Burger King giving away free Kinects every 15 minutes!

[quote name='Stimes']I've done this but I can't seem to find the reference numbers with recipient's name. Any help?[/QUOTE]
It only applies to prizes shipped Dec 6 and Dec 7 (i.e. wins from 11/12 thru 11/17). The prizes shipped prior to that only had the win date buried in the reference.

If you don't see any references at all (one of which is '[email protected]'), then you are not properly logged into the UPS web site, or you are not looking at the right page (i.e. you need to go to the tracking page for that package, not the search results page - click on the tracking number?).

[quote name='dbh']Just received my prize package last night - really awesome! However, I'm curious if anyone else has tried the Sports game yet and gotten the video record to work? We have a new 250GB 360 w/kinect at our office we play on, and when you play Sports, it shows you actual full-motion videos at the end of each event. At home on my new 4GB model, I just get 5 still-frame pictures.

Only thing I can think of is they cheaped out on us with the 4 GB models and the video record is disabled. Anyone else have this problem or found a work around? Those videos are awesome! A friend at work said they are automatically deleted (unless you explicitly save them), so there really is no good reason for them not to be taking the videos on the 4GB models.[/QUOTE]

Ugh, you just pointed out I'm going to have to buy a harddrive for this Xbox if I want to transfer anything over.

So "Smith" has one out for delivery today. But "Ours" has been left in Florida for the last 2 days. When I called UPS I asked if they may have forgot to scan it. "Nope, my system shows it still in Florida since 2:30" Even thought the website doesn't say that scan. Basically a waiting game, and today was the best day to get it since we are both busy tomorrow.

shit, UPS guy wouldn't leave it at my door. Now i have to take a fucking half day from work to sign for a fucking package. I know I won a prize and everything, and I'm happy, but this is a fucking pain in my ass now.

[quote name='kylerg']So "Smith" has one out for delivery today. But "Ours" has been left in Florida for the last 2 days. When I called UPS I asked if they may have forgot to scan it. "Nope, my system shows it still in Florida since 2:30" Even thought the website doesn't say that scan. Basically a waiting game, and today was the best day to get it since we are both busy tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
Sometimes if the shipping label is damaged they are no longer able to scan the barcode, and at this time of year the handlers (loaders, unloaders, sorters) are unlikely to stop their process in order to manually enter the tracking number, even if it is entirely legible. And they are unlikely to send it to get re-labeled if the label was partially torn off. So, it is possible that your package is actually on its way for delivery by the original ETA, and the next update will be by the UPS driver, who will actually take the time to manually force it into the system when you sign.

Sadly, the person you called does not see much more on their screen than you do on the web site, and she probably isn't anywhere near the actual sort facility. When tracking the packages for Club Bing (a long time ago?), there would be occasional packages this time of year that would go from 'Billing Info Received' directly to 'Delivered', without a single scan between them.

So, cross your fingers for delivery tomorrow (assuming tomorrow was the original ETA).

[quote name='mang9432']shit, UPS guy wouldn't leave it at my door. Now i have to take a fucking half day from work to sign for a fucking package. I know I won a prize and everything, and I'm happy, but this is a fucking pain in my ass now.[/QUOTE]
Or, you can call the number on the slip and have them hold it at will-call... Pick it up on your way back from work.

Edit: I told you so...

The ETA is tomorrow, but I work and she is gone for most of the day.
The person said it was sitting in Florida, even after I asked if there could be a mistake.

Here is hoping she is wrong, or they come at a good time.

[quote name='mang9432']shit, UPS guy wouldn't leave it at my door. Now i have to take a fucking half day from work to sign for a fucking package. I know I won a prize and everything, and I'm happy, but this is a fucking pain in my ass now.[/QUOTE]

I'll pick it up for you ;)

[quote name='A Gamer']
Or, you can call the number on the slip and have them hold it at will-call... Pick it up on your way back from work.

