Buy 1, Get 1 Free 4th of July Sale at Amazon

[quote name='DesertLeo']If the occasional mediocre sale is enough to keep you from shopping with one of the best online video game retailers ever, then good riddance.[/QUOTE]

+1. But you can't expect someone who spells his own username wrong to understand that.

I don't know why people bitch about retailers. There's always gonna be a sale sooner or later at a retailer. So just... buy it where the deal is good.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']+1. But you can expect someone who spells his own username wrong to understand that.

I don't know why people bitch about retailers. There's always gonna be a sale sooner or later at a retailer. So just... buy it where the deal is good.[/QUOTE]

that would require patience sir, something a lot of people from the entitled generation tend to lack.

[quote name='retrad']amazon sucks lately probably not going to buy games anymore from them.
their sales are set sail for fail.[/QUOTE]

The funny thing is you have a ps3 and they had a good selection of ps3 titles in their sale. Don't blame Amazon because you didn't see it before now. :roll:

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']The funny thing is you have a ps3 and they had a good selection of ps3 titles in their sale.. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Like what?

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']The funny thing is you have a ps3 and they had a good selection of ps3 titles in their sale. Don't blame Amazon because you didn't see it before now. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Yes, please elaborate...

:drool:

I have been holding on to buying Lord of Arcana for a while now, so this BOGO "sale" works for me.

[quote name='estofan']I have been holding on to buying Lord of Arcana for a while now, so this BOGO "sale" works for me.[/QUOTE]

Not sure how much it is since I can't find it listed, but Amazon had it for $18 by itself a couple months ago. Hope you didn't get ripped off.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']The funny thing is you have a ps3 and they had a good selection of ps3 titles in their sale. Don't blame Amazon because you didn't see it before now. :roll:[/QUOTE]

yeah like what!?

Thinking about these 2 Wii games:

http://www.amazon.com/Busy-Scissors-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B0041SCOYW/ref=br_lf_m_1000700501_2_53_ttl?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=videogames&pf_rd_p=1307794422&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000700501&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0QKFGNXEHYH7CDBGRE61
http://www.amazon.com/Gummy-Bears-Mini-Golf-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B003OPX9A6/ref=br_lf_m_1000700501_3_64_ttl?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=videogames&pf_rd_p=1307794422&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000700501&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=11XRRW4486T0NFDXJMC8
Any opinions?

*BTW, I think both of these games are a waste of the earthly resources they consume being non-biodegradable plastic, the electricity wasted in manufacturing and killing at least 1 tree total for the entire production runs' worth of manuals!!

Remember when Nintendo used to have pride as to what they allowed on their consoles? What ever happened to the gold seal of approval?

lol wtf? I have my ps3 collection listed publicly on this site... I have excellent taste in games and nowhere in that selection was there anything remotely close to a good game.

Not to mention they marked all the games up dramatically before having this fail "sale"

It was like a bargain bin sale on bad games except for the bargain part.

[quote name='retrad']lol wtf? I have my ps3 collection listed publicly on this site... I have excellent taste in games and nowhere in that selection was there anything remotely close to a good game.

Not to mention they marked all the games up dramatically before having this fail "sale"

It was like a bargain bin sale on bad games except for the bargain part.[/QUOTE]

Actually before when i first looked they HAD some good games available. Like Demon Soul, Fear 2, bayonetta, Lost Planet 2 all for the PS3. The prices were indeed a bit jacked up, but overall compare to some of the retail prices they were still a bit cheaper, also with the B1G1 you technically do save some money.

[quote name='sassylaurie']Thinking about these 2 Wii games:

http://www.amazon.com/Busy-Scissors-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B0041SCOYW/ref=br_lf_m_1000700501_2_53_ttl?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=videogames&pf_rd_p=1307794422&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000700501&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0QKFGNXEHYH7CDBGRE61
http://www.amazon.com/Gummy-Bears-Mini-Golf-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B003OPX9A6/ref=br_lf_m_1000700501_3_64_ttl?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=videogames&pf_rd_p=1307794422&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000700501&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=11XRRW4486T0NFDXJMC8
Any opinions?

