Burnout Paradise - General Discussion & Info / TROPHY HUNTERS WELCOME!

I recently grabbed Big Surf Island. If anyone has it and is interested in doing the BSI Freeburns, let me know so we can set it up.

Finding it hard to get into games doing island challenges or getting people in mine who have BSI (can you set it up so only BSI people can get in?). I also still need a ton of regular freeburns, if anyone wants to play.

I'd be down. Don't have any DLC though.. just the greatest hits game. Won't be able to log onto my PS3 until like 1-2 weeks later though (I'm on winter break).

no for BSI you need to have the DLC in order to do the BSI freeburns so without it you can't help mis0. I have the Island Saint Noir msg me on PSN and I'll help ya out. i really need to schedule some time for a CAG burnout night because it's very frustrating trying to do some of the 5-6 player challenges with strangers. 30% of whom don't even move. i mean why join freeburn and then stop moving?

[quote name='Wolfkin']no for BSI you need to have the DLC in order to do the BSI freeburns so without it you can't help mis0. I have the Island Saint Noir msg me on PSN and I'll help ya out. i really need to schedule some time for a CAG burnout night because it's very frustrating trying to do some of the 5-6 player challenges with strangers. 30% of whom don't even move. i mean why join freeburn and then stop moving?[/QUOTE]

Ugh. Yeah. One guy today, after I got about 6 islanders in a game, he just did donuts. New person joined and asked what challenge we were doing.. he replied "I'm just drifting." Thanks a lot jerk. fuck

But yeah, lets try to get a few people together.

I would be down to host a few CAG matches tonight, but I'm busy with the U2 clan on Saturday nights.

If you're interested in having a "clan" game, please post what time/day works best for you in this thread.

Sorry for the bump, but I'm trying to get platinum.
I'm trying to get the "invite a friend" trophy, but nobody on my friends list plays burnout anymore. Would anyone be willing to help me get it? :)

[quote name='ROB64']Sorry for the bump, but I'm trying to get platinum.
I'm trying to get the "invite a friend" trophy, but nobody on my friends list plays burnout anymore. Would anyone be willing to help me get it? :)[/QUOTE]

I will. Add me and tell me when.

[quote name='ROB64']Cool, can you get online right now?[/QUOTE]

I can in about 15 minutes. IF that's cool, invite me, and then I will pop on in a second.

[quote name='bjstucker']I really need the online trophies for this can anyone help I can help with another game if needed and I have it.[/QUOTE]

List what you need and I probably can. Maybe tonight, but probably this weekend for sure. Sposed to get some winter weather = me indoors.

Same here. I haven't played Burnout in a while, but I'm always willing to help. Hopefully I can get some more challenges done as well.

all of them it looks like online stunt run , 8 player in stadium, roadrage , marked man jump over someones car . sorry writing this from ps3 might pick up big surf tonight

[quote name='SynGamer']Anyone up for some big island surf freeburn challenges?[/QUOTE]

I'm game if more people join. It's not as fun running FB challenges with like 3 people as opposed to a full party.

I miss this game, I haven't played it in awhile.

you guys just have to give me a few days. All trending well I should be out of the hospital by the weekend. Heck as much as I do need the 6-8 player challenges I'll go for whatever number we get long as we can get a crew that's at least trying them.

[quote name='Saint Noir']I'm on. Invite me into your game if you still wanna play.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the help. Hopefully we can get a group of people on for the Party and Cops n Robbers stuff.

I don't have those, but would definitely be interested in grabbing the cops/robbers pack if others wanted to play.

And next time I'll mic up! :lol:

[quote name='Saint Noir']And next time I'll mic up! :lol:[/QUOTE]

That would be ideal. It's hard to co-ordinate the near misses when we can't talk, hence the takedowns ;) :D

it looks like on psn they have burnout paradise and all DLC for $29.99 or all DLC for 19.99. i was thinking of buying the full game as i don't have it, is this something i should invest money in or is it pretty much dead online now?

There is still quite a bit of online interest in the game... all this time later. It is easy to get into a full and fun game. It really hasn't been dethroned as the fun racer of this gen. It will be interesting to see if ModNation, Blur, or Split/Second can establish a good following.

If you have the HD space, 30 bucks for everything is a fantastic price.

if anyone wants or needs help in the freeburn challenges I am always willing to help out despite having all 500 of them already. Always nice to meet other players and see people who still enjoy the game.

If you run the latest patched version of Burnout, it shouldn't be very big at all. The most current edition has all the heavy stuff already inside... you are essentially buying unlocks to access it.

Does this game have any gamesharing limitations? I keep getting confused on what is gameshareable and what isn't. That $30 everything pack looks pretty good. I always hear such good things about this game. I wasn't too impressed with the demo, but for $6 it deserves a second chance.

You weren't impressed? I love Burnout 3 and had my reservations about Paradise but BP is easily one of my favorite racing games of all-time. It just feels huge, especially with Big Surf Island. There are a plethora of challenges and with up to 8 players able to play together, there's tons of fun to be had...

Yes, I went in it expecting paradise to be full of cars exploding, so my reservations were too strong :p Which is why I want to give it a second chance.

[quote name='snakelda']If anyone buys the $20 DLC pack,could you post how big it is?I'm running low on space and want to know if I have enough. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

The pack ended up being 7 100kb unlock keys. If you're patched up, you should be good.

Bump. I have about 6 trophies left to make this 100%. I have all of the DLC I believe...if anyone is up for some fun tonight, let me know. Looking to do the Party trophies primarily.

Thought to resurrect this thread, since I only need the damn Wildcat trophy. Can anyone help me with this stupid trophy. I also have some DLC trophies to get (8 man lobby required for the bike trophy). If you guys could spare like 30 minutes I would be ever so grateful. How about aiming for Thursday night (1/27/11), gives enough time to plan ahead? Aim for 9 PM PST. I have a few friends who also need this, but relying on random in game players is hit or miss.

To do the Wildcat Stadium trophy, just start a road rage (there's one a little bit west of the stadium I think) and drive in the stadium and just sit there). You'll eventually get the trophy.
You can go ahead and add me (jweaver64), I need the bike trophy as well, so I'll try to be online at that time (though it's kind of late).

I can help out. I remember getting it with randoms... always one guy who didn't go to the stadium. Frustrating. There are challenges to do that should corral people there eventually though. So, you can get it with a little patience.

I'm waiting to get this through goozex. I played almost all the burnouts on :ps2: For some reason though I always get up to the 9th level (license? challenge set?) and end up quitting or getting 'burntout' before the 10th. It's like there's never a big enough reward for finishing the game.

After I finish NFS I might have to go back to this. I loved Paradise but I stopped playing a while ago due to other distractions. NFS reminds me of how awesome Burnout is.

This is one of my favorite games of all time. I spent probably close to 200 hours playing it as I replayed it for a lot of the trophies. I think I need the Wildcat trophy still too, so I should be able to help out on Thursday. I usually log in late at night anyway. Wrencrest is my PSN

bread's done
Back