Burning Crusade Collector's Bundle @ EB Games Online

That's freaking retarded.

That strategy guide will be outdated in a month and wtf is the point of the binder?

The tips in the guide are probably stupid as well. Unless they are getting hardcore WoW players to write the guide for them, its pointless.

[quote name='Roufuss']That's freaking retarded.

That strategy guide will be outdated in a month and wtf is the point of the binder?

The tips in the guide are probably stupid as well. Unless they are getting hardcore WoW players to write the guide for them, its pointless.[/QUOTE]

The binder is to print out updates to the strategy guide from brady games's website ;)

[quote name='RedvsBlue']The binder is to print out updates to the strategy guide from brady games's website ;)[/QUOTE]

Like I said, such "updates" are pretty much worthless unless they are penned by the hardcore WoW fanbase who know all the in's and the out's to the game... kinda like when Brady got the Street Fighter guide written by real Street Fighter pro's.

Most of the info you'll learn in game is passed down from seasoned players anyways.

[quote name='Roufuss']Like I said, such "updates" are pretty much worthless unless they are penned by the hardcore WoW fanbase who know all the in's and the out's to the game... kinda like when Brady got the Street Fighter guide written by real Street Fighter pro's.

Most of the info you'll learn in game is passed down from seasoned players anyways.[/QUOTE]

or Thottbot and Wowwiki

[quote name='Roufuss']Oh hey, Thottbot is still around?

That site is the best.[/QUOTE]

Yep, its still around and its just as good as its always been. Make sure you download a location finder addon if you plan to use it though.

I really question if the LE is even gonna be rare.I was able to get one and I was 40ish in line at Wal-Mart last night.Its value truly is in question.

nice tough on that one EB. thank god i got my pre-order today from blizzard. :applause:

World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Collector's Edition with Strategy Guide and Binder! * PC 1
[FONT=Verdana,Arial]Usually ships
in 24 hours
[/FONT]
$99.98
clear.gif

checkout_line.gif

Sub-Total: $99.98
clear.gif
clear.gif

Handling (No additional shipping fee): $18.49
clear.gif
[FONT=Verdana,Arial]Includes Special Handling Fee[/FONT]
clear.gif

Tax: $8.29
clear.gif
clear.gif

TOTAL: $126.76
clear.gif

[quote name='Zetec']I really question if the LE is even gonna be rare.I was able to get one and I was 40ish in line at Wal-Mart last night.Its value truly is in question.[/QUOTE]

There's only going to be one printing of it. Its gonna hold its value. Now that I've opened mine for WoW account, I could give 2 shits as to whether it goes up or down in value though. The people that bought 15 just to resell it? I hope it goes through the floor, there's buying stuff for profit and then there's overbuying stuff for profit.

Wanted one of these for myself but shipping plus the $10 additional shipping fee killed it for me. Basically ebay prices. Tough decision as the above poster is correct that its a one print kind of thing. Thanks OP for posting.

[quote name='raregamergirl']Wanted one of these for myself but shipping plus the $10 additional shipping fee killed it for me. Basically ebay prices. Tough decision as the above poster is correct that its a one print kind of thing. Thanks OP for posting.[/QUOTE]

Ebay the collector's edition strategy guide and you'll easily make $25 of your money back.

yall have to look at it this way 7 million copies plus sold of the regular and probably 100,000 of the regular there is a big difference.. Plus to many ppl this game is their life. A couple of the guys that where next to me tell me they play this game 5 hours a day 5 times or more a week and they been doing this for the past 2 years. a 100 more isnt much consider all of the enjoying they get out of it.

[quote name='Zetec']I really question if the LE is even gonna be rare.I was able to get one and I was 40ish in line at Wal-Mart last night.Its value truly is in question.[/quote]

Good for you, it sold out in a matter of hours over here.

Still...$30 for a strategy guide and binder is total rape. "Burning" crusade indeed...

I'm kind of surprised Brady even had the cojones to do another binder version of the strat guide. I picked up the binder when WoW first came out because I got it relatively cheap, and I thought that having updates would be the ideal way to do an MMO strategy guide.

Turns out the updates never actually came. They released a few lists of class quests, and then never put out anything else. Months later, they issued an apology and said they wouldn't be doing any more updates, basically giving the finger to everyone who paid extra for the binder.

That said, they actually have started getting WoW players to write their WoW guides. The dungeon guide was written completely by players out of the major raiding guilds. Whether they did that for the BC guide, I don't know.

you could use coupon code: SAVER to get free value shipping which takes it down to 118.51 if you wanted it. I was curious and checked around the area no store had the CE for about 30 miles then I stopped looking so take that for what it's worth.

All this for what? An in game pet?

[quote name='vienge']you could use coupon code: SAVER to get free value shipping which takes it down to 118.51 if you wanted it. I was curious and checked around the area no store had the CE for about 30 miles then I stopped looking so take that for what it's worth.

All this for what? An in game pet?[/quote]
Personally I got it for the art book, the actual game box (the original box looks sweet on my desk, and this one will look nice next to it), the soundtrack cd (which is the exact reason I ordered the diablo 2 collector's edition way back when... speaking of which anybody actually play that tabletop game that was included with it?), and of course the in-game pet. My panda gets a lot of comments - I'm sure the netherwhelp will too.

Plus I ordered my personal one way back when at Amazon for cheap - got another for a friend at best buy just now. Whee! The prices EBGames is offering this for is nothing short of rape..

At first I was going to be all critical of the BC CE bundles at EBgames, but to be honest, its still cheaper than what some folks have been paying on ebay for just the CE itself.