Edit: I told you so...[/QUOTE]

no need for i told you so's

i called and am gonna pick up this evening. overreaction done.

Got my package yesterday, they didn't ask for ID, just signed and brought it in. I'm not a fan of motion control, but it was hilarious watching others play it and some of the games were actually pretty good.

And that voice activation stuff might be limited, but it feels really awesome to be able to do those things.

[quote name='zegota']Ugh, you just pointed out I'm going to have to buy a harddrive for this Xbox if I want to transfer anything over.[/QUOTE]
For those who don't want to worry about transferring over your existing data from one HDD to the other, you can take apart your existing HDD and buy the $10 case below. Then, all you have to do is take apart your current HDD and slide it in the case, and install it in your new 360. I've already ordered mine, as DealExtreme takes a while to get to ya.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.48653

[quote name='SlammedNiss']For those who don't want to worry about transferring over your existing data from one HDD to the other, you can take apart your existing HDD and buy the $10 case below. Then, all you have to do is take apart your current HDD and slide it in the case, and install it in your new 360. I've already ordered mine, as DealExtreme takes a while to get to ya.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.48653[/QUOTE]

does this work with hard drives from original xboxes?

thinking about just getting this

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.46748

anyone have any experience with these "custom made" xbox hard drives?

i was planning on getting 2x 16 gig usb keys, but this is the same price as that. and I would obviously rather have 250 gig than 32

[quote name='SlammedNiss']For those who don't want to worry about transferring over your existing data from one HDD to the other, you can take apart your existing HDD and buy the $10 case below. Then, all you have to do is take apart your current HDD and slide it in the case, and install it in your new 360. I've already ordered mine, as DealExtreme takes a while to get to ya.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.48653[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, I have an original xbox. I kind of wanted a bigger harddrive anyway, as I'm about out of space.

[quote name='mang9432']does this work with hard drives from original xboxes?

i was planning on getting 2x 16 gig usb keys, but this is the same price as that. and I would obviously rather have 250 gig than 32[/QUOTE]

Why in the world is that so cheap? Is it unofficial (in which case, I'd definitely advise against getting it, as I see tons of forums posts all the time about people complaining they can't install/download X, and the issue is always that it's not an official harddrive), or is it refurbished?

[quote name='zegota']Unfortunately, I have an original xbox. I kind of wanted a bigger harddrive anyway, as I'm about out of space.

Why in the world is that so cheap? Is it unofficial (in which case, I'd definitely advise against getting it, as I see tons of forums posts all the time about people complaining they can't install/download X, and the issue is always that it's not an official harddrive), or is it refurbished?[/QUOTE]

oh it's definitely unofficial

[quote name='mang9432']oh it's definitely unofficial[/QUOTE]

Oh okay, the pictures of the official Microsoft packing is BS then? Laaaame

[quote name='mang9432']does this work with hard drives from original xboxes?

i was planning on getting 2x 16 gig usb keys, but this is the same price as that. and I would obviously rather have 250 gig than 32[/QUOTE]

Do you mean the original Xbox, or the original 360? No for the orig. Xbox, but yes for the original 360. I would also advise against getting one of their larger storage HDD's from DE. If you're simply looking for a cheap way to add your existing HDD to your new 360, the DE case is about the cheapest way.

[quote name='A Gamer']Looks like they are shipping wins from 11/18 thru 11/20 today.[/QUOTE]

Do you have a spreadsheet or list of cities to share?

Edit: Just got my email from UPS...my sister didn't receive an email and she won a couple of days before me....theres gotta be something I can do, because they definitely didn't stipulate one per household in the official rules.
Edit 2: Apparently my sister did receive an email. I had thought she won a couple of days prior, but she won the day before, and just received an email.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Frank784']Do you have a spreadsheet or list of cities to share?[/QUOTE]
What for? I have all of the data in a database. Populating the database with the recently shipped prizes as we speak. I can pull the data out in just about any way I want. So, if you are looking for some specific statistic, let me know and I will see I have the data.

