Burnout Paradise - General Discussion & Info / TROPHY HUNTERS WELCOME!

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Also, Criterion has said that online will be disabled in the demo this week I think pending the imminent release of the actual game.[/quote]
Classy. I wonder if they've built a self-destruct timer into the full game for when the sequel comes out.

Stopped at my local GameStop to pick up the Steel Wheel card and noticed they already had copies of the game in-store (wouldn't cough them up though.) Saw on the GFaqs boards that some Best Buy stores have also already put the game out. Tried looking around the city (Colo Springs) but couldn't find anyone that's broken 'street date' here...

[quote name='Thomas96']I'd love to be able to record game clips, and record it to the ps3 hard drive and share clips of this game (and any game) via home, or you tube.[/quote]

Yeah didn't Burnout Revenge do this on the 360?

Man, I can't decide whether or not to get this on PS3 or 360......

PS3:
Works with my G25 Wheel & slightly better visuals

360:
Customizable sound track

did anyone pick this up?! I kinda want to go and get it.. but I ran out and bought Kane and Lynch.. after I played the demo. oh well.. I guess I'll wait till next pay period.

I've been playing the demo a lot today. I don't think I'll buy this at full price, but for $40 I think I'll bite. That said, anyone up for some online?

[quote name='Zoglog']Man, I can't decide whether or not to get this on PS3 or 360......

PS3:

360:
Customizable sound track[/quote]

WHAT!?!?!? the ps3 doesnt have customizable soundtrack? fuck!!!

[quote name='Zoglog']Man, I can't decide whether or not to get this on PS3 or 360......

PS3:

360:
Customizable sound track[/quote]

Trust me, you'll want custom soundtracks after listening to this game for 4 minutes (or, as soon as the Guns N Roses song is over).

So far so good. I only half around 30mins playtime last night but the game's pretty tight right now

If enough people get this we can have some good online nights. :D

Played enough last night to acquire 9 cars and earn my C license. I love that it's an open world so if there's a specific jump you want to keep trying to hit, you can keep going at it over and over until you're satisfied. Also, played a little of Showtime and it's not as bad (or as easy) as I thought it would be.

Feel free to add me if you're up for accomplishing Challenges.

Picked it up at lunch but not sure when I'm gonna get to play it in the next few days (I have a shit-ton of reading to do). You guys can add me since I'm sure I'll be up for some MP sometime.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']So far so good. I only half around 30mins playtime last night but the game's pretty tight right now

If enough people get this we can have some good online nights. :D[/quote]

its fun so far, played almost 2 hrs already. if i see you online i'll join ur game.

[quote name='metaly']So I just read that you can't turn the DJ off. I'm gonna pass on this one.[/quote]

I turned tips off so the only time I hear him is right before a race starts.

[quote name='fuss']Don't forget that $10 off any PS3 coupon for Best Buy is still valid for a few more days![/quote]

Awesome...thanks for the reminder. I had forgotten about that.

Kmart had the PS3 version in stock on Tuesday...I was going to grab it when I spied a copy of Persona 3, so I nabbed that instead.

I'll have to head to BB before the coupon expires.

[quote name='Nephlabobo']I will not buy a game that has in-game Wal-Mart ads.
fuck EA and fuck Burnout.[/quote]It does for real? Looks like I won't be buying this either.

[quote name='lanzarlaluna']It does for real? Looks like I won't be buying this either.[/QUOTE]
Among others. The Wal-Mart ad is in the form of 1 of 4 corporate vehicles. The Wal-Mart one is an F1 racer. If it's found elsewhere in the signage, I haven't seen it...

I guess I'm of the opinion that I don't mind ads as long as they don't interfere with the gameplay. Granted it would have been nice to see a drop in price (something I'm a firm believer in) from the standard $60 because we're being exposed to this advertising, but it didn't stop me from making, and feel good about, a purchase.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to putting this thing in my PS3, especially since it'll be my last puchase until 4-29.

