Burnout Legends (PSP) $19.99 @ Best Buy/Gamestop

Mojimbo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
7245055.jpg

>>BestBuy.com Link

Awesome price, this game is great (although some of the gfx is alittle glitchy). Very fast and very fun, unlike the DS port.

[quote name='Roufuss']You're an idiot if you don't get this for $14.99 with a GGC at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

No kidding. This game is fucking awesome.

Jesus, if you don't own this game already, go get it right fucking now. Easily in the top 5 games for the PSP.

The game is good but it kinda blows that it runs at 30fps. It's really noticeable if you played Ridge Racers which runs in 60fps and has better graphics or even if you're used to the Burnouts on XBOX and such which also run at 60fps.

I've been waiting on this for a long time. I rented the game and got pretty far into it. The Burnout series is almost a perfect match for the PSP. Quick races + on the go portable = Fun Times. Not meant to be played for hours at a time. However, a little here and a litte there is perfect for this game.

9.5/10 for me. Yeah the graphics aren't as amazing as other PSP racers but it's solid enough and keeps the Burnout 3 feel intact.

[quote name='roymustang']The game is good but it kinda blows that it runs at 30fps. It's really noticeable if you played Ridge Racers which runs in 60fps and has better graphics or even if you're used to the Burnouts on XBOX and such which also run at 60fps.[/quote]

Nobody but you gives a damn about frames per second. Just enjoy the game, techno-fag. :roll:

Wow, it's a great game for that price. Although I have the PS2 version I may have to pick this up! Thanks for the info.

They would not sell it to me at Gamestop... the price did not match the price on the game. They looked at it sort of weird and said they would need to hold it until they find out if it's a legit price drop in the system or a mistake.

^ Thats horseshit. They could have called another GS or something. It was this price yesterday as well, started then I think.

How are the load times on this? Also, I thought Legends was kind of weak, and very dark, I couldn't see. Is it nice and bright like the majority of Burnout 3?

Easily one of the best games going for the PSP. For this price it's well worth it. It captures the feel of a colection of the best elements of the first three burnout games with adjustments made to get an optimal gameplay experience.

Graphically there are consessions being made for the sake of fitting the PSP. Texttures are weaker, and the frame rate does occasionally slow down But not so much that it interfers with the game since it's often still very fast once you move to the muscle car class. Crashes are still pretting wild showers of debre and car parts and can make you flinch even though it isnt filled with just as much eye candy.

Wow, I am SO glad I didn't pick this up for $24.99 used last week at Gamestop! Had it in my hand debating it, figured it'd drop "soon" but not THIS soon.

Thanks, OP!

Thanks for the tip, OP. I've rented this twice from BlockBuster because of free rentals and have been waiting to be able to find it for $15. I'll go to BB soon and pick up this and FarCry on the 360.

[quote name='the ender']Nobody but you gives a damn about frames per second. Just enjoy the game, techno-fag. :roll:[/quote]

Alabama... figures... Listen yokel, don't you have some sibling to go make out with or some clan meeting to go to, rather than wasting time insulting people and making retarded statements on message boards? If you don't notice the difference between 30fps and 60fps then you probably have a brain defect, possibly due to inbreeding.

Two of my friends returned the game after they bought it because they couldn't stand the 30fps. I was just trying to warn people that actually know something about games so they didn't buy it and then get a big surprise when they got home. It's still a really good game but there's no reason why it couldn't have run at a smooth 60fps since Ridge Racers looks better and achieves this.

They would not sell it to me at Gamestop... the price did not match the price on the game. They looked at it sort of weird and said they would need to hold it until they find out if it's a legit price drop in the system or a mistake.

I agree that the employees of this store are bullshitting you, they probably wanted it for themselves and screwed you out of a copy. When Dragon Quest 8 dropped to 20 bucks I went to a GS and asked for a copy and stated I beleive it had dropped to 20 bucks, the guy knew nothing of the price drop and checked it on the computer to be sure and with a suprised look on his face fetched the game without argument and told one of the other guys the price had dropped and that he'd be looking to buy his own real soon.

The thing I like about it most is the Crash mode. On top of the races are these 100 mini games that are great for quick plays.

