 when this whole time I assumed the best times to enter would be xx:01, xx:16, xx:31, and xx:46. But based off of this xx:50 wouldn't that make the best times xx:6, xx:21, and so on?

One last question for the winners, has anybody used the text-codes-in method to win and actually won or is it more efficient and likely to win if you use the game site?

Thanks for not giving me a one-word response![/QUOTE]

I don't have too much to offer - can only say that I entered a few times around 8:30p eastern and was refreshed with 6 tries again at 2:30a eastern. Leads me to believe it is likely 12a eastern reset. Possibly central.

Lost again, but I did get a fortune cookie that said I'd win a special promotion before the end of the month today. Eh, eh eh?

No go for me tonight. I managed to get a strange captcha. They put some weird stuff in there. It looked like this

2vwbed5.jpg

Then after that I got one that had an asian letter, like kanji or something. I thought upside-down words was a strange sight.

[quote name='blackjaw']Holy shit. Just won.
9:22pm Hawaii time.
Just got the confirmation email as well.
Stoked...

picture.php
[/QUOTE]

Congrats! I was entering around that time too. Glad it went to a CAG.

[quote name='nnthomas']I jus wake up in the morning before work and blow my load before I head out.[/QUOTE]

roflmao :rofl::rofl::rofl:

no wins today

[quote name='Hibiki Rush']Does anyone else want to eat BK less and less with each losing day?[/QUOTE]

Would eat less but that would be doing the impossible I don't actually eat at BK ever.:)

I know that every single time I play, my odds of winning on that day are the same, but as we creep closer and closer to the end, I feel like my chances of a win are smaller and smaller because I keep imaging more and more people jumping in to play.

Im just as frustrated with this thing...even though I know that its a huge prize, its still frustrating to get 6 tries a day and nada. I had a friend win yesterday, I saw a winner earlier say that only one batch has been shipped out, any idea when the rest will be sent out?

Also, I felt like some of the Captchas have been incorrect, but have gone through..then yesterday apparently i was incorrect in reading their horrible graphic and it said to retry...now i intentionally put an incorrect letter, and it went through. Anyone understand the inconsistency?

[quote name='EeveeFanboy']No go for me tonight. I managed to get a strange captcha. They put some weird stuff in there. It looked like this

2vwbed5.jpg

Then after that I got one that had an asian letter, like kanji or something. I thought upside-down words was a strange sight.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Frank784']...
Also, I felt like some of the Captchas have been incorrect, but have gone through..then yesterday apparently i was incorrect in reading their horrible graphic and it said to retry...now i intentionally put an incorrect letter, and it went through. Anyone understand the inconsistency?[/QUOTE]

Read up on what the ReCaptcha project actually does. It is much more than just a human validation/verification.

Basically, only 1 of the 2 words is known to them, the other is 'text' that their OCR software was unable to process while scanning in old books. If you know which one is the control word, then you can put anything for the other. That is why one of the words is often foreign, misspelled (i.e. type-o in the original scanned text), or non-traditional text (as in the 'fancy' chapter start above), upside down, etc. As long as you got the control word correct, the challenge will pass, regardless of what you put for the other.

EDIT: video of the inventory/developer telling all about it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aszl5avDtek

[quote name='A Gamer']Read up on what the ReCaptcha project actually does. It is much more than just a human validation/verification.

Basically, only 1 of the 2 words is known to them, the other is 'text' that their OCR software was unable to process while scanning in old books. If you know which one is the control word, then you can put anything for the other. That is why one of the words is often foreign, misspelled (i.e. type-o in the original scanned text), or non-traditional text (as in the 'fancy' chapter start above), upside down, etc. As long as you got the control word correct, the challenge will pass, regardless of what you put for the other.
[/QUOTE]

that's awesome.

[quote name='sephiroth1215']I won on the 6th and still no shipping email. But I guess they still have two more weeks :sigh:[/QUOTE]

you would get a tracking number when they ship it out to you !

[quote name='A Gamer']Read up on what the ReCaptcha project actually does. It is much more than just a human validation/verification.

