Buy 1 Get 1 Free all PO games $14.99 and under at Blockbuster

Gamerguy

CAGiversary!
I unpacked a bunch of signage at my store today, and there's a BOGO sale going on for all "previously played" games $14.99 and under. Sale starts 6/26 and ends 7/17.

There's a list of "featured games" I received from corporate, but the selection varies by store. Everything $14.99 and under works, across all platforms. Of course, you pay for the more expensive one.

Additionally, there's a buy two get two free sale on all the "previously viewed" DVDs. It's really not that great of a sale: we had a 3 for 20 sale a couple weeks ago that was a lot better.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually Derrick, many BB's have the manuals and inserts for all the extra copies of the game behind the counter in a drawer or in a box IN the drawer. Most times all you have to do is ASK and if they're not busy, they should be able to find the manuals and even the case inserts for you.

As for the stickers, if you GENTLY and SLOWLY peel them off after lifting up one or more corners of the sticker, you CAN get it off of there with very little residue left behind. It just takes a little patience to get those stickers off, since sometimes due to price drops, they are like EB/GS and put on MULTIPLE layers of them.[/quote]

Never thought of asking about the manuals I may call the store to see if they have them..

Thanks..

No problem, as you wouldn't believe the amount of waste BB makes. You know how it costs $5-10 for extra Xbox and PS2 cases? BB tosses out the extras after putting the rental copies in the rental cases. The only ones they keep are the GC cases, since those hold the GC games best.

Called the BB I purchased the games at and she checked in the drawer because she said they save them from time to time but the guy who usually puts the games from the original boxes into blockbuster cases just tosses all the stuff that comes with them including inserts and soundtracks.. She said they have a drawer full of stuff and gave me her name and said to come in the morning and im welcome to whatever manuals and other stuff that got saved from the cases is in the drawer... :lol:

If I wasnt already engaged I would ask her to marry me lol jk

May or may not be a decent morning...

I FINALLY got a chance to hit three of my local BB's and as I expected, they had next to nothing good at all three. Although, the one closest to me had Wild Arms 4 and Drakengard 2 marked $14.99 each on the shelf.

BTW, which Outrun game is harder to find? Outrun 2006 Coast to Coast? If so, a few of my local ones had at least one copy at each store.

I ended up picking up:

Scarface: $14.99
Silent Scope Complete: FREE(though the front part of the cover is faded since it was the part facing the sun most of the day)

The BB I picked those up at also had one last copy of The Guy Game for PS2, marked $24.99, which is also a harder to find game due to the controversy surrounding it.

I just wish that the BB I picked up my 2 games at had a copy of Sid Meier's Pirates for Xbox like the one close to me did. :whistle2:X

Ahh well....I'm still happy.

Oh and before I forget, the clerk at the store where I bought my games said the games have a THIRTY DAY GUARANTEE, for anyone wondering how long you could try and return them.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I FINALLY got a chance to hit three of my local BB's and as I expected, they had next to nothing good at all three. Although, the one closest to me had Wild Arms 4 and Drakengard 2 marked $14.99 each on the shelf.

BTW, which Outrun game is harder to find? Outrun 2006 Coast to Coast? If so, a few of my local ones had at least one copy at each store.

I ended up picking up:

Scarface: $14.99
Silent Scope Complete: FREE(though the front part of the cover is faded since it was the part facing the sun most of the day)

The BB I picked those up at also had one last copy of The Guy Game for PS2, marked $24.99, which is also a harder to find game due to the controversy surrounding it.

I just wish that the BB I picked up my 2 games at had a copy of Sid Meier's Pirates for Xbox like the one close to me did. :whistle2:X

Ahh well....I'm still happy.

Oh and before I forget, the clerk at the store where I bought my games said the games have a THIRTY DAY GUARANTEE, for anyone wondering how long you could try and return them.[/quote]

Have any idea how the policy works? Do they have the old this game sucks I want a new one EB?GS policy? lol

Not sure about that, though I've always said 'the game doesn't work right for me' when returning a game, specially if the policy was that it had to be malfunctioning and not just 'that it sucks'. LOL

Either way, I'm sure I'll test that policy in 2 weeks or so, since I'm having my usual buyers remorse on both as of now. :( That's the problem with being a really stingy CAG, is that I keep thinking 'I could find that cheaper elsewhere I'm sure'.

