Buy 1, Get 1 50% Off Select New Releases at Amazon

ninjatuned

CAGiversary!
[IMG-R=5838]19624[/IMG-R]Amazon is matching Kmart, and holding a buy 1, get 1 50% off sale on select new titles, including: Modern Warfare 3, Skyrim, Uncharted 3, Batman: Arkham City, Rage, Goldeneye 007: Reloaded and more.

iconamazon.gif
Buy 1, Get 1 50% off at Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DeadRabbit']Ok, so obviously the moral answer as well as the ethical answer is I should mention their mistake to Amazon, but here is the deal.

I Emailed support and asked them if they could include Saints Row: The Third in the b1g1 50% off deal, because I wanted that and Skyrim. I also added that Kmart was running the same promotion with both games I wanted but I would much rather purchase from Amazon.

I don't ever complain or haggle, I'm pretty much a model customer. I also do alot of business through them.

So I get an Email back stating that while they couldn't officially offer SR: TT, they would be more than happy to refund me the 50% after I completed the order. They told me to just Email back after I placed my order with the order# and they would take care of it.

So I did exactly that, I ordered Saints Row and Skyrim for 129 and change, sent the order # reiterating that I was promised the b1g1 50% special for these 2 games.

I get an Email about an hour back stating that they are sorry they can't provide the promotion, but they were going to refund me 59.98 for my troubles.

I've already gotten the refund, and both games will be here tomorrow.

Like I said I know what the right answer is, but seriously, I told them twice what the offer was, and this was a clerical error on their part. Do I just go ahead and say "Score" or what. What would you guys do?[/QUOTE]

Wow. So you basically got one of those games for free? Nice.

[quote name='DeadRabbit']Ok, so obviously the moral answer as well as the ethical answer is I should mention their mistake to Amazon, but here is the deal.

I Emailed support and asked them if they could include Saints Row: The Third in the b1g1 50% off deal, because I wanted that and Skyrim. I also added that Kmart was running the same promotion with both games I wanted but I would much rather purchase from Amazon.

I don't ever complain or haggle, I'm pretty much a model customer. I also do alot of business through them.

So I get an Email back stating that while they couldn't officially offer SR: TT, they would be more than happy to refund me the 50% after I completed the order. They told me to just Email back after I placed my order with the order# and they would take care of it.

So I did exactly that, I ordered Saints Row and Skyrim for 129 and change, sent the order # reiterating that I was promised the b1g1 50% special for these 2 games.

I get an Email about an hour back stating that they are sorry they can't provide the promotion, but they were going to refund me 59.98 for my troubles.

I've already gotten the refund, and both games will be here tomorrow.

Like I said I know what the right answer is, but seriously, I told them twice what the offer was, and this was a clerical error on their part. Do I just go ahead and say "Score" or what. What would you guys do?[/QUOTE]

Tried emailing AMZ customer service to get this done as well but was shot down :cry:

I don't know if I should take advantage of this deal. I want to get Batman: Arkham City and Rage.

It comes out to $70.95 after a $10 promo credit.

$35 a game

Should I get it now? or try and wait to see what Amazon has? or is it too good to pass up right now?

[quote name='Gmmr04']I don't know if I should take advantage of this deal. I want to get Batman: Arkham City and Rage.

$35 a game

Should I get it now? or try and wait to see what Amazon has? or is it too good to pass up right now?[/QUOTE]

If they match Batman's lowest price on Black Friday (under $30) you end up spending more, and I don't think Rage will retain much value for much longer (Best Buy will have it for $30 which also might get matched). I see it as one of those $15 on Gamefly sales in two or three months, but $30 is a good price for what you get too in my opinion. Basically, I'd wait, because even if they "match" with $35 prices each, you'd still be paying less in that scenario.

[quote name='Gmmr04']I don't know if I should take advantage of this deal. I want to get Batman: Arkham City and Rage.

$35 a game

Should I get it now? or try and wait to see what Amazon has? or is it too good to pass up right now?[/QUOTE]

Wait for sure. Batman and especially Rage will go down in price black Friday.

[quote name='VaultDweller']is skyrim and batman worth $65? (i have $20 credit) or should i wait for their black friday deals?[/QUOTE]

I'd say skyrim alone is worth $65. but with it being this close to bf, I'd just wait and see what deals they run.

[quote name='VaultDweller']is skyrim and batman worth $65? (i have $20 credit) or should i wait for their black friday deals?[/QUOTE]

Skyrim alone is worth $65 IMHO!

bread's done
Back