I don't see why anyone would care if they had Walmart ads in the game. As long as it is not watermarked over the entire screen I could care less.

I've played two nights in a row now and there are ads in the game, but fudge if I can tell you what they are. Too busy flying by to stop and admire. It's not like there's a walmart ad on every street corner, hell in the 'country' section you don't see many at all.

Who cares about ads in the game? They're usually just on billboards alongside the road. I don't find real ads any different than made up ads that they would have instead.

So how many CAGers have Burnout? Was playing online with a few yesterday, but would be awesome if we could get several cagers racing together.

Not relevant to a Burnout discussion, but anyone offended by this blatant advertising should dust off their copy of JetMoto 3 for the ps1. Doritos and Moutain Dew painted bikes:rofl::rofl::roll:

Anyhow, I think this is just the beginning of an ugly pattern...and this time it may be here to stay.

Picked it up yesterday for my PS3 and played last night for about 3 hours. It's a blast.

The Showtime Mode is amazingly addictive, and I'm happy to see that Road Rage is back. The new Marked Man mode really cranks up the difficulty...it's frustrating, but not enough for me to put the controller down.

I'm liking the open world. I shared many of the concerns that have already been voiced about this change, but now that I've played it I feel like my worries were unfounded.

Wow, showtime mode is just plain awesome. I definitely had my doubts about getting this game after the demo, not liking the open world too much. However, the full game is just so damn fun I'm glad I decided to buy it

Call me old fashion but I want to race in a racing game. Screwing around in freeburn mode is BS. Sure it can be fun but I rally wish there was a racing only mode.

[quote name='Shoki']Call me old fashion but I want to race in a racing game. Screwing around in freeburn mode is BS. Sure it can be fun but I rally wish there was a racing only mode.[/quote]

You're old fashioned.

Or, "old fashion", as you say.

doh! LOL

Yeah well... I am really liking the single player. I just need to figure out how the online is suposed to work.

[quote name='Shoki']doh! LOL

Yeah well... I am really liking the single player. I just need to figure out how the online is suposed to work.[/quote]
You should be able to set up races if you're the host of the freeburn, as it should be in the menu.

[quote name='brduvel']I have seen a ton of Comp USA ads. Probably not money well spent on thier behalf. :lol:[/quote]

This is the only ad in the game that I even notice. Maybe one of the updates will slap a going out of business sale banner on the signs, LOL.

I find it funny that before the game was released there was a general consensus to avoid it. Now many are enjoying it tremendously. I am one of the ones that thinks it kicks ass. I know some parts are changed from the burnout formula, but damn this game is beautiful, fast, addictive and FUN!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You should be able to set up races if you're the host of the freeburn, as it should be in the menu.[/quote]

Yeah I guess I will try hosting a few games. I don't usually like the responsibility but I wanna race. I figure things well settle down after folks have checked out all the new modes and start playing more races.

A good host will be like a good DJ or tour guide picking a great mix of events.

Anyone have some good tips on Showtime mode? If this is suppsed to be the "replacement" for crash mode, it's pretty dissapointing...

Also does anyone know how to access the friends list and mic settings window (the one that looks like XMB) when playing freburn online? It works offline mode but in online more they changed around the pause menus...

[quote name='Atari Warlord']This is the only ad in the game that I even notice. Maybe one of the updates will slap a going out of business sale banner on the signs, LOL.[/quote]

LOL...that would be awesome!

I've seen Burger Kings billboards, even crashed into one of them (from a distance it looks like a Burnout billboard).

I've also noticed a bunch of Diesel on the streets. I even drove past a Diesel store once.

[quote name='Shoki']Call me old fashion but I want to race in a racing game. Screwing around in freeburn mode is BS. Sure it can be fun but I rally wish there was a racing only mode.[/QUOTE]

well we're rallying for you too!

bread's done
Back