As for the load times, 15 seconds for innitially loading a track, half that for a restart. EA has always sucked with load times and they always will probably because they want to preload all that expensive licenced music, but these load times are a bit easier to accept that the console versions to a slight degree.

Visibility is pretty good though understandable sometimes you might find it hard to see that semi bareing down on you, comming the opposite way at 200 MPH untill the last second sometimes. It's pretty bright, they didn't have all the lighting effects to deal with in the PS2 versions so it's clearer. As for comparing it to Burnout 3, it's more a compilation than just B3. There are tracks from the first 3 games as well as Crash stages (though I think most are from B3)

My 2-cent: 30 fps is perfectly adequet, it's the standard visual range. When it drops BELOW that is when it's visually unplesant. while it does happen it is rare, If you have a problem with 30 frames then it's more a personal preferance than a lack of inteligence (or even masculinity) You dont like 30 fine don't play it but dont expect others to share such a minor complaint.

[quote name='tiredfornow']thanks op! picked it up at 13.49 at gamecrazy while I was picking up some Whataburger, this game fucking rules! :p[/quote]

Nice double post there :applause:.

How'd you pick it up for 13.49?

One of the best PSP's games to date, and one of the few PSP games that had me hooked all the way to the end. Controls are decent, sense of speed is great, and it's perfectly suited to on-the-go gaming, especially with over 100 crash junctions. I paid $50 for it, and I don't regret is one bit; but for $20 or less, it's a no-brainer.

I bought this game long ago and I agree that it is one of the best games for the PSP. What about portable Burnout is not fun? Yes there are compromises for the portable format, but so what? I have Burnout 3 and Burnout Revenge for the XBox, both of which have sucked many hours from my life, and the PSP version has further deprived me of sleep and productivity. For $14.99, pick this one up pronto.

[quote name='Dra']I bought this game long ago and I agree that it is one of the best games for the PSP. What about portable Burnout is not fun? Yes there are compromises for the portable format, but so what? I have Burnout 3 and Burnout Revenge for the XBox, both of which have sucked many hours from my life, and the PSP version has further deprived me of sleep and productivity. For $14.99, pick this one up pronto.[/QUOTE]

Hehe, you have never played Burnout Legend on DS, that is a BO that is not fun. Stay away from the DS port.

[quote name='Dra']I bought this game long ago and I agree that it is one of the best games for the PSP. What about portable Burnout is not fun? Yes there are compromises for the portable format, but so what? I have Burnout 3 and Burnout Revenge for the XBox, both of which have sucked many hours from my life, and the PSP version has further deprived me of sleep and productivity. For $14.99, pick this one up pronto.[/QUOTE]

I think what made this game so great is that there were VERY FEW compromises from the console version. Easily the most console-feeling portable game I've ever played.

[quote name='Cow_tipper']Does anyone know if this price drop is gonna last or if it's just temporary?[/QUOTE]

If the price has dropped t mroe than one store I'd guess it to be permanant, the next batch will probably be GH stamped.

Although it's weird I was in best buy this afternoon and they still had the 29.99 sign on it. Granted I already got it used (like new) from GS for 24 and with a 10% discount so I didn't need to get it at this price but they really should have changed it by now.

[quote name='Alpha2']If the price has dropped t mroe than one store I'd guess it to be permanant, the next batch will probably be GH stamped.

Although it's weird I was in best buy this afternoon and they still had the 29.99 sign on it. Granted I already got it used (like new) from GS for 24 and with a 10% discount so I didn't need to get it at this price but they really should have changed it by now.[/quote]

Hmm. My Best Buy didn't even carry it anymore.

[quote name='paean']Hehe, you have never played Burnout Legend on DS, that is a BO that is not fun. Stay away from the DS port.[/quote]

True, true. I read the reviews for the DS version and never got it or played it. And I agree - very few compromises makes this game great. Still, no game is a 10/10 for the PSP yet. But this one is near the top of the list of PSP must-haves currently.

This game is almost perfect-just don't expect to be able to play multiplayer. I have been around and around with EA tech support, with no explaination of why multiplayer never worked with my PSP. A "Lost Connection to other player" error would pop up right after the countdown to race....still, it is a great value for this game.

bread's done
Back