Burnout: Revenge lowered to $39.99!? (PS2/XB)

[quote name='CheapyD']$40 Xbox version

$60 Xbox 360 version[/quote]

This makes me wonder: If the 360 is backwards compatible with all Xbox games, and companies release a bunch of games on both XB/360, would the original XB ones be released at a reduced price?

[quote name='KongaKing']60 bucks for the 360 version...bleeeeeh..[/QUOTE]

Yep, it's going to be interesting to see who's going to be willing to pay $60 for 360 games that are basically the same ones coming out at $40 and $50 for the PS2 and Xbox. EA's got quite a few of these overlapping titles scheduled for release.

I thought that XBox games this fall would just be BC with the 360, I really hope there's not two seperate versions..

[quote name='Scorch']I thought that XBox games this fall would just be BC with the 360, I really hope there's not two seperate versions..[/QUOTE]

The 360 version will have much better graphics than the xbox version. While the 360 will be BC with XBOX, it can't make massive graphic improvements in xbox1 games. I'm sure we will see a lot of games released on both XBOX and X360, with better graphics on the X360 version. Just like when PS2 came out they released the same games on both PS2 and PS1 to cater to people who don't have PS2 yet.

In other words, if you want the best looking version of this title, I'd definitely hold off forthe xbox360 version.

[quote name='Ruined']nice deal, but I'm waiting for the xbox360 version of burnout revenge coming out this fall :)[/QUOTE]

Has there been news on the differences between the Xbox and 360 versions? Based upon EA's past efforts, I wouldn't expect much of anything. Why spend extra time making the game better when the overwhelming majority of your userbase for these games is PS2 and Xbox?

[quote name='shipwreck']Yep, it's going to be interesting to see who's going to be willing to pay $60 for 360 games that are basically the same ones coming out at $40 and $50 for the PS2 and Xbox. EA's got quite a few of these overlapping titles scheduled for release.[/QUOTE]

Maybe that is part of EA's strategery on some games...$40 for the Xbox version / $60 for the 360.

Tiger Woods 2006 (Xbox) $40
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/257556.asp
Tiger Woods 2006 (Xbox 360) $60
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/257311.asp

I see that Fifa 2006 and some others are priced $50/$60, so there goes that theory.

Anyway, all these prices are subject to change....

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']more proof that microsoft is realizing the 360 way to early, with the slide of drastic pricing.[/QUOTE]

What are you going on about?

sorry i meant releasing.

what im going on about is this:

third party publishers are showing they aren't ready for a new console yet by realeasing two versions of the same game for the same platform (both microsoft xboxs) essentially.

we dont know about any advantages the 360 revenge has over the normal xbox's, but if there gonna be the exact same, then maybe microsoft should of considered waiting maybe another 6-12 monthes before releasing the next xbox so the third party support could catch up.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']sorry i meant releasing.

third party publishers are showing they aren't ready for a new console yet by realeasing two versions of the same game for the same platform (both microsoft xboxs) essentially.

we dont know about any advantages the 360 revenge has over the normal xbox's, but if there gonna be the exact same, then maybe microsoft should of considered waiting maybe another 6-12 monthes before releasing the next xbox so the third party support could catch up.[/QUOTE]

I guarantee that the PS3 at launch will also have overlapping titles with the PS2. It's not a matter of coming out too soon, it's just how things work. The 360 might be coming out too soon, but that is a different conversation.

i think its coming out to soon on personal opinion, im so backlogged on great games , theres no time to play them all! If it came out in another year, maybe id be more inclined to spend the money on the 360, but for now i have so many games im happy enough that i see no purpose in dropping 60 on 360 games..

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']sorry i meant releasing.

third party publishers are showing they aren't ready for a new console yet by realeasing two versions of the same game for the same platform (both microsoft xboxs) essentially.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened with PS1 titles when PS2 came out, as does most consoles if they are not dead (i.e. n64). Nothing new here.

