Buy 1 Get 1 Free on Select games @ Target (YMMV?)

Bezerker

CAGiversary!
Feedback
38 (97%)
Just got back from trading in some games at Target and was told & shown the printout stating that all the games with a Price Sticker & Barcode on the front of the case (see picture below) are Buy 1 Get 1 Free.  I did not read the fine print to see when the promotion ends, but it seems like a great deal as there are some pretty good games in the selection.

Photo Courtesy of Shipwreck (though im a bit worried about the games on his racks not having the barcodes on front)

Bn8tUimIEAAhmY5.jpg

Example of sticker:

Receipt Proof:

A main reason I put the YMMV tag in the title is that 3 of the stores I've been to keep all of the "specially marked" games in the back room gathering dust, so unless you have a DCPI, theres no way to tell what games they have for sale.  Each store that actually put them on the shelf has had around 50-100 titles, all varying and across 360, Ps3, Wii, Vita, DS, 3DS and PSP.

*EDIT* Removed "holiday 2013" branding as it was causing confusion.  Just calling them "specially marked" since its easier to summarize.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some games I have confirmed to be part of it:

Vita:

DoA 5+

NFS Most Wanted

Lumines

Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz

SFxT

Rayman Origins

Uncharted Golden Abyss

Smart As

Reality Fighters

Soul Sacrifice

Unit 13

Angry Birds Star Wars

Gravity Rush

Lego LotR

Resistance

Dungeon Hunter Alliance

Lego Batman 2

Hot Shots Golf

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2+

MGS HD

Ultimate MvC3

360:

Rock Band 3

Mass Effect 3

Mass Effect 3 LE

Nicktoons MLB

Adventure Time Explore the Dungeon

Generator Rex Agent of Providence

Resident Evil Raccoon City

Deadliest Warrior Ancient Combat

Madagascar 3

Power Rangers Super Samurai (Kinect game)

Dragons Dogma

Resident Evil 6

FIFA 13

FIFA Street

Inversion

Alan Wake

X-men Destiny

Alvin & the Chipmunks Chipwrecked

Sims 3 Pets

Aliens Colonial Marines

Crackdown 2

FIFA 12

F1 2011

Mortal Kombat

Madden 13

Some games I have confirmed to be part of it:

Vita:

DoA 5+

NFS Most Wanted

Lumines

Super Monkey Ball Banana Splitz

SFxT

Rayman Origins

Uncharted Golden Abyss

Smart As

Reality Fighters

Soul Sacrifice

Unit 13

Angry Birds Star Wars

Gravity Rush

Lego LotR

Resistance

Dungeon Hunter Alliance

Lego Batman 2

Hot Shots Golf

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2+

MGS HD

Ultimate MvC3

360:

Rock Band 3

Mass Effect 3

Mass Effect 3 LE

Nicktoons MLB

Adventure Time Explore the Dungeon

Generator Rex Agent of Providence

Resident Evil Raccoon City

Deadliest Warrior Ancient Combat

Madagascar 3

Power Rangers Super Samurai (Kinect game)

Dragons Dogma

Resident Evil 6

FIFA 13

FIFA Street

Inversion

Alan Wake

X-men Destiny

Alvin & the Chipmunks Chipwrecked

Sims 3 Pets

Aliens Colonial Marines

Crackdown 2

FIFA 12

F1 2011

Mortal Kombat

Madden 13
Additionally (some with prices):

PS3 Games

Hitman HD Trilogy $29.99

Max Payne/GTA IV Complete Bundle $39.99

Transformers: War For Cybertron $39.99

Dead or Alive 5 $9.99

Mass Effect 3

360 Games

The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition $19.99

Lego Batman: The Game $19.99

Hitman HD Trilogy $29.99

Rockstar Collection (GTA IV, Red Dead, Midnight Club, L.A. Noire) $29.99

Dance Central

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Fable: The Journey

Wii U

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

ESPN Something

Vita

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus $19.99

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus 2 $19.99

Unit 13 $29.99

3DS

Nintendogs

Pilotwings

My store had terrible signage...all it said was Special Sale and then in fine print it said that it was Buy 1 Get 1 Free. Some games included in the sale were in their normal spots on the shelf, not in the sale area. I had to hunt some down to scan and check if they were part of the "Special Offer".