This seems to be the only way I can get one, without getting shafted on eBay. I had an order in last night, but cancelled it, and made my purchase from Best Buy - which was just listed as Back Ordered.

I placed a SECOND order from EBGames a bit ago, so I'm hoping my second order (upped the shipping speed/price) will go through. /crosses fingers

Kudos for pointing this one out.

-- Killrig

[quote name='JosephD1014']Personally I got it for the art book, the actual game box (the original box looks sweet on my desk, and this one will look nice next to it), the soundtrack cd (which is the exact reason I ordered the diablo 2 collector's edition way back when... speaking of which anybody actually play that tabletop game that was included with it?), and of course the in-game pet. My panda gets a lot of comments - I'm sure the netherwhelp will too.

Plus I ordered my personal one way back when at Amazon for cheap - got another for a friend at best buy just now. Whee! The prices EBGames is offering this for is nothing short of rape..[/QUOTE]
damn you

ordered :(

I am probably the only person to not even know what the hell this was. I NEVER play PC games and didnt know anything about this game. I wondered why people were lined up at stores. I still wont get it as I dont care for PC games, dont really know why. Console all the way. :)

[quote name='Killrig']This seems to be the only way I can get one, without getting shafted on eBay. I had an order in last night, but cancelled it, and made my purchase from Best Buy - which was just listed as Back Ordered.

I placed a SECOND order from EBGames a bit ago, so I'm hoping my second order (upped the shipping speed/price) will go through. /crosses fingers

Kudos for pointing this one out.

-- Killrig[/QUOTE]

I hope you didn't cancel your Best Buy order... mine switched from Backordered to In Process, Order Being Fulfilled.

[quote name='spoo']I saw a bunch of WOW CE game @ Sam's Club if anyone is looking for the CE game.[/quote]

My god...With all the ones on ebay and stories like the one above, how can you call this a CE...I mean, how many copies were there?

I believe I have seen it was limited to 75,000.....which when you consider there is roughly somewhere around 7-8 million people playing this game.....(including myself) This is limited.

I would be willing to sell my collector's edition minus the CD key. I wanted the pet so it wouldn't be wise to include that. However, everything else comes brand new and sealed in the collector's edition but the cd key will be removed from the front of the game case. I will take exactly what i paid for it.

-joseph

There are no more than 100,000 copies of this CE being printed. Considering the 7-8 million player base, I would say that this is limited. Give it time.

As far as the EBgames only selling in a bundled form, it makes good business sense to do so. It discourages scalpers, and if you're actually looking to buy a CE for your own purposes you won't necessarily mind paying for the other extras. The lesser of two evils, if I ever saw it.

[quote name='RyokoYaksa']There are no more than 100,000 copies of this CE being printed. Considering the 7-8 million player base, I would say that this is limited. Give it time.

As far as the EBgames only selling in a bundled form, it makes good business sense to do so. It discourages scalpers, and if you're actually looking to buy a CE for your own purposes you won't necessarily mind paying for the other extras. The lesser of two evils, if I ever saw it.[/quote]

blizzard quoted 225,000 CE printed, couldnt create more thats why their website had to cancel extra orders

[quote name='dcdsguy']blizzard quoted 225,000 CE printed, couldnt create more thats why their website had to cancel extra orders[/QUOTE]

source please

[quote name='gunm']Blizzard hasn't publicly confirmed what the exact print run of the Burning Crusade CE was.[/quote]

Maybe cuz if they did it wouldn't be considered limited. Sneaky blizzard.

The value everyone was expecting has dropped tremendously.

I picked one up last tuesday because Roo advised to grab one. When my listing ends (soon) I'll hold on to it for a few weeks longer and then will probably return. ...along with all the other ebayers.

So most likely a month after launch they'll be in the stores again. Once those are all purchased then the value may shoot up again.

In the meantime, copies signed by everyone and his brother at that Fry's midnight launch are going for relatively cheap if you're a wow fan.

I remember reading the original CE had a run of 400-450k I'm guessing this one is more in the 600k-1 mil range. Either way the morons posting 15 copies at a time really killled the market. I saw some 700 up at one time.

[quote name='guinaevere']The value everyone was expecting has dropped tremendously.

I picked one up last tuesday because Roo advised to grab one. When my listing ends (soon) I'll hold on to it for a few weeks longer and then will probably return. ...along with all the other ebayers.

So most likely a month after launch they'll be in the stores again. Once those are all purchased then the value may shoot up again.

In the meantime, copies signed by everyone and his brother at that Fry's midnight launch are going for relatively cheap if you're a wow fan.[/quote]

Most folks are going in for the short sell/quick profit, so I'm not surprised that teh ebay fail.

As Roufuss and a few others have said, you'll need to give it some time before the demand comes up again. Even the original CE took some time for demand to exceed supply, but I doubt there'll be any issue with holding this product unless significant numbers of paid subs drop WoW completely before the year ends.

[quote name='gunm']Most folks are going in for the short sell/quick profit, so I'm not surprised that teh ebay fail.

As Roufuss and a few others have said, you'll need to give it some time before the demand comes up again. Even the original CE took some time for demand to exceed supply, but I doubt there'll be any issue with holding this product unless significant numbers of paid subs drop WoW completely before the year ends.[/QUOTE]

Every day, more and more people are joining WoW... if even a fraction of those are big spenders who want the CE, prices will go back up.

I'm actually going to shop mine around to other markets besides Ebay and see if I can catch any fish.

But yea, it was my bad for advising you miss Guinavere, I forget we lived in an age where everyone and their mother buys whatever they can to shove on Ebay now. You can blame the news for that one.

i wonder if any hoader will return copies to the store after finding out how much they will get on ebay.

bread's done
Back