I won't be releasing the entire list. You can probably get that list from BK direct by submitting a request for the winners list (see the terms for instructions).

[quote name='Frank784']Do you have a spreadsheet or list of cities to share?[/QUOTE]

Just go to ups and type in your zip code,reference and see if you have one coming, Im sure people dont want there personal information all out there.

[quote name='A Gamer']What for? I have all of the data in a database. Populating the database with the recently shipped prizes as we speak. I can pull the data out in just about any way I want. So, if you are looking for some specific statistic, let me know and I will see I have the data.

I won't be releasing the entire list. You can probably get that list from BK direct by submitting a request for the winners list (see the terms for instructions).[/QUOTE]

Thank you A.Gamer

[quote name='A Gamer']What for? I have all of the data in a database. Populating the database with the recently shipped prizes as we speak. I can pull the data out in just about any way I want. So, if you are looking for some specific statistic, let me know and I will see I have the data.

I won't be releasing the entire list. You can probably get that list from BK direct by submitting a request for the winners list (see the terms for instructions).[/QUOTE]

I didn't necessarily mean a list of names, just some further detail into "it looks like some shipped out for x dates". Like I've said in a previous post, both my sister and myself won prizes.

[quote name='A Gamer']Looks like they are shipping wins from 11/18 thru 11/20 today.[/QUOTE]

So at this rate it is a safe bet that the rest of the consoles will be sent out by the end of next week, that's actually some good news, I was hoping it would be shipped off before I moved for college in January. Looks like that might actually happen :)

[quote name='Frank784']I didn't necessarily mean a list of names, just some further detail into "it looks like some shipped out for x dates". Like I've said in a previous post, both my sister and myself won prizes.[/QUOTE]
Oh... That was a little vague because I am still scanning... As soon as the scan is done, I will post how many prizes shipped from each day.

So far, roughly 20% of the scan is done and only prizes from 11/18 thru 11/20. At this point I am fairly certain that wins from 11/21 will be in the next batch.

I too applaud you for not publishing it :applause:
thanks a. gamer

Awesome. Thanks for the update. 11/23 over here so hopefully mine will ship out tomorrow or early next week. Can't wait and thanks for keeping us updated Gamer!!

Shipping update...

11/01 wins: 68 consoles shipped 11/10
11/02 wins: 61 consoles shipped 11/11
11/03 wins: 67 consoles shipped 11/11
11/04 wins: 91 consoles shipped 11/11
11/05 wins: 86 consoles shipped 11/11
11/06 wins: 93 consoles shipped 12/03
11/07 wins: 93 consoles shipped 12/03
11/08 wins: 89 consoles shipped 12/03
11/09 wins: 91 consoles shipped 12/03
11/10 wins: 89 consoles shipped 12/03
11/11 wins: 92 consoles shipped 12/03
11/12 wins: 87 consoles shipped 12/06
11/13 wins: 91 consoles shipped 12/07
11/14 wins: 94 consoles shipped 12/07
11/15 wins: 85 consoles shipped 12/07
11/16 wins: 75 consoles shipped 12/07
11/17 wins: 65 consoles shipped 12/07
11/18 wins: 85 consoles shipped 12/09
11/19 wins: 78 consoles shipped 12/09
11/20 wins: 99 consoles shipped 12/09

If they keep shipping out 2 or 3 days worth of winners a day, mine should easily ship before the end of next week. In fact, they might even finish up by next Friday.

quick question. i got my confirmation email today and it says "billing information received." for everyone who got a shipping email, did it stay like that for the first day or did it immediately have the "origin scan?" basically i'm wondering how long I should expect it to remain at the "billing information received" status...

[quote name='konthedon']quick question. i got my confirmation email today and it says "billing information received." for everyone who got a shipping email, did it stay like that for the first day or did it immediately have the "origin scan?" basically i'm wondering how long I should expect it to remain at the "billing information received" status...[/QUOTE]
That is normal. It will fill in later tonight.