*BTW, I think both of these games are a waste of the earthly resources they consume being non-biodegradable plastic, the electricity wasted in manufacturing and killing at least 1 tree total for the entire production runs' worth of manuals!!

Remember when Nintendo used to have pride as to what they allowed on their consoles? What ever happened to the gold seal of approval?[/QUOTE]

Like these?

NES_Taboo_The_Sixth_Sense_Box.jpg

1128235110-00.jpg

nes-barbie-box-front.jpg

Yeah, it just means that the game will work; it's not some indication of quality.

[quote name='theflicker']Like these?

nes-barbie-box-front.jpg

Yeah, it just means that the game will work; it's not some indication of quality.[/QUOTE]

Don't hate. My wife says BARBIE was super-hard.

Yeah. Here's the thing: everyone romanticizes the past but there were tons of shitty video games back then too. All the shovelware on the nintendo these days doesn't mean nintendo doesn't care (any less than they did in the NES days.) You never know if a game will be a blockbuster seller (See that Dance game) so you almost have to approve everything unless it is offensive.

So people need to stop bellyachin about all the shovelware on Nintendo. Do they suck? Sure. But it's not as if you thought a Dream Salon game from Zoo was good did you? No one is forcing you to buy these games.

Aw what happened? They had RoF on there for $26 or something but OOS. They got it back in stock, jacked the price to $30, and removed it from the sale.

I'm a sad panda...

[quote name='confoosious']Yeah. Here's the thing: everyone romanticizes the past but there were tons of shitty video games back then too.[/QUOTE]

^ This. LJN in particular was always fun, I can remember as a kid being psyched to play X-Men on the NES only to find it was a botched abortion of epic proportions. And that had Ninty's seal of approval. Yet, my copy of Tengen's RBI Baseball did not, and it was probably my favorite sports game from the NES.

[quote name='cametall']Aw what happened? They had RoF on there for $26 or something but OOS. They got it back in stock, jacked the price to $30, and removed it from the sale.

I'm a sad panda...[/QUOTE]

Saw that late last night as well. Tried to get it with another game but the B1G1 would not trigger. Whille RoF went back onto the list, it's product page didn't show the B1G1 promo. Oh well Amazon, no money for you!

[quote name='MrNEWZ']Don't hate. My wife says BARBIE was super-hard.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but she's fake. I heard her tits were plastic. :bouncy:

[quote name='Double-J']^ This. LJN in particular was always fun, I can remember as a kid being psyched to play X-Men on the NES only to find it was a botched abortion of epic proportions. And that had Ninty's seal of approval. Yet, my copy of Tengen's RBI Baseball did not, and it was probably my favorite sports game from the NES.[/QUOTE]

It's true. We all remember the 10-20 NES games that have stood the test of time and really make you feel like a kid again, and forget it had about 400 other horrible games that weren't very good back then and are complete shit now.

The N64 is the same way, and I think the Wii will fall into that trap too. SNES had more good games than bad IMHO, and the Gamecube did OK too (mainly because 3rd parties abandoned Nintendo that generation...)

[quote name='Barkwhip']Not sure if this is just me, but I added the Starcraft Battle Chest and Resonance of Fate to my cart and at checkout it deducted the cost of Resonance of Fate ($30) instead of Starcraft ($20), making the total $19.99 for both. Even funnier is that Starcraft isn't on the sales page put it's included in the sale.[/QUOTE]

I found one copy of RoF at kmart for 20 bucks in the value section. Best jrpg I've played in a long time.

[quote name='Lhallfin']I found one copy of RoF at kmart for 20 bucks in the value section. Best jrpg I've played in a long time.[/QUOTE]

The Kmart near me feels so dirty ... Guess I'll have to bite the bullet and go take a look.

Just got my two Wii Classic Controllers. They're actually Japanese imports, don't know how I missed that fact when I bought them--the product title says "Japanese Version" now that I look at it again. They work perfectly on the American Wii, so no problem there.

bread's done
Back