But you need Salt Swords to kill giant slugs! It's GGT #58!

Status
Not open for further replies.
wahoo....

pickups from today...

I picked up the Metal Gear Solid novelization the other day... went to Toys R' Us today and was surprised at some of the deals they had there... some games my daughter picked out, some for myself...

2610059062_1a43a0407e.jpg

Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales (DS) - $9.98
Jam Sessions (DS) - $5.00

2609228501_e80cd6e3b6.jpg

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (PS3)- $9.98
Virtua Tennis 3 (PS3) - $9.98

2610059450_097e4cab0b.jpg

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (PS3) - $9.98
Jeanne D'Arc (PSP) - $9.98

Tempted to check other TRU stores tomorrow x_x

I've been playing Double Agent for awhile now, and this game is either a lazy port (playing the PS3 version) or it's lacking a lot of polish.

Either way, reviews mentioned nothing of this, and if they had I wouldn't have gotten the game. Oh well, I think I can still enjoy it.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would want to pay full price for a game when they don't have to.

I know I cringe whenever I do it.. ;(

I hate the next gen pricepoints with a passion.

But I'm guilty of being a gaming whore ... X_X

Man... I really need to go pick up Lost Odyssey. I keep holding on getting the game for no good reason at all...

I won't be doing much gaming today since I have been roped into taking my sister and her friend to Six Flags in NJ.

Good morning GGT!

My GF borrowed a portable AC unit from a co-worker, so at least its not so hot in my apartment anymore. Damn thing is noisy as hell tho.

Gonna play some more P3. I finished up the student council treasurer and over halfway thru the team manager. Is it possible to max out on all the social links? Cause damn, time flies and there's only so much you can do in a day.

I was driving into work this morning and the cars licence plate infront started GGT, it was a beautiful moment.........well it was a moment.

Made some good progress on Enchanted Arms last night, then boosted some Def Jam Icon cheesemints before they shut down the servers on July 1st.

Picked up that Monster Jam game for the 360 from today's Amazon DOTD, I have the strange desire to play a Monster Truck game, and you can't really complain at $16.

[quote name='benjamouth']I was driving into work this morning and the cars licence plate infront started GGT, it was a beautiful moment.........well it was a moment.

Made some good progress on Enchanted Arms last night, then boosted some Def Jam Icon cheesemints before they shut down the servers on July 1st.

Picked up that Monster Jam game for the 360 from today's Amazon DOTD, I have the strange desire to play a Monster Truck game, and you can't really complain at $16.[/QUOTE]Not sure if you saw my post in the other GGT, but the 80GB PS3 consoles w/ Metal Gear Solid 4 have been floating around B&M. I saw some while I was at Target on Monday (while on a trip), so you may come across one.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']Not sure if you saw my post in the other GGT, but the 80GB PS3 consoles w/ Metal Gear Solid 4 have been floating around B&M. I saw some while I was at Target on Monday (while on a trip), so you may come across one.[/quote]

Thanks TMK, unfortunately I had to shell out for a new 360 last week, so funds are a bit limited.

I will be going to Target tonight and if they have the pack instock I may well think about it.

Appreciate the info.

Etrian Odyssey is pretty fun!

I guess that's why I'm an oldschool gamer at heart =O

Not enough games have exploration as a theme anymore...

Started DMC4 last night. The combat is a bit jarring compared to NG. Definitely a different vibe. I've gotta read up on the story, my little bit of time with DMC1 is only taking me so far in knowing what on earth is going on ;)

It's Wednesday! I'm never sure if I like Wednesday because it's 1/2 way through the week, or dislike it because it's still a long way from Friday afternoon.

Yes sir. Hope you're enjoying that GGPO+ esque netcode...

Some rollbacks but input lag is nonexistent compared to Hyper Fighting...

gaming update!

beat Jeanne Darc
played sum stages in Crush, now have the first 3 worlds completed.
began Tales of Symphonia for the GC/Wii
might fire up Disgaea on PSP

sum guy on another forum told me this:

[quote name='coffeerox']dude fuck a tv.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001268

perfect 16:9, one of the few rare but quality monitors that supports 1:1 pixel mapping (which means everytime a resolution is changed, the aspect ratio will change accordingly. mine doesnt have that so the picture is stretched a little)

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10231&cs_id=1023104&p_id=2404&seq=1&format=2

HDMI to DVI-D cable on the cheap, this is what I got

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...d=10218&cs_id=1021804&p_id=666&seq=1&format=2

RCA to 3.5mm on the cheap, this is also what I got. I use this to plug in to my Line-In on my computer and I get audio through my speakers but also get audio from my PC if I wanted to stop playing and switch to PC. If you arent planning on sitting the monitor anywhere near a PC then use this along with the product above to hook it directly into PC speakers.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...d=10401&cs_id=1040109&p_id=678&seq=1&format=2

Assuming you already got PC speakers, you can get all this for around 300 give or take which is pretty damn awesome for HD and you can even hook up a HDDVR if you wanted.[/QUOTE]whooo! I think he means I can do HD on my computer monitor and that now I dont gotta buy a HDTV!!!

I needa buy all those cables now and figure out how to do all that

Seems kinda needless though, or shallow. Why are you asking people to support your game before they've played it? That doesn't make any sense.

A thread like that would've made more sense, maybe, a week or two after release. Overall, it he just oozes overcompensation for lack of internal self-confidence.

[quote name='JEKKI']g
whooo! I think he means I can do HD on my computer monitor and that now I dont gotta buy a HDTV!!!

I needa buy all those cables now and figure out how to do all that[/QUOTE]

If you're ok with a small monitor....

I could never go back to anything under 50".

[quote name='dmaul1114']If you're ok with a small monitor....

I could never go back to anything under 50".[/quote]All about the viewing distance though. I think most people sit far closer to their monitors than their TV, so a smaller monitor really isn't a problem.

[quote name='daroga']All about the viewing distance though. I think most people sit far closer to their monitors than their TV, so a smaller monitor really isn't a problem.[/QUOTE]

Semi-true. I still get a lot more out of my 50" TV sitting 10 feet away than I did when I previously sat 6 feet from my 27" TV, or when I sit at my 17" computer monitor.

Things just look better, and are more immersive, on a bigger screen sitting further away vs sitting right on top of a small screen.

That's why I still pay crazy ticket prices to see movies in the theater, even my 50" TV can't replicate the experience of the big screen, even though I sit 10 feet from in and probably 50 feet or more from the movie screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back