Additionally (some with prices):

PS3 Games

Hitman HD Trilogy $29.99

Max Payne/GTA IV Complete Bundle $39.99

Transformers: War For Cybertron $39.99

Dead or Alive 5 $9.99

Mass Effect 3

360 Games

The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition $19.99

Lego Batman: The Game $19.99

Hitman HD Trilogy $29.99

Rockstar Collection (GTA IV, Red Dead, Midnight Club, L.A. Noire) $29.99

Dance Central

Battlefield Bad Company 2

Fable: The Journey

Wii U

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge

ESPN Something

Vita

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus $19.99

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus 2 $19.99

Unit 13 $29.99

3DS

Nintendogs

Pilotwings

My store had terrible signage...all it said was Special Sale and then in fine print it said that it was Buy 1 Get 1 Free. Some games included in the sale were in their normal spots on the shelf, not in the sale area. I had to hunt some down to scan and check if they were part of the "Special Offer".
I scanned Fable at my store and it did not show up special promotion.

Got dark souls and hitman trilogy for $22 not bad. Had to price match hitman for 22.50

Add to the list

Xbox 360 

Skate 3

Sleeping Dogs 

Final Fantasy 13-2 

Dark Souls

WHAT DIDNT WORK

Ducktales 360

Kid Icarus 3DS

Fire Emblem 3DS

Oblivion Game of the Year Edition 360

Had somebody ring all these games up.

There is no barcode sticker required.

This was at my store the other day.  Picked up Rockstar Collection :360: and Tropico 4 :360 for 29.99 (before redcard and Rx).  It had to be manually adjusted, as Tropico didn't come up free.

I picked up 2x Tetris Axis w/ the Bonus Princess Peach Stylus. If anyone wants to trade one of the other 3ds games from the sale, lmk.

Would anyone by chance know the DPCI for dragon hunter alliance vita? My two nearest targets like to hide the most games in the back making it impossible to shop there so I usually check availability online before I go, but this game doesn't show up for me.

I scanned several games at Target last night and only games in the value section that worked were Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 for Wii and Dark Souls for 360, which I already own. And scanning multiple games one at a time at the hand scanner resulted in alerting the electronics associate who repeatedly asked me if I needed help every time I went back to try another game. I might try a different Target with a better selection of games tonight.

My local store has this setup with a bunch of stuff but barely anything seems worthwhile.  I saw a Max Payne 3 + GTA IV pack for PS3 that's $20 before the sale.  Didn't see anything great like MGS HD.  A few games were still priced at $50 (like Metroid: Other M).

Would anyone by chance know the DPCI for dragon hunter alliance vita? My two nearest targets like to hide the most games in the back making it impossible to shop there so I usually check availability online before I go, but this game doesn't show up for me.

My Target in Michigan wasn't doing it, guy told me they wasn't doing other then the trade-ins. Gave him some clearance games and they didn't came up as b1g1. Gonna check to one near my house later.

My Target in Michigan wasn't doing it, guy told me they wasn't doing other then the trade-ins. Gave him some clearance games and they didn't came up as b1g1. Gonna check to one near my house later.
The three targets I visited today in Michigan also seemed clueless to the deal.

Whether or not the employees know about it, its going on.
Stopped at a target yesterday, and they had a sign up saying they were " last chance " games, and indicated the b1g1.

Looked like it was a bunch of older titles that they had a copy or two squirreled away in the back and brought out. I am think this is their new strategy over regularly clearing games (there has been a real dearth of clearance games the last several months).

I don't think it makes much sense...in effect they are taking games directly to 50% off! instead of going through the 30/50/70 progression. I am a lot more likely to spring for 30% off a fairly recent game than 50% off a really old game.

I figured out why skate 3 is hit or miss today . The ones in the platinum hits display have a sticker with a different upc over the original upc. The original upc applies the b1g1 the new upc sticker does not .

My store that I picked a few up from the other day took the sign down.  I didn't bother checking any games at the scanner since I had both of my kids with me.

Found MGS HD vita and uncharted vita at my target. Uncharted was 39.99 and MGS was 29.99 so it came to 42 for both and used some of my new credit. Huge score already and just saw uncharted is 29.99 at BBY so I'm going to go and see if I can get a price adjustment on it tomorrow on my way home. Glad to see many others are getting some good deals here!

FYI, for anyone thinking about Vita games, remember to check what you have from PS+

I have a bunch of them already from that, so the ones I would buy were limited in selection.

Found a metal gear solid collection vita today so I paired it with dungeon hunter alliance since they're both 30$ . I gonna return dungeon hunter and will have essentially got metal gear for 15$ .

Thanks for the head's up OP and the CAGs who posted lists and how to identify the participating games on the scanner with the "Special Offer" notation.  No signage at my store but was able to snag Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2, Jak/Daxter Collection, and 2x Skate 3 as boomerang bait.  Jak was mispriced and NGS2 was in the prison but everything rang up as it should. Good stuff...

Picked up Final Fantasy: Theatrhythm for 3DS and Rayman Legends for Vita for $29.99 this morning. I saw a few others including Top Hand Rodeo for 360, Dead Space 2 for PS3 and Toy Story Mania for Wii that I can remember.

I don't know if this was mentioned but it does ork at stores with no signage as long as the games qualify for it.  Did it with two Jak and Daxter for Vita yesterday at a store with no signage but it showed special promotion or whatever on the right side of the scanner when I price checked it and came up fine at the register.

I haven't found any stores in SW Washington or the Portland area doing it.

No signage. Employee said there was no deal, but they were doing 3X credit on trade ins.

Went to the White Plains, NY store and MT Kisco, NY store.  The only game for PS3, Vita or 3DS I noticed as being part of the deal was PS3 Mass Effect 3.  I couldn't find a second game so didn't bother.

White Plains had a bunch of games not in the prison.  I grabbed whatever looked interesting to me that wasn't XBox and scanned them.  None came up as part of the sale according to the posts earlier in the thread.

Mass Effect 3 was in the little prison at both stores so I couldn't scan it to confirm it was part of the deal.  

Sign was up at MT Kisco but was in front of PC games.   No sign in White Plains.

Small chance I will be near a 3rd Target later if so I might take a look but not too optimistic.  

The PS3 DPCI is the same, just 24 instead of 22.

The sale goes til the 31st according to a sign I saw today.

And to repeat, even if the employees are clueless the sale is still going on.  And have them check the backroom if you are looking for something.  The list I posted here was entirely games in the backroom at a store except for two.

The PS3 DPCI is the same, just 24 instead of 22.

The sale goes til the 31st according to a sign I saw today.

And to repeat, even if the employees are clueless the sale is still going on. And have them check the backroom if you are looking for something. The list I posted here was entirely games in the backroom at a store except for two.
One store there was no one in electronics. The other they were futzing with a TV or something behind the counter.

How likely are they to go look in the back and do I need to give them the DPCI code of what I am looking for. Maybe I will print out a list of what others have said was on sale just in case I end up at Target.

One store there was no one in electronics. The other they were futzing with a TV or something behind the counter.

How likely are they to go look in the back and do I need to give them the DPCI code of what I am looking for. Maybe I will print out a list of what others have said was on sale just in case I end up at Target.
If you are looking for something specific, yeah, the DPCI helps. You can also punch it into one of the price scanners and it'll say if it's in the stockroom or not.

The guy that found all the games I listed just got all the different Vita and 360 games out of the backroom and I scanned them at the scanner to see if they qualified.

Got the last two Assassin's Creed 3 Limited Editions for $103.75 + tax! The customer service guy just stared at me and couldn't believe it was B1G1!!!

Some DPCIs on items I found at my Target, all were in the back stockroom:

All PS Vita

$20:

Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus (207 20 0072)

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Plus (207 20 0109)

Super Monkey Ball (207 20 0069)

$30:

Resistance (207 20 0034)

Lumines (207 20 0047)

Dungeon Hunter (207 20 0051)

Unit 13 (207 20 0075)

$40:

Soul Sacrifice (207 20 0105)

Gravity Rush (207 20 0039)

On a side note, the employees really have no idea about this promotion.  The lady at first refused to sell these claiming that Sony had told them to pull all Vita games!

Got the last two Assassin's Creed 3 Limited Editions for $103.75 + tax! The customer service guy just stared at me and couldn't believe it was B1G1!!!
considering how cheap the game itself can be had for right now and whats inside the collectors edition (i got one for under 20$ when gamestop converted it to used) i honestly think you overpaid

bread's done
Back