Buy 1 year of PS+ at Gamestop, get a free $10 PSN card

nhlducks35

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
pspulia.png

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/05/20/playstation-plus-germinator-pinball-arcade-free-gamestop-ps-plus-deal/

Exclusive to GameStop stores, buy a 1 year PS Plus membership and get $10 in PSN cash to use on the PlayStation Store! You’ll get it right when you buy the 1 year Plus membership at GameStop; how’s that for instant gratification? You have until June 20th to take advantage of this deal. So whether you’ve been thinking about checking out PS Plus, or are an Instant Game Collection vet, you’ll want to hop on this deal.

[quote name='mig0']Is there a way to see when your PSN+ expires via your computer browser?[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately, no. Gotta go into your PS3/Vita.

Went into Gamestop today to take advantage of this offer and the employees there had absolutely no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned it. Not only that but when they rang me up for a year of PS+ to check on the offer, their system wanted to charge me sales tax. I declined. Maybe I'll try a different store and see if I get better results.

[quote name='Tabe']Went into Gamestop today to take advantage of this offer and the employees there had absolutely no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned it. Not only that but when they rang me up for a year of PS+ to check on the offer, their system wanted to charge me sales tax. I declined. Maybe I'll try a different store and see if I get better results.[/QUOTE]

I went in and fortunately they knew what they were doing and they have to actually go into the system and get a code which is beyond dumb. Talk about screwing customers who may not know to ask, maybe it's part of some perverse system GS uses to see who's actually pushing the offers or something. Otherwise it just prints on your receipt and you pop it into PSN. As far as sales tax goes that's normal with prepaid cards because either you get charged at point of purchase (like in this case) or you get charged tax when you make the purchase (like an iTunes card). Same when you go buy a GC to any store, no tax on the GC purchase but you'll pay tax on what you buy with it. It's really six of one and just a marginal difference in how much you actually have to spend on the service itself.

I went to gamestop today and ask the employee about the ps+ promotion. she told me she never heard such thing but told me that usually if I buy a xbox gold card there is a code I can get which is on the end of the receipt.

I just went and bought the ps+ card anyway and the $10 psn dollar is on the end of the receipt.

This tempting, but I just renewed a few months ago for a year.

If I had money to burn, I'd so help out my local Gamestop's employees. Probably buy a year from each employee.

[quote name='Tabe']Unfortunately, no. Gotta go into your PS3/Vita.[/QUOTE]

Not true. If you have downloaded anything that was free on plus you can check it from your computer. Just log into the store with your PSN account on your PC. Then click on your purchase history. There is an expiration date for all the Plus games. That is when your Plus account expires.

[quote name='kiddy_pride']does the ps+ work on the ps4?[/QUOTE]
I'm guessing yes but it will be delayed like the PS Vita.

[quote name='kiddy_pride']what do u mean?[/QUOTE]
They're probably not going to have a bunch of launch games available for free on PS+ on day 1. If PS4 games are going to be added to the program, it's probably going to be a few months after the system's release.

[quote name='Tabe']Went into Gamestop today to take advantage of this offer and the employees there had absolutely no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned it. Not only that but when they rang me up for a year of PS+ to check on the offer, their system wanted to charge me sales tax. I declined. Maybe I'll try a different store and see if I get better results.[/QUOTE]

The sales tax thing depends on your state. Check the Gamestop thread and the stores that don't charge sales tax on purchases w/store credit are usually also the ones that don't charge for digital purchases (digital money cards.)

[quote name='htz']I'm guessing yes but it will be delayed like the PS Vita.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Lemstar']They're probably not going to have a bunch of launch games available for free on PS+ on day 1. If PS4 games are going to be added to the program, it's probably going to be a few months after the system's release.[/QUOTE]

oh I understand. thank u!

bread's done
Back