Mind you, I've played the SS games before and liked them on PS2 and for 'free'(technically like $7.50 if you divide the $14.99 price in 2 for the games), I guess I could try it and if I don't like it, I'll just toss it back.

I get paid again on Friday, so I may just go back to my closest one and grab Pirates and something else, then swap out the other game at another BB and get Freedom Fighters, which was $9.99 at one of the three I went to tonight.

Well, I jumped at mine. I got lucky, at my blockbuster, they never raised the price of Lego Star Wars II for the 360, so it was behind the case for $14.99. They had a copy of Otogi for $10, so I grabbed it as my "free" game. I was eyeing both copies during the B2G1 free sales they were having a couple weeks ago, but there wasn't a decent enough 3rd game in the store to make me bite.

One "interesting" part. When I got Lego Star Wars, it rang up at $16.99, but the free game automatically came off. So, I'm wodering, if your free game is $14.99 or under, you might be able to get a higher price game as your paid for one (though, I obviously complained that Star Wars was listed at $14.99, so I got it for $15).

[quote name='lordxixor101']
So, I'm wodering, if your free game is $14.99 or under, you might be able to get a higher price game as your paid for one (though, I obviously complained that Star Wars was listed at $14.99, so I got it for $15).[/quote]
That's what I was wondering as well. It should be allowed for someone to pay for a game that was more than $14.99 and the free one being the $14.99 and under game!

If that were the case, I would have definitely be more inclined to buy games during this sale/promotion.

Yeah, but the sale probably only counts for games under $15 because those are older games and they are trying to clear out old inventory.

They probably don't have much of a problem moving the newer games, so they have no reason to discount those.

[quote name='lordxixor101']
One "interesting" part. When I got Lego Star Wars, it rang up at $16.99, but the free game automatically came off. So, I'm wodering, if your free game is $14.99 or under, you might be able to get a higher price game as your paid for one (though, I obviously complained that Star Wars was listed at $14.99, so I got it for $15).[/QUOTE]

This actually happened to me.

One of the pairs I got was Silent Hill 3 ($9.99) and Capcom Fighting Evolution ($14.99), and when the guy rang up all my games I paid for Silent Hill and got Capcom Fighting Evolution free.
This was the only time this had happened for me and I think it's mainly because the guy was in a hurry. It would be interesting to see if you could do this again by stacking your games in the correct order and hoping they just pick them up and scan them that way.

Just walked out of my local BB with...

Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast (Xbox) - $14.99
Twisted Metal: Head-On (PSP) - FREE!

Both games came with the manuals and are in great condition (Outrun looks like it was hardly ever rented out). This is also the third time I have seen Outrun 2006 for the Xbox in a retail location. Thanks for reminding me about this deal guys. Might go back for SOCOM 3 (PS2), Ultimate Ghost 'n Goblins (PSP), King of Fighters 02/03 (Xbox) and various others.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Have any idea how the policy works? Do they have the old this game sucks I want a new one EB?GS policy? lol[/QUOTE]

Unless you get a really naive manager, the policy is only for defective merchandise. If you buy something and it doesn't work, you have 30 days to bring it in and they'll swap it out for another copy of the SAME game. Even if there aren't any others available for sale, they'll find one of the rental copies and swap it out with one of those.

I know I said I would never step into GR, but I may have to now. My friend figured out that the 2nd game is always free, not matter if it is more expensive than the first. As long as the games are under $14.99. He bought 2 games at each store and both times the more expensive game was free because he gave it to them second. I donno if this is his luck or what. Also i am not sure if this will work if you bought 4 games or something, someone should definetly look into this.

I bought 4 games, and the other cashier told my cashier to ring up the least expensive game second, cause it will always be the free one. I'm assuming that when I bought 4, it would take the 2nd then the 4th one off, but I can't remember, since it was last week and they were all the same price anyways.

Well, I Finally got my blockbuster to own up. fucking manager's face was white when I proved it to him hahaha.

Anyways, I pick up Unreal Tournament 2, Indigo Prophecy, Rugby 06 (perfect condition, smells new), state of emergency 2, Spyro: Hero's Tail, and Pokemon Chanel (for my sis, it was free).