[quote name='shipwreck']Has there been news on the differences between the Xbox and 360 versions? Based upon EA's past efforts, I wouldn't expect much of anything. Why spend extra time making the game better when the overwhelming majority of your userbase for these games is PS2 and Xbox?[/QUOTE]

There should be quite a large difference. At a minimum the XBOX360 version will offer 1280x720 resolution with 4xAA while the XBOX1 version will likely only offer 720x480 resolution with no AA or 2xQ AA at best.

Likely though, we will see a significant difference aside from resolution and AA between the two. EA's X360 launch titles look quite good graphically so far.

[quote name='shipwreck']Yep, it's going to be interesting to see who's going to be willing to pay $60 for 360 games that are basically the same ones coming out at $40 and $50 for the PS2 and Xbox. EA's got quite a few of these overlapping titles scheduled for release.[/QUOTE]

Well if the graphics are better I would rather have the 360 version.

That's like comparing Madden 2005 for PS1 to the PS2 version. It's really a no brainer. Sure it's cheaper on the PS1 but who would choose it if they have both systems?

FWIW, the PS2 and Xbox versions look nearly identical (as I believe was true with Burnout 3). Definitely no Custom Soundtracks on the PS2 version, but as far as graphics go, the Xbox only has a slight edge.

can someone tell me how great the graphics really are on xbox 360 compared to regular xbox? are we gonna see the drastic improvement from psx-ps2 or is the difference going to be like how it is between ps2 and xbox. Also this applies to people who play on regular TVs not fancy stuff.

[quote name='CheapyD']FWIW, the PS2 and Xbox versions look nearly identical (as I believe was true with Burnout 3). Definitely no Custom Soundtracks on the PS2 version, but as far as graphics go, the Xbox only has a slight edge.[/QUOTE]

Is that with just screenshots? Cause the actual video might be really different. Like Need For Speed: Underground. PS2 is noticably terrible compared to all platforms. On top of looking poorly, it also ran under 30fps a lot of the time. It was like playing Megaman on NES all over again. Slowdowns galore!

[quote name='Indiana']Well if the graphics are better I would rather have the 360 version.

That's like comparing Madden 2005 for PS1 to the PS2 version. It's really a no brainer. Sure it's cheaper on the PS1 but who would choose it if they have both systems?[/QUOTE]

I don't think going from XBOX to 360 will make nearly as much difference in graphics as going from PS1 to PS2.

I guess we should try to look at the positive aspect of this where the original Xbox will have more and more new games releasing at $40.

Anyways, hot dog on the price for Revenge! That's a good price for a game anytime of the day.

I'll also probably pay $60 for only 1 game on the 360, Gears of War, now that's a fine looking game as shown above.

-Cal

[quote name='topplehat']So games will retail for 60 bucks in the upcoming generation. :([/QUOTE]

It's been mentioned numerous times. But wait about a year & 1/2, prices usually drop when a steady amount of consumers own a system.

As for the Xbox & 360 prices, it's a given that 360 version is going to souped with better graphics. Plus people that own Xbox are going to be the most likely to get a 360 when it's out, so the $40 price tag is a way to get those people to buy the game for a older system(god, I can't believe I'm saying the Xbox is obsolete).

For those interested in getting a Xbox cheap, check around this holiday season, I'm betting that used Xbox console prices will drop(cause you know a lot of people will be trading them in for the Xbox 360).

[quote name='Indiana']That's like comparing Madden 2005 for PS1 to the PS2 version. It's really a no brainer. Sure it's cheaper on the PS1 but who would choose it if they have both systems?[/quote]

I saw that in the video store today and wondered why companies even make games for the PS1 anymore. Most people own a current gen console if they're still into games. Who would pay $20 for a PS1 version of Madden '05 when you get a PS2 version for $30? It's like EA's just throwing money releasing the PS1 version.

bread's done
Back