Burnout Paradise - General Discussion & Info / TROPHY HUNTERS WELCOME!

[quote name='Sinistar']I'm debating whether or not to start my game over to get all the trophies. :([/quote]

I did... just for the heck of it. I think I now have about twenty of these trophies so far. ;)

I've held off playing Paradise for a while now, the speed.....the trophies....I'm hooked. Didn't want to stop driving around :drool: :lol:

I earned about 16 trophies in an hour or so, 15 minutes of that being online. Online is really fun, but needs some cooperation.

[quote name='KingBroly']I earned about 16 trophies in an hour or so, 15 minutes of that being online. Online is really fun, but needs some cooperation.[/QUOTE]

A lot of times when we all have to meet somewhere, there's one dumbass fucking around in some remote area. Otherwise the online is great.

[quote name='orko60']A lot of times when we all have to meet somewhere, there's one dumbass fucking around in some remote area. Otherwise the online is great.[/quote]

Ran into that situation myself actually.

Has anyone found this glitch yet?Every time I bump into a wall straight head on but not fast,it gets stuck on the wall and I can't get "unstuck".It's annoying since I can only unstuck myself by quitting the game.Otherwise,I'm loving this game again.I backed up my file and started a new one.

I caved in and saved my old game...if there's a plan for a cag night...this one would prolly peak my interest for a while. Just need to know if it's going to be cars or bikes...heh I dont have jack on my cars but I have all the bikes again.

Not any particular glitches that I can speak of just yet, although I plan on turning up the brightness for the nighttime events, especially ones that send me up through the Mountains. I lost a race because of that. Good thing there was an event right there which led me back to the city.

I have...25 trophies so far. They're kinda just happening for me for the most part. I tried the online out a bit, and it's really fun. I've probably put...3 hours into it, and I'm really enjoying it thus far.

I'm not sure it it's a good thing or a bad thing that the trophies just sort of "happen." You don't really have to do anything goofy except play the game. They just keep popping up; I love it!

KingBroly, I sent you a friend request. Add me and we can play (Zackiechan)

[quote name='KingBroly']Not any particular glitches that I can speak of just yet, although I plan on turning up the brightness for the nighttime events, especially ones that send me up through the Mountains. I lost a race because of that. Good thing there was an event right there which led me back to the city.

I have...25 trophies so far. They're kinda just happening for me for the most part. I tried the online out a bit, and it's really fun. I've probably put...3 hours into it, and I'm really enjoying it thus far.[/quote]
lol,yeah I did a race and it gave me a trophy.

They really ARE addicting.

What's ironic is that I had about 194 smashed yellow roadblocks, and got my trophy for 200 of them, but don't get the trophies for 10 or 50 of them. Argh!

I spent 3 hours playing last night and got 25% of the trophies. Thank god you, for the most part, don't have to get everything to get all the trophies.

[quote name='KingBroly']Although I need 10 miles in a bike with 8 people on.[/quote]

That one isn't too hard. All you need to do is go online in a 8 player game and just ride like the wind. Fairly easy to ride 10 miles.

Agreed though. We need a burnout night.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']That one isn't too hard. All you need to do is go online in a 8 player game and just ride like the wind. Fairly easy to ride 10 miles.

Agreed though. We need a burnout night.[/QUOTE]It will be next week. We might do Tuesday and Thursday until Wipeout gets patched.

Me too

Note: If you played the retail version before the PSN version, and have a save file, that save file won't work with the PSN version and vice versa.

I never realized it would be so hard to get 10 lousy freeburn challenges. Took like an hour. Games I join don't want to just do a couple easy ones, when I invite people they don't join, and when I make an open game no one joins for half an hour.

When you're online, someone starts a challenge, something like "everyone do a jump" or "everyone crash into each other while flying off a bridge."

Read earlier on the Criterion Boards that you don't necessarily need to make a new save to get trophies. For instance, if the trophy is "win a race," you can do that with your existing save, because you can win a race any time. If it is "win 1 race," then you'd need a new file because you only win your first race once. That should make the bike trophies easier for me, as I was already well on my way to 100%.

[quote name='pete5883']I never realized it would be so hard to get 10 lousy freeburn challenges. Took like an hour. Games I join don't want to just do a couple easy ones, when I invite people they don't join, and when I make an open game no one joins for half an hour.[/quote]

Do the 10 freeburn challenges have to be completed in one game or just over multiple sittings?

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Is the motorcycle patch already included in the PSN download?[/quote]
Yes but not the trophy patch. You will be prompted for trophy path when you boot the game.

Is there any easy was to get from the area all the way out west to the main city. I was playing with the bike a bit and found things that landed me out there but then nothing to take me back to town (a bunch seemed to be night only).

It's also really cool how it shows when people on your friends list complete races and stuff. Is that real time, or does it just display them somewhat randomly?

it's semi real time. all stats get uploaded to the criterion bp servers and then you get updates periodically in batches.

Should we start a new thread for this game now that the online version is out and lot more people have it? I don't think the OP is ever around to update the title if we want to get some online going.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']Should we start a new thread for this game now that the online version is out and lot more people have it? I don't think the OP is ever around to update the title if we want to get some online going.[/QUOTE]If people want me to start a thread, I can.

[quote name='DarthPuma']Is night much to dark for anyone else?

Glad to have the game again though. Shame I sold it in the first place.[/quote]

I had problems with it too. I set the brightness up to 55/56 and I have no problems with it now. It might be a bit too bright, though.

[quote name='bornrunnin31']Should we start a new thread for this game now that the online version is out and lot more people have it? I don't think the OP is ever around to update the title if we want to get some online going.[/QUOTE]

I was around... no one mentioned any new dates to me. oh well new thread started.

So has anybody done a comparison between the visuals on the Disc version vs the PSN version?
It's hard to imagine how a 3.3gb PSN download can look as good as a blu-ray. regardless of how well the PSN version is compressed.
I hope I'm wrong. I'd rather have the PSN version.

[quote name='sunnysky']So has anybody done a comparison between the visuals on the Disc version vs the PSN version?
It's hard to imagine how a 3.3gb PSN download can look as good as a blu-ray. regardless of how well the PSN version is compressed.
I hope I'm wrong. I'd rather have the PSN version.[/quote]

Although visually it looks identical, I've had a few occasions of slow down (nothing significant) on the psn version and for the life of me I never encountered that in the disc version.

There's gotta be less in there than the disc version but what was cut if anything I don't know.

[quote name='StrandedBrit']Although visually it looks identical, I've had a few occasions of slow down (nothing significant) on the psn version and for the life of me I never encountered that in the disc version.

There's gotta be less in there than the disc version but what was cut if anything I don't know.[/quote]

I've had the opposite. When I originally played the disc version the game would stop and go gray while it loaded. Haven't had that problem here. Might be a disc read speed vs. hdd read speed thing here. But it looks identical from what I remember (not including bikes, of course).

I can't imagine them cutting all too much. I'm pretty sure it's the same game. Just b/c it's on BR doesn't mean they have to fill the whole disk. The city recycles a lot of textures which usually amount to lots of space taken up on a disc. Any cross platform game must fit on at most 1-2 DVDs due to the 360. Most ps3 games unless it's an exclusive or the forthcoming Rage will not take advantage of the space offered on the BR disc.

The only thing I've seen cut is that all the preorder cars aren't available anymore. 75 vs. 79 total vehicles. There's no option to enter the code. The car data must still be in the game in case someone online uses it.

bread's done
Back