Rang up to be 38 dollars, but I bargained with my father who only made me pay 30 since I got something for my sister. I think I scored fairly well for once.

[quote name='shnizzle66']Rugby 06 (perfect condition, smells new),.[/quote] :rofl:

Good find on Indigo Prophecy as well

Btw, I can look for some games if anyone wants anything for cost + shipping. I didn't notice anything good at my Blockbuster, but I do have that Darkstalkers game ($15), and a bunch of Gamecube/xbox games. Some PS2 games, but nothing too noteworthy, I don't think. You can PM me titles and I'll tell you if I saw em.

I got Godfather complete disc was fair condition. I really wanted DarkWatch though, and it was in good condition disc only.

But then I saw that Fred Meyer had the Godfather on clearance for $9.99, crap.

[quote name='kube00']I got Godfather complete disc was fair condition. I really wanted DarkWatch though, and it was in good condition disc only.

But then I saw that Fred Meyer had the Godfather on clearance for $9.99, crap.[/quote]

I felt the same way picking up nanobreaker for PS2 for $9.99 used because Best buy has it new that price but oh well its complete and the disc is in fantastic condition...

Excuse me if this has been adressed before but what would happen if i returned one of the free games? Would I need the one I payed for or what?

[quote name='xXxSeraphimxXx']Just walked out of my local BB with...

Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast (Xbox) - $14.99
Twisted Metal: Head-On (PSP) - FREE!

Both games came with the manuals and are in great condition (Outrun looks like it was hardly ever rented out). This is also the third time I have seen Outrun 2006 for the Xbox in a retail location. Thanks for reminding me about this deal guys. Might go back for SOCOM 3 (PS2), Ultimate Ghost 'n Goblins (PSP), King of Fighters 02/03 (Xbox) and various others.[/QUOTE]

Outrun 2006 is actually really hard to find on the Xbox. Good score!

RD

I got back from my BB a little while ago and checked out their PO games since I saw this thread the other day.

The only good/decent games that interested me and qualified were XBLA Unplugged Vol. 1 & Lego Star Wars II: TOT (360) for $14.99 each. Also, they had Wild Arms 3 for $9.99 and Deus Ex: TC for $5.99. I didn't buy them, but I think I'll go back tomorrow and pick up the 360 games.

Is XBLA Unplugged Vol. 1 worth it? Out of the 6 games I only own Texas Hold Em. I know that the games run off the disc so my other question is, can you play these games online? I know the disc was meant for people w/out Live, but that shouldn't mean that the developers stripped the games of their online capabilities. If someone can please answer this, I'd greatly appreciate it!

So, wait a second, Outrun 2006 IS the 'hard to find' Outrun that everyone mentioned going for decent change on Fleabay? I'm just wondering because 2 of my local BB's had copies of it in stock for $14.99.

I didn't know that Outrun 2006 (xbox) was rare at all, good to know! Anyways I ran out to my local Gamerush and grabbed these (both complete):

- Kuon (ps2)- $14.99
- Outrun 2006: Coast to Coast (Xbox)- FREE!!

I saw a bunch more stuff that I plan on going back for, and I also need to ask my local BB's if they have extra manuals in back(as was mentioned earlier).

FWIW, this deal just finally started Monday at the franchise stores near me in MD. The signage in one store just said B1G1 on PO games, no price restrictions posted.

Got Dot Hack Part 3 and Xenosaga, among others.

[quote name='Cleaner7']I got back from my BB a little while ago and checked out their PO games since I saw this thread the other day.

The only good/decent games that interested me and qualified were XBLA Unplugged Vol. 1 & Lego Star Wars II: TOT (360) for $14.99 each. Also, they had Wild Arms 3 for $9.99 and Deus Ex: TC for $5.99. I didn't buy them, but I think I'll go back tomorrow and pick up the 360 games.

Is XBLA Unplugged Vol. 1 worth it? Out of the 6 games I only own Texas Hold Em. I know that the games run off the disc so my other question is, can you play these games online? I know the disc was meant for people w/out Live, but that shouldn't mean that the developers stripped the games of their online capabilities. If someone can please answer this, I'd greatly appreciate it![/QUOTE]

Yes, you can play the Arcade Unplugged games online! I had it but traded it to GC last week (when they were giving $27.27 for it). It is kind of annoying because you have to have the 360 disc-spin noise for games that shouldn't be that way - if only you could put them on your HD (and just have the disc in your drive for copy protection).