The shipping data is digitally 'pushed' into the UPS computer system by the shipper (i.e. Wunderman), often before UPS actually has the packages. In order to avoid any problems, UPS does not generate the ETA until they actually have the packages (i.e. the 'origin scan'). So, as soon as USP scans the package (i.e. when it is unloaded off of the truck or hits the first sort facility) the UPS database will update to reflect that they have the package, and will include the ETA.

[quote name='A Gamer']That is normal. It will fill in later tonight.

The shipping data is digitally 'pushed' into the UPS computer system by the shipper (i.e. Wunderman), often before UPS actually has the packages. In order to avoid any problems, UPS does not generate the ETA until they actually have the packages (i.e. the 'origin scan'). So, as soon as USP scans the package (i.e. when it is unloaded off of the truck or hits the first sort facility) the UPS database will update to reflect that they have the package, and will include the ETA.[/QUOTE]

alright thanks. i was just curious cause one time i bought a text book off of half.com from someone and i got a tracking number and it remained at "billing information received" for a month and it never shipped. usually by the time i get a tracking number, it's already surpassed that status. i guess i'll just keep waiting. just wondering if any other people who got the shipping email are in the same boat as me.

surely enough, i got a push notification to my phone about the tracking being updated to "departure scan." now i can stalk the tracking progress for the next few days :)

[quote name='konthedon']surely enough, i got a push notification to my phone about the tracking being updated to "departure scan." now i can stalk the tracking progress for the next few days :)[/QUOTE]

Lucky me, I work in Altamonte Springs(Where they're shipped from), and will get next day delivery. Its been 3 long weeks.

[quote name='Frank784']Lucky me, I work in Altamonte Springs(Where they're shipped from), and will get next day delivery. Its been 3 long weeks.[/QUOTE]

lucky you is right. mine's estimated for 12/14 (tuesday) to get to houston. i'm pretty hopeful it'll be here by monday though...

I've been keeping an eye on the status of my shipment, and at 2:20AM it updated to say out for delivery.

The scheduled delivery date was the 13th. I definitely wasn't expecting it a whole 3 days early.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']If they keep shipping out 2 or 3 days worth of winners a day, mine should easily ship before the end of next week. In fact, they might even finish up by next Friday.[/QUOTE]

I sure hope this trend continues. I won on 11/24. I just want it in time for Christmas!

[quote name='konthedon']lucky you is right. mine's estimated for 12/14 (tuesday) to get to houston. i'm pretty hopeful it'll be here by monday though...[/QUOTE]

Hey another winner from Houston!:)

UPS is jerking us around.

The other package was delivered lastnight.
Ours arrived in town last night.
It's 11am today (ETA) and not out for delivery.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']Do you mean the original Xbox, or the original 360? No for the orig. Xbox, but yes for the original 360. I would also advise against getting one of their larger storage HDD's from DE. If you're simply looking for a cheap way to add your existing HDD to your new 360, the DE case is about the cheapest way.[/QUOTE]

well i had planned on selling my old xbox (with the hd), but i guess the safest /cheapest way to get my data to the new 360 is the DE case.

[quote name='mang9432']well i had planned on selling my old xbox (with the hd), but i guess the safest /cheapest way to get my data to the new 360 is the DE case.[/QUOTE]

I got a new 4gb Xbox and i went this route. The only downside to the DE case is that there is no way to secure the top part of the case. You can glue it but all i did was put scotch tape all around it as i might want to take out the hard drive and put it in the old case, just in case.

Has anyone had experience copying stuff over to a new xbox HDD? If I use USB, will I have problems when I try to play downloaded games/DLC? Will I not have those problems if I use the official harddrive transfer unit?

Yay! They shipped today!

Ship date range: December 10th-December 10th

>>> The reference entered exceeds the limit that can be shown. Narrow your search using qualifiers below.

:) I really hope my xbox 360 is included in this batch. Won on 11/26

bread's done
Back