Burnout Paradise GS Drop $19.99 PS3/X360

Hmm...Very tempting. Is it worth picking up? Been thinking about it for some time now.

Damn it, and I just bought it last week at Best Buy.

Yeah, it's incredibly worth it. Best racing game on the market imo.

Fun game.

I still hate the open world aspect though. They could have at least included a "retry" option when you didn't win an event.

[quote name='superman37876']Hmm...Very tempting. Is it worth picking up? Been thinking about it for some time now.[/quote]
I liked Takedown and Revenge better, but Paradise is still worth getting, especially at $20.

[quote name='superman37876']Hmm...Very tempting. Is it worth picking up? Been thinking about it for some time now.[/quote]

I second Touy's endorsement -- Burnout Paradise is awesome, and the amount of free downloadable content is staggering.

If you don't have this, get it.

[quote name='whoknows']Fun game.

I still hate the open world aspect though. They could have at least included a "retry" option when you didn't win an event.[/quote]

So you have to drive back across the map to restart a race if you don't win?

[quote name='Touy']Damn it, and I just bought it last week at Best Buy.

Yeah, it's incredibly worth it. Best racing game on the market imo.[/quote]

Get a price adjustment - they should be able to go to the gamestop website or call the nearest one.

[quote name='superman37876']So you have to drive back across the map to restart a race if you don't win?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. It's my biggest problem with the game.

[quote name='whoknows']Yeah. It's my biggest problem with the game.[/quote]

Hmm... for $20 it's not too bad, but that driving back to the start kind of sucks.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']I heard an updated version of Burnout Paradise is coming out. Is that right?[/quote]
Yes. It's going to be called Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box and it's going to have all the updates that came out in 2008 and the party pack that's coming out.

I don't know what other packs will be in it

I'm on it as soon as Amazon drops their price.

I heard on the Cagcast there's some special vehicles coming for it - like KITT from Knight Rider. Is that content free?

I would wait until the Ultimate Party Pack is released, it comes with a patch (for all versions I'm guessing) that adds a retry option.

[quote name='david12795']A true CAG would wait for a coupon (20 percent off w/ edge) and they can get this for $12 dollars :p

Btw is a temporary price drop?[/quote]

Does Edge give you another 20% off of new games on top of the coupon?

[quote name='jaybird']I'm on it as soon as Amazon drops their price.

I heard on the Cagcast there's some special vehicles coming for it - like KITT from Knight Rider. Is that content free?[/quote]

I don't think that content will be free. There is a video on youtube that shows the new vehicles. Click this link. One looks like the Ghostbusters vehicle, Dukes of Hazzard Charger and KITT.

[quote name='nnthomas']I would wait until the Ultimate Party Pack is released, it comes with a patch (for all versions I'm guessing) that adds a retry option.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't that be more expensive?

edit: GAH, now with this price drop I dunno whether to get this OR BF: Bad Company at Best Buy for $20 :bomb: both are such great games, but is the online community in this one dead?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Does Edge give you another 20% off of new games on top of the coupon?[/quote]

No wait I mean was

Normally GS gives 20% coupons for used ps3/360 Wii games

Since a used burnout paradise is 18 the coupon+ edge would make it $11

[quote name='nnthomas']I would wait until the Ultimate Party Pack is released, it comes with a patch (for all versions I'm guessing) that adds a retry option.[/quote]

Aww, now I think I'd rather wait for this. Unless we can use buy Ultimate party pack and update on the current burnout game?

[quote name='david12795']Aww, now I think I'd rather wait for this. Unless we can use buy Ultimate party pack and update on the current burnout game?[/quote]

Yeah, it's likely Criterion is going release the party mode as DLC you can buy. Hmm..I've been meaning to Burnout Paradise.. but hmm can I get it even cheaper..