However, beware that they upped the price of Lego Star Wars II to $16.99 just before the sale started. Your BB should have retagged it, but probably just overlooked it. You can still probably get the B1G1 free if it is still tagged $14.99, but note that it may be a hassle ;). They apparently did this with most of the 360 games - maybe even Arcade Unplugged as well.

All I ended up using this deal for was to transfer useless Blockbuster credit to Gamecrazy. I bought some crappy (and mostly disc-only) PSP games that my local Blockbuster was never going to sell and traded them to GC for a slight profit (when I would have been happy with an even exchange). Now I can actually get stuff I want from GC with it ;). I might do a bit more of it with some PS2/Xbox games, but those are a little harder as there is no trade-in bonus on them and the prices are little more all over the place than for PSP games.

I picked up Conker Live and Shadow Hearts from the New World. The Shadow Hearts game gives me a disc read error though. That sucks, thats the only other game they had that i wanted.
I also went around my neighborhood looking for other Blockbusters. Those places are dropping like flies, four of them are now empty, and one turned into a shoe shop.

[quote name='io']Yes, you can play the Arcade Unplugged games online! I had it but traded it to GC last week (when they were giving $27.27 for it). It is kind of annoying because you have to have the 360 disc-spin noise for games that shouldn't be that way - if only you could put them on your HD (and just have the disc in your drive for copy protection).

However, beware that they upped the price of Lego Star Wars II to $16.99 just before the sale started. Your BB should have retagged it, but probably just overlooked it. You can still probably get the B1G1 free if it is still tagged $14.99, but note that it may be a hassle ;). They apparently did this with most of the 360 games - maybe even Arcade Unplugged as well.

All I ended up using this deal for was to transfer useless Blockbuster credit to Gamecrazy. I bought some crappy (and mostly disc-only) PSP games that my local Blockbuster was never going to sell and traded them to GC for a slight profit (when I would have been happy with an even exchange). Now I can actually get stuff I want from GC with it ;). I might do a bit more of it with some PS2/Xbox games, but those are a little harder as there is no trade-in bonus on them and the prices are little more all over the place than for PSP games.[/QUOTE]

Okay, looks like I'll pick it up when I go back today/tomorrow. And I did notice one kind of good game marked $16.99 and thought "Those jerks marked it up for the sale", but was surprised to see the previously mentioned games at the $14.99. Since they're marked that way, I'll be sure to beg my case. ;)

One more question...

Do the games on XBLA Unplugged V1 give achievement points? I'm pretty sure they do, but just wanted to be sure yet again. I wonder when MS will announce a Vol. 2. Besides the whole having to run from a disc, these sets are pretty good deals.

Here are the games I found at blockbuster

Marvel Nemesis-$14.99 (xbox)
Advent Rising Free

Black-$14.99 (xbox)
Flatout 2 free (xbox)

Kung Fu Chaos -$9.99
Dino Crisis 3 free

Manhunt-$9.99 (xbox)
Mercenaries free (xbox

Star Wars Republic Commando-$14.99 (xbox)
Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes free

I got a free copy of Madden 07 for the 360 when I got my 360 back. It was just a disc in a sleeve when I got it. So I traded in the game at Gamecrazy and got Perfect Dark Zero Limited Collectors Edition for $10.00

[quote name='Cleaner7']

Do the games on XBLA Unplugged V1 give achievement points? I'm pretty sure they do, but just wanted to be sure yet again. I wonder when MS will announce a Vol. 2. Besides the whole having to run from a disc, these sets are pretty good deals.[/QUOTE]

They sure do - look at my GT; the only way I've played those games is via the Arcade Unplugged disc. Yeah, I've actually held off buying a few of the XBLA games I want thinking they might show up on a vol. 2 disc soon.

Picked up Sly 3 (14.99) and Billy Hatcher (9.99) for 10.62.
Sly was scanned second and it came off when he scanned the coupon which is awesome.

[quote name='io']They sure do - look at my GT; the only way I've played those games is via the Arcade Unplugged disc. Yeah, I've actually held off buying a few of the XBLA games I want thinking they might show up on a vol. 2 disc soon.[/QUOTE]

Oh okay, thanks a lot for all your answers!