Basically, only 1 of the 2 words is known to them, the other is 'text' that their OCR software was unable to process while scanning in old books. If you know which one is the control word, then you can put anything for the other. That is why one of the words is often foreign, misspelled (i.e. type-o in the original scanned text), or non-traditional text (as in the 'fancy' chapter start above), upside down, etc. As long as you got the control word correct, the challenge will pass, regardless of what you put for the other. [/QUOTE]

Awesome info I never knew about, thanks for the lesson :)

[quote name='neoKEN']I won 2 days ago. I'm in Cali, how long must I wait?[/QUOTE]
They have only shipped the wins from 11/01 thru 11/05 (on 11/11).

Then haven't shipped anything since then. So, wins from 11/06 or later have not shipped yet.

And, we have no idea when the will resume shipping. So, according to the email you got, all we really know is that you will need to wait 3 to 4 weeks.

Man I've been hitting this contest from day one and no luck. I am also curious if anyone has won with their phone - most of the wins seem to be through the site.
I'll change my strategy for these past few days, I guess.
Also, maybe those people who one extra can hold their own contest for all us losers :D

To those of you who won, tell us your secrets! haha

Did you try and go through your codes in one sitting (within one 15 minute period) or did you spread out your entries throughout the day, and also, what time of day?

[quote name='HydroX']To those of you who won, tell us your secrets! haha[/QUOTE]
As other winners said, you simply put in a code at a winning time.

[quote name='HydroX']Did you try and go through your codes in one sitting (within one 15 minute period) or did you spread out your entries throughout the day, and also, what time of day?[/QUOTE]
I spread out mine within a 15 minute span. Doesn't have to be on the top of a minute since the winning time is completely random.

Anyone else disapointed they didn't ship any out this week? Maybe they are waiting to recieve more form Microsoft? Hopefully they stick to the 3-4 week time frame or atleast get them to us by christmas

Yeah, :( I wish they would ship mine already.....Though i cant even use it in here >.> and i'll need to buy like a couple large flash drives for it. Anyone got any links to 8-16gb flash drives that work on the xbox for a decent price?

I receive an email today from wunderman.

Your Kinect™ for Xbox 360® Prize Pack will ship within 3-4 weeks of the date that you won. You will receive an email containing tracking information when your prize is shipped.

Congratulations, again!

Best,
The BURGER KING® Kinect™ for Xbox 360® Game Team

[quote name='DoReiRei']Yeah, :( I wish they would ship mine already.....Though i cant even use it in here >.> and i'll need to buy like a couple large flash drives for it. Anyone got any links to 8-16gb flash drives that work on the xbox for a decent price?[/QUOTE]
The problem is that not all flash drives are created equal. I tested a bunch of USB thumb drives I had in my drawer when they first updated the dashboard to use them, and out of about 20 of them 4 failed completely (i.e. unusable), 8 were about half as fast as the old Memory Unit, 6 of them were comparable to running off of the HDD and 2 of them were actually noticeably faster than the original HDD. I also tested a couple external HDD USB drives (i.e. the Club Bing 160/250 Gb drives), and even though they triggered the 'inadequate performance' warning, they were both noticeably faster than the original HDD unit.

Finding a 16 Gb flash drive that will work at HDD speeds or better, is probably going to set you back at least $25. So, getting 2 of them will be about $50 for 32 Gb total. Just be sure you google before you buy it to see if any X360 users have posted their success/failures with that drive model.

With that in mind, you can pick up 250 Gb drives in enclosures for about $50 on the gray market (google xbox slim hard drive). I am fairly certain that these units shipping from Hong Kong are not genuine Microsoft manufactured devices, but even at that price the person selling it still making a nice profit.

Or, you could buy a used 120 Gb HDD for the original X360, rip it apart and stick that into the slim (with or without the adapter). Again, roughly $50, but since it is genuine MS hardware, there is less chance anything could go wrong down the road.

My guess is that the old HDD units will be flooding the used/gray markets as more and more people migrate to the slim, thus driving those prices down even more.

Having recently won a slim in the BK promo, I am trying to figure out how best to migrate from an old 120 Gb myself... Decisions, decisions, decisions...

[quote name='A Gamer']The problem is that not all flash drives are created equal. I tested a bunch of USB thumb drives I had in my drawer when they first updated the dashboard to use them, and out of about 20 of them 4 failed completely (i.e. unusable), 8 were about half as fast as the old Memory Unit, 6 of them were comparable to running off of the HDD and 2 of them were actually noticeably faster than the original HDD. I also tested a couple external HDD USB drives (i.e. the Club Bing 160/250 Gb drives), and even though they triggered the 'inadequate performance' warning, they were both noticeably faster than the original HDD unit.

Finding a 16 Gb flash drive that will work at HDD speeds or better, is probably going to set you back at least $25. So, getting 2 of them will be about $50 for 32 Gb total. Just be sure you google before you buy it to see if any X360 users have posted their success/failures with that drive model.

With that in mind, you can pick up 250 Gb drives in enclosures for about $50 on the gray market (google xbox slim hard drive). I am fairly certain that these units shipping from Hong Kong are not genuine Microsoft manufactured devices, but even at that price the person selling it still making a nice profit.

Or, you could buy a used 120 Gb HDD for the original X360, rip it apart and stick that into the slim (with or without the adapter). Again, roughly $50, but since it is genuine MS hardware, there is less chance anything could go wrong down the road.

My guess is that the old HDD units will be flooding the used/gray markets as more and more people migrate to the slim, thus driving those prices down even more.

Having recently won a slim in the BK promo, I am trying to figure out how best to migrate from an old 120 Gb myself... Decisions, decisions, decisions...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I knew about some not working,being slower, and faster.
Im to lazy to rip one apart also to put in the slim.
Thanks.

Kinect wont work in here anyways i dont think, I'll see if i can get a 16gb flashdrive though, What one ran faster for you by the way?

My thinking of what i might do - Keep profile on flashdrive with the 5-10 arcade games i have & whatever current DLC's i play. I can keep my old xbox wired and use the slim with wifi. and move the slim around if i ever do decide to play kinect which i doubt, other then that just keep it next to my other one in here and use the voice command for netflix, and a mic if i ever have issues.

Main reason I plan to play on the slim is the built in optical port without an adapter, that would go best with the wireless mixamp 5.8 i just ordered and be lazy hopefully with voice/menu's with kinect?.

[quote name='A Gamer'] With that in mind, you can pick up 250 Gb drives in enclosures for about $50 on the gray market (google xbox slim hard drive). I am fairly certain that these units shipping from Hong Kong are not genuine Microsoft manufactured devices, but even at that price the person selling it still making a nice profit.

QUOTE]

Will microsoft ban people for using these aftermarket drives? Because I'm seriously thinking about getting one when my slim gets here.

:shock:

I just won. I played the game a few moments ago and got it on my 3rd attempted code. I had entered the code at roughly 10:49 P.M. CST. Thank you to all the CAG's here who have detailed this contest and their attempts.

For everyone else here who has not won yet, just keep trying. I never genuinely thought I would win either, but I just printed out the "Prize Claimed" page so it's definitely possible! Good luck, everyone! :)

[quote name='fei33']:shock:

I just won. I played the game a few moments ago and got it on my 3rd attempted code. I had entered the code at roughly 10:49 P.M. CST. Thank you to all the CAG's here who have detailed this contest and their attempts.

For everyone else here who has not won yet, just keep trying. I never genuinely thought I would win either, but I just printed out the "Prize Claimed" page so it's definitely possible! Good luck, everyone! :)[/QUOTE]
Congrats! I'm just getting bitter at this point. I'm totally not buying Burger King for a long time unless I win lol.

Thank you, everyone. I'm actually really surprised by how many CAG's have won so far. I think that we're just better informed than the vast majority of those who would enter this contest otherwise. That and the method by which Burger King is distributing chances does not require a person to buy 6 Whoppers daily.

I'm so grateful for technology too. Because if they were mailing game pieces by letter (kind of like McDonald's Monopoly ones in the past)? I know my chances would be significantly diminished.

Good luck to all. :D

bread's done
Back