[quote name='david12795']No wait I mean was

Normally GS gives 20% coupons for used ps3/360 Wii games

Since a used burnout paradise is 18 the coupon+ edge would make it $11[/quote]

So Edge gives you an additional 20% off of used games? I'm just not familiar with Edge at all - I don't think I've been in a GS for a few years now - not since I got my Wii from there Black Friday of 2006. What other benefits does Edge give you? I couldn't find any info on their website. 11 for this game would definitely be even sweeter.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']So Edge gives you an additional 20% off of used games? I'm just not familiar with Edge at all - I don't think I've been in a GS for a few years now - not since I got my Wii from there Black Friday of 2006. What other benefits does Edge give you? I couldn't find any info on their website. 11 for this game would definitely be even sweeter.[/quote]

Well, edge gives you 10 percent.

But GS does often give you coupons such as 20 percent on used games. and you can combine that with edge card making it 30 percent. :)

Also, edge gives you 10 percent more Trade in value.

an edge card cost like 15 bucks but luckily, cheap ass gamer has it for a mere 2 dollars :D

go here for more details:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153027

It's DEFINITELY worth it for 2 bucks.

[quote name='Laughing Man']Yeah, it's likely Criterion is going release the party mode as DLC you can buy. Hmm..I've been meaning to Burnout Paradise.. but hmm can I get it even cheaper..[/quote]

Oh lol. Forgot about DLC. Mind you, I just got a PS3.

[quote name='david12795']Well, edge gives you 10 percent.

But GS does often give you coupons such as 20 percent on used games. and you can combine that with edge card making it 30 percent. :)

Also, edge gives you 10 percent more Trade in value.

an edge card cost like 15 bucks but luckily, cheap ass gamer has it for a mere 2 dollars :D

go here for more details:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153027

It's DEFINITELY worth it for 2 bucks.[/quote]

THANKS ALOT! And here I thought GS was the devil! Apparently some good deals can be scored from them.

EDIT - When you say GS gives you 20% coupons - do I have to sign up for an email list or something?

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']THANKS ALOT! And here I thought GS was the devil! Apparently some good deals can be scored from them.[/quote]

Haha no problem. You just gotta find a loophole from the infamous GS.

I hated the open world thing. I rather play Burnout Revenge and dont have to deal with driving around like a fool trying to find a race...

[quote name='Nohbdy']Don't play first person shooters on a console.[/quote]
Or play first person shooters on consoles when you cannot afford a PC that will run them, or your friends play on consoles, or you care about achievements/trophies, or you enjoy controllers better, or you want to play on tv larger than your PC monitor.

it's not perfect, for example, you can't instantly restart races and always have to keep your eye on the map, but I sank about 60 hours into it. It's the only racer I've gotten into this generation.

[quote name='Nohbdy']Don't play first person shooters on a console.[/QUOTE]
Seriously?

I may have to jump on this.

I might be the only guy to say this, but I love EA, they drop prices on quality games faster then anyone in the industry. Burnout is a must have at this price. Highly recomended.

In for one. Man, I just got Turok, Soul Caliber IV and Condemned 2 today...the backlog just gets bigger and bigger x.x

[quote name='keiblerfan69']Buy three at that price. I am playing it so much right now and I have had it since day one.[/QUOTE]

But who do you play with? I can imagine having fun with this game and playing online if you have friends that also own it, but none of my friends do :( Is it still worth getting in that case?

[quote name='nnthomas']I would wait until the Ultimate Party Pack is released, it comes with a patch (for all versions I'm guessing) that adds a retry option.[/quote]

Aw man...if that retry option is true, then this game would truly be perfect, and the probably the only racing game I'd play this gen.:bouncy:

I don't usually play racing games, but I definitely would recommend this. I picked it up at target for this price a while ago and I absolutely love it.

[quote name='kart007k']I might be the only guy to say this, but I love EA, they drop prices on quality games faster then anyone in the industry. Burnout is a must have at this price. Highly recomended.[/quote]

There's a lot less hate for EA nowadays since they've changed their ways and Activision is the new old EA.

bread's done
Back