And I didn't get the chance to go to BB since my dog had a moderate seizure today. :cry: Looks like a trip to the vet is in the works so I don't want to spend too much.

I'll try to go to BB tomorrow and just pick up the 360 games since it's a darn good price and I at least have a little bit of money to spare.

What if you just buy one game under $15? Do you get if half off? I asked the guy working, he paused and was like "Uh...uh uh um yeah you have to get two, yeah."

I don't see why...get two games $10 each, same as selling one for $5.

I also saw Tomb Raider Legends, I was kinda interested in that. But I did see Champions of Norath the non-GH edition and Lego Star Wars both 14.99? Should I spend my money?

I ended up buying both Lego Star Wars II: TOT and XBLA Unplugged Vol. 1. Someone was right when they said that these games were marked up to $16.99 so they wouldn't be valid in the sale. They were right about the price, but I was still allowed to get one free! Pretty sweet.

Oh and I remembered what one game had the $15.99 price tag... it was Zelda: Wind Waker. Wonder if I buy Viewtiful Joe (GC) for $9.99 and have them ring up Zelda: WW 2nd if I could still get it free like the other two. Or maybe it only worked before because both were $15.99. Hmm maybe I'll try this tomorrow if they still have them. Anyone else try a similar thing?

[quote name='Cleaner7']I ended up buying both Lego Star Wars II: TOT and XBLA Unplugged Vol. 1. Someone was right when they said that these games were marked up to $16.99 so they wouldn't be valid in the sale. They were right about the price, but I was still allowed to get one free! Pretty sweet.

Oh and I remembered what one game had the $15.99 price tag... it was Zelda: Wind Waker. Wonder if I buy Viewtiful Joe (GC) for $9.99 and have them ring up Zelda: WW 2nd if I could still get it free like the other two. Or maybe it only worked before because both were $15.99. Hmm maybe I'll try this tomorrow if they still have them. Anyone else try a similar thing?[/quote] If you go back a few pages into this thread, you'll see that several people have had luck getting the cashier to ring up the more expensive game second. So, if you are able to do the same as those people, then yeah, if you have them ring up Joe first and Zelda second, then you'd get both for Joe's price of $9.99. Doesn't hurt to try at your store as they seem pretty lax about the B1G1 especially since they let you get the B1G1 with $16.99 games. Good luck!

Thanks a lot for the answer! I greatly appreciate it. I'll probably try tomorrow, but I don't really need a copy of Zelda: Wind Waker. Anyone want to buy the extra?

I made out like a bandit on this sale ... one of the few benefits to living in a small town. Our Blockbuster was loaded with pretty decent games, but here's what I got on my first run:

Rogue Galaxy (mint - I mean mint) - $14.99
Tales of Legendia (just as mint) - free

They had lots of copies of Psychonauts for Xbox/PS2, Street Fighter Alpha Anthology, Metal Slug 4/5, and even the rare Futurama game that has its own thread right now. I'll probably be going back.

I would like to find Monster Hunter for PS2 anyone see that around and no how much it is at/BB or gamerush?

Trying to score the Devil May cry games on this sale but every store I go to either has one or the other and never complete mostly disc only...

Starfox Adventures (GCN) - $14.99
Super Monkey Ball Adventure (GCN) - FREE (was $14.99)

Graffiti Kingdom (PS2) - $14.99
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life (GCN) - FREE (was $9.99)

I tried to do the slick "slip a $16.99 game and hoping the cashier wouldn't notice" thing but both times they did. Argh.

I got Outrun 2006 Coast to Coast on Xbox (the hard to find version) for $14.99.

And I picked up Megaman X collection for free. Although I'm thinking of returning it because it's not worth my time or money at the moment.

[quote name='jaso']Rogue Galaxy (mint - I mean mint) - $14.99[/quote]

Rogue Galaxy is really $14.99 used at Blockbuster? That seems low for such a recent game.

I've gone to 3 different blockbusters in my area and I've found 1 $14.99 at each I want in this sale, so I haven't bitten yet, but with the $5 BB GC I have sitting in my wallet, it probably won't be long before I snag something!